Democrats are still mad black people are waking up, and joining a post-Obama exodus....

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    There are a plethora of factors involved in the decrease of the vote in the last election, the greatest of which was a lack of faith in the political system and the lack of a decent candidate in the two main parties. The entire system is designed to work against the will of the people, Blacks especially, yet we feel as if the responsibility to maintain the system as it is is ours? That's asinine.

I'm tired of Black Psuedo-liberal cheerleaders acting like the Democratic Party is the best option we have. They are literally the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and mass incarceration, yet somehow they are our saving grace? It was LBJ who signed legislation that militarized the police in this country. It was under his administration that Black groups in this country were quashed and repressed. That's just one president.

Create an agenda for yourself, then create a political organization to execute your agenda, then worry about voting.

After that they became the party that signed civil rights. Then the racists went to the Repubs. Now they are by far the more diverse Party and had the first Black family in the White house...Its about current and future considerations for me. Not a hundred years ago. But voting is a personal thing. I wont be dissuaded from voting thats the opposite of sense.
    The outcome of the last election silenced the people who are described in this thread. ("They are the same, voting doesnt matter", etc. all lies)It didnt go as they expected and their talking points going forward were nullified. As time goes on some of them will conduct ridiculous mental gymnastics to try to continue to twist things in whatever direction. Facts be dammed. I guess some will do this regardless what happens and no matter how much evidence refutes their nonsensical claims. Irrelevant to my personal voting.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a plethora of factors involved in the decrease of the vote in the last election, the greatest of which was a lack of faith in the political system and the lack of a decent candidate in the two main parties. The entire system is designed to work against the will of the people, Blacks especially, yet we feel as if the responsibility to maintain the system as it is is ours? That's asinine.

I'm tired of Black Psuedo-liberal cheerleaders acting like the Democratic Party is the best option we have. They are literally the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and mass incarceration, yet somehow they are our saving grace? It was LBJ who signed legislation that militarized the police in this country. It was under his administration that Black groups in this country were quashed and repressed. That's just one president.

Create an agenda for yourself, then create a political organization to execute your agenda, then worry about voting.

After that they became the party that signed civil rights. Then the racists went to the Repubs. Now they are by far the more diverse Party and had the first Black family in the White house...Its about current and future considerations for me. Not a hundred years ago. But voting is a personal thing. I wont be dissuaded from voting thats the opposite of sense.
    The outcome of the last election silenced the people who are described in this thread. It didnt go as they expected and their talking points going forward were nullified. As time goes on some of them will conduct ridiculous mental gymnastics to try to continue to twist things in whatever direction. Facts be dammed. I guess some will do this regardless what happens and no matter how much evidence refutes their nonsensical claims.

This one of the places black people have gone wrong. Racists are in both parties and neither party has black people best interests on their agenda no matter what they are saying their actions shows us differently.

How do you think folks expected it to go and what talking points have been nullified?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    The problem the real honest to ? problem is that alot of Blacks are socially conservative but the GOP is so overtly racist that they can't support them.

i agree.. but how can we laugh at those who voted for Trump sayin they vited against their interest when we've been doin it for generations???

so u dont vote for a candidate cause he doesnt pretend to like u??! but his policies align wit ur philosophy?? and instead vote for the muthafucka who pretends to like u but set policies in place that destroys u??

smart!

I disagree about what your saying about Trump. Dispute what people say the majority of his policies DON'T align with what traditional social conservative policies ? his foreign policy is so far out there it doesn't align with any established party policy.

My main fault that I have for people who voted for Trump was how naive a person can be. A billionaire who has shown he will do anything for more wealth is the champion of the common man. Lol ok

The problem the real honest to ? problem is that alot of Blacks are socially conservative but the GOP is so overtly racist that they can't support them.

this is so true but so hypocritical lol.

How so?

Being a Black Conservative at this moment in western democracies is an oxymoron to me.

Huh? I'm saying that Blacks beliefs and opinion lean more towards being conservative not that they vote that way. I don't think you can really make that argument against that.

i have agreed with you that I believe the majority of African Americans (probably more the 40+ demographic) tends to be more traditionally conservative leaning socially (views) but i just am stating the fact that considering the history and being a minority it is specious.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol @ no discussion of voter suppression in this thread, I guess yall think it's a COINKYDINK that all these southern slave states cut their voter registration offices in black areas and banned early voting hannnnh

They don't want u ? voting.......
    There are a plethora of factors involved in the decrease of the vote in the last election

......one of which was VOTER SUPPRESSION because, again, they don't want u ? at the polls.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Can party platforms not evolve ? or change with time ?

In what ways do you think it has evolved?

If you think Obama's version of the democratic party and Andrew Jackson's party are still one and the same , there is nothing to discuss .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

If you think Obama's version of the democratic party and Andrew Jackson's party are still one and the same , there is nothing to discuss .

Of course they're not the same. But the post you quoted mentioned Lyndon B Johnson..
  • fortyacres
    edited May 2017
    Options

Of course they're not the same. But the post you quoted mentioned Lyndon B Johnson..

he also mentioned Slavery and Jim Crow that were started before LBJ's time
  • NoCompetition
    edited May 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

The outcome of the last election silenced the people who are described in this thread. It didnt go as they expected and their talking points going forward were nullified. As time goes on some of them will conduct ridiculous mental gymnastics to try to continue to twist things in whatever direction. Facts be dammed. I guess some will do this regardless what happens and no matter how much evidence refutes their nonsensical claims.

This one of the places black people have gone wrong. Racists are in both parties and neither party has black people best interests on their agenda no matter what they are saying their actions shows us differently.

