Is Sean "Klu Klux" Hannity the next contestant dat on summer jam screen? Advertisers are leaving him

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/online/this-is-a-? -shot-hannity-accuses-liberals-of-trying-to-silence-him-as-he-loses-advertisers/
‘This is a ? Shot’: Hannity Accuses Liberals of Trying to ‘Silence’ Him as He Loses Advertisers

Fox News’ Sean Hannity is continuing to fire back at the media after several days of flirting with unsubstantiated stories about the murder of Democratic National Committee (DNC) staffer Seth Rich.

Advertisers have been backing away from Hannity’s show recently, which comes after he perpetuated the notion that Rich was killed over his supposed connections to WikiLeaks, and not because of a robbery gone wrong. Hannity blasted the “liberal fascism” of Media Matters in a tweetstorm last night, after the outlet published a list of advertisers who support his show.

Hannity spoke to Huffington Post on Wednesday, and he stayed on the attack against left-leaning outlets:

There’s nothing that I did, nothing that I said, except they don’t like my position politically. They’ll try to ratchet up the intensity of their rationale. It does not justify an attempt to get me fired. And that’s what this is. This is an attempt to take me out. This is a ? shot.

Hannity has somewhat retreated from Rich’s death ever since Fox News retracted an article that gave air to the conspiracy theories surrounding it. Hannity told HuffPo, however, that his decision to change course did not occur because Fox News higher-ups ordered him to.

“I did it out of my own heart. Nobody tells me what to say on my show. They never have and frankly they never will. I’m not that type of person you can say, ‘Go on air and say this.’ That’s been the beauty of Fox News all these years. They leave me alone.”

Hannity also seemed to allude to Bill O’Reilly‘s recent termination from Fox, saying that progressive media is trying to “silence [his] voice” along with the rest of the “old guard.”

“There is an attempt, at this moment in time, to absolutely shut down the Fox News Channel and render it, frankly, a shadow of its former self. I’m like the last, sole remaining person there from the old guard…Maybe they think that they’ll be able to mount my head on a trophy and put it in their living room somewhere. But what is the net impact of all of this?”

Fox’s Kimberly Guilfoyle announced last night that she would take over Hannity’s show for the next two days while he takes a long weekend ahead of Memorial Day.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/oreilly-2-0-hannity-to-take-two-nights-off-following-criticism-over-seth-rich-case/
Hannity to Take Two Nights Off Following Criticism Over Seth Rich Case

After an embarrassing volte-face from Fox News on the Seth Rich murder conspiracy, Sean Hannity continued to promote debunked conspiracy theories before ultimately deciding to drop coverage of the case for the time being “out of respect for the family’s wishes.”

The network’s official retraction to a story on their website was issued early Tuesday. Hannity’s pledge to hold off on the story “for now” occurred later that same evening–along with a statement that he would continue to anchor his show at Fox News for as long as they wanted him there.

But just tonight, amid reports that Hannity is beginning to hemorrhage multiple advertisers, The Five host Kimberly Guilfoyle reported that she’s replacing Hannity on Thursday and Friday as he takes the rest of the week off.

Could this be the end for the love-him-or-hate-him hallmark of the cable news channel and one-time ratings juggernaut?

It’s worth noting that the network has been in familiar territory before–in fact it’s been there quite recently.

As the furor over Bill O’Reilly’s litany of alleged sex crimes grew to a fever pitch following a New York Times expose on the multiple harassment allegations and pay-outs to his accusers, Fox News publicly stood behind their man. Then advertisers started dropping like flies. Then more. And more. And more.

A two-week vacation was announced; yet both the network and O’Reilly insisted everything was fine. It wasn’t.

Eight days after the vacation announcement, the network’s longtime signature star was abruptly fired.

And though it’s too soon to say anything for sure, the parallels between O’Reilly’s fall and the current situation are eerily similar. So far, Fox News has remained mum about Hannity’s future and requests for comment have gone ignored. The conservative firebrand, for his part, perhaps sensing the need to pre-empt such speculation took to Twitter and issued the following very secure-sounding statement:

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/05/keith-olbermann-blasts-hannity-craven-seth
    Keith Olbermann Blasts Hannity For Craven Seth Rich Exploitation

There is probably no better person to rip Sean Hannity for his cynical, craven effort to use the tragic murder of Seth Rich for political distraction than Keith Olbermann, who does not disappoint.

In the process, Hannity and Newt Gingrich are exposed for the sniveling cowards they are.

Yes, Hannity told viewers he wouldn't talk about Seth Rich anymore, but he never apologized to Rich's family for exploiting him. He never apologized to viewers for lying to them.

And then there's this. It appears there may have been some collusion with New Zealand hacker Kim Dotcom to gain access to Rich's account for the purposes of planting some evidence.

Dave Weigel:

According to experts and Rich’s family, the emailed invitation from welcome@mega.nz appeared to be an attempt to gain access to Rich’s email. Joel Rich, who maintains his late son’s Gmail account, did not click the link. Meanwhile, Dotcom was promising on Twitter to prove that the younger Rich had been in contact with WikiLeaks — and Fox News host Sean Hannity was telling his 2.37 million Twitter followers to be ready for a revelation.

Hannity had invited Dotcom to appear on his show for what he said on Twitter would be a “#GameChanger” interview. The implication: that Dotcom would finally offer evidence of his claim that Rich had sent internal DNC documents to WikiLeaks before his death.

All that began to unravel Tuesday afternoon, when Fox News retracted a story that had claimed the same Rich-WikiLeaks connection, telling readers that the article was “not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.” Fox News did not respond to a request for comment, but Dotcom wrote on his website that he would not speak further about his allegations.

Damn.. Keith went all the way in on Klannity...
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    george-soros-ty-phu-so-huu-quy-dau-tu-thanh-cong-nhat-lich-su-1.jpg

Uncle George working outchea
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Unfortunately, that might not change much. Apparently, his radio show is bigger than his TV show (though I wonder how secure his radio job is). I mean, doesn't Rush Limbaugh "run" the Republicans? And he's just a radio host, right?

But I think we should be careful about relying so much on getting other people fired. As with hate-crime laws, all of this can backfire. It's always a two-way street.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish catches a bullet. I always hated Hannity more than O Reilly
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hannity's on a different level than other conservative hosts though. He says some of the dumbest things and calls out the liberal media for doing the exact same things he does. I've listened to him over the years so I could get news and commentary from all sides, and since Trump took office he's been way over the top. He needs to go. He deliberately misleads his audience into wild conspiracy theories.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not opposed to them having their opinions but it's the advertisers right to move elsewhere if they think it hurts their image to be associated with a viewpoint. His show isn't really who he is, it's all an act to capture that demographic.
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    george-soros-ty-phu-so-huu-quy-dau-tu-thanh-cong-nhat-lich-su-1.jpg

Uncle George working outchea

Aint no way thats a human look at that face mask