Female Only Showing Of Wonder Woman, (Yea Or Nay)

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy

Female Only Showing Of Wonder Woman, (Yea Or Nay) 69 votes

Yes, Allow The Hypocritical Misandric Feminazi Dykin' ? Bumpers A Time To See Wonder Woman Among Their Own Kind
4%
hueySwiffness!Lefty_ 3 votes
No, This Some Straight ? That Runs Counter To The Ideal Of Equality
7%
L3NUTheBoyRoMaximus RexSandinistaDoubleShotHelix 5 votes
This Is One Of Those Things That Really Doesn't Matter At The End Of The Day
88%
Africa United[Deleted User]dontdiedontkillanyondamnkpMsSoutherninfamous114count  remysoul rattlerbigduece69fortyacresnex ginMECCA1000illestni99ainnePanchoYoSanchoMr.LVWill Munnynujerz84BDBIIDIdiopathic JokerCabana_Da_Don 61 votes

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Women-Only Wonder Woman Showings Sell Out Despite Outcry

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/27/women-only-screenings-wonder-woman

• Movie theaters in Austin, Texas and Brooklyn, New York ,say ‘no guys allowed’
    • Brooklyn Alamo promises to donate all proceeds to Planned Parenthood

3000.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=f3eb9ab0237f919f36ff7c7901701fe3
    Gal Gadot, the movie’s eponymous hero, at the premier in Los Angeles. The movie, based on the DC Comics character, opens on 2 June. Photograph: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

Plans by US movie theaters to host women-only screenings of Wonder Woman have produced support and some grumbling about gender discrimination. Despite criticism on social media, much of it from men, some such screenings are selling out. Several more have been added.

The offer of special screenings began in Austin, Texas, where Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has previously held specialty screenings for military veterans and others. Regarding plans for women-only Wonder Woman showings, the Alamo venue in Brooklyn, New York, posted a statement online.

“Apologies, gentlemen, but we’re embracing our girl power and saying ‘No Guys Allowed’ for several special shows at the Alamo Downtown Brooklyn,” it said.

“And when we say ‘women (and people who identify as women) only’, we mean it. So lasso your geeky girlfriends together and grab your tickets to this celebration of one of the most enduring and inspiring characters ever created.”

One person wrote on the theater’s Facebook page: “Apparently ‘equality’ is only selective nowadays. How about a ‘men’s only’ showing of a movie or is that not how equality works?”

The operators of the Brooklyn Alamo also promised to donate all proceeds from their women-only screenings to Planned Parenthood, the healthcare provider that is the target of attempted defunding by congressional Republicans.

The movie, based on the DC Comics character, opens on 2 June. It was directed by Patty Jenkins and stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, aka Diana Prince.

Ironically, Diana, Princess of Themyscira would not approve of this fuckery. Though not really important in the larger scheme of things, it goes to show you that these feminist ? bumpers aren't truly interested in gender equality, but they want a gynecocracy where woman rule and subjugate women to their tyranny. Imagine the ? storm if Magic announced that their were going to be showing of Black Panther for men or specifically black men.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17o6LKAjrvI

Woman Only Wonder Woman Screenings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_rWryltcEg

Double Standard
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF???

Is that really gonna happen?
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't matter watching this on kodi anyway
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What man is checking for Wonder Woman, especially in 2017? ? , they can have that ? . But I would go see a black man-only showing of Black Panther just because.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait till the movie let out
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be honest, you weren't gonna go watch the movie anyways

tf you care?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like you can't have Baywatch without The Hoff...........you can't have Wonder Woman without Linda Carter.

This is reason enough for me to save my money.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its for charity though.
    Also I don't give a ? about ww boring ass. I'll see it when I see it.
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care, don't plan on watching.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo if you a man and you care about this, you a more of a ? than the ? that went to the screening.

I didnt even know about this until right now and only came into call the dudes that care about this ? .
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? these ? . Its the principle.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    What man is checking for Wonder Woman, especially in 2017? ? , they can have that ? . But I would go see a black man-only showing of Black Panther just because.

Being a comics fan, I can't wait for Wonder Woman
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i refuse to believe any man is legitimately upset over this
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going see it
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Faux outrage from weak men

Thank you..who ? cares?