How do you think folks expected it to go and what talking points have been nullified?

Well my point was that the Democratic party has many black members. So this would require like some thing where they disavow and stop being black when they join. Like they are immune to those issues somehow. They still live in the same society and face the same issues. See this is where I look at things in realistic terms. I dont expect political perfection nor is it all extremes. There are a lot of other considerations also.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Well my point was that the Democratic party has many black members. So this would require like some thing where they disavow and stop being black when they join. Like they are immune to those issues somehow. They still live in the same society and face the same issues. See this is where I look at things in realistic terms. I dont expect political perfection nor is it all extremes. There are a lot of considerations.

I'm confused with the bold.

You are right there are a lot of considerations that should've been made including voters realistically looking, researching and informing themselves about other people outside of the two major parties candidates(democrat & republican).

We are all different which leads us to view the exact same picture differently. I don't think anybody is or was looking for political perfection but I can't blame somebody for viewing both Clinton and Trump as the ? up candidates that they were and either choose to not vote, vote 3rd party or write-in someone else.

Some people also need to realize that some just want to see this system broken down and totally destroyed and if Trump is the instrument to do it then they are happy with that.

• NoCompetition
    edited May 2017
    Options

Well my point was that the Democratic party has many black members. So this would require like some thing where they disavow and stop being black when they join. Like they are immune to those issues somehow. They still live in the same society and face the same issues. See this is where I look at things in realistic terms. I dont expect political perfection nor is it all extremes. There are a lot of considerations.

You are right there are a lot of considerations that should've been made including voters realistically looking, researching and informing themselves about other people outside of the two major parties candidates(democrat & republican).

We are all different which leads us to view the exact same picture differently. I don't think anybody is or was looking for political perfection but I can't blame somebody for viewing both Clinton and Trump as the ? up candidates that they were and either choose to not vote, vote 3rd party or write-in someone else.

Some people also need to realize that some just want to see this system broken down and totally destroyed and if Trump is the instrument to do it then they are happy with that.

Interesting take. I reached the point where I became a voter. Over time Im accomplishing things and its just evolved like that. I wasnt always in the place im in now. When i didnt vote I wasnt some advocate for not voting because I always saw the unquestionable value and purpose. Not voting is nothing. So when I reached the point, no one was going to dissuade me because there is nothing to dissuade. Something and exercisng a preference vs nothing and giving it away to someone to do with as they choose even to my clear detriment-pretty much everybody would agree this is an easy choice.
    Its funny the concept of conservatism was brought up because I am quite a conservative person. Not politically conservative but I watch my money, am not a big partier, more of a quiet keep focused, do the work type. Patience, etc. Which is a big reason I am now seeing a lot of the successes and where I am now. So due to all that, I am not a "blow it all up" type. But interesting concept and i can see that in some. Some of those types put themselves in that position though too.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The outcome of the last election silenced the people who are described in this thread. ("They are the same, voting doesnt matter", etc. all lies)It didnt go as they expected and their talking points going forward were nullified. As time goes on some of them will conduct ridiculous mental gymnastics to try to continue to twist things in whatever direction. Facts be dammed. I guess some will do this regardless what happens and no matter how much evidence refutes their nonsensical claims. Irrelevant to my personal voting.

LBJ signed the Civil Rights bills and the Voting Rights bill before he signed the bill creating the LEAA. In addition, the bills he signed didn't end discrimination practiced under Jim Crow hence the turbulence of the times.

I used LBJ as an example because his was the administration that won the Black vote both because of and in spite of the bills he signed. The policies inspired by the struggle of blacks that were implemented were not not given exclusively to blacks. Richard Nixon did more to implement the Great Society programs of LBJ than the man himself.

I digressed slightly. The fact is that if the votes of the people mattered Trump wouldn't be in office now. Furthermore, if voting is all you had to do to achieve the needs outlined within your agenda Obama, with an overwhelming majority of the Black vote, would have implemented that agenda but he didn't.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to be real DUMB to still think that Trump is no worse than Obama was/Hillary would have been on these criminal justice issues.

SMH.

A lot of these ? and crackers are dictated by a combination of pride,ego and ignorance, which will not allow them to admit the obvious.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

he also mentioned Slavery and Jim Crow that were started before LBJ's time

True but I assumed we were talking about the modern era Democratic Party?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    elgato wrote: »
    Black people need to realize, you're not hurting white Democrats (they'll be alright). You're hurting yourselves. Latinos are now the coveted group. Black people need to get as much as we can while a party is still interested in our votes. As the Latino population grows, we'll become less and less coveted by the Democratic party and the Republicans damn sure won't give a damn about us.

This is obsolete and backwards. Neither party has done anything for Black people. Wealth is the objective, not voting for a party that's doesn't care about you. Smh, how can y'all not see this?

Because, Black Wealth can only be attained by segregating and concentrating our spending power, knowledge and resources in our own communities. Black folks aint trying to do that because, it screws up their chances of landing a becky or drinking with Chip for that promotion.

While we are doing that another little Mexico, or Havana is springing up some where near you. And that's what politicians are all about. A pay day.

[img]http://cdn2.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Stop-40-Year-Old-? .gif[/img]
    We as Black people already try to make completely black communities ,and every time it came into existence it was burned to the ground and destroyed. I hate when people tend to make it seem we don't know about circling wealth between each other.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Interesting take. I reached the point where I became a voter. Over time Im accomplishing things and its just evolved like that. I wasnt always in the place im in now. When i didnt vote I wasnt some advocate for not voting because I always saw the unquestionable value and purpose. Not voting is nothing. So when I reached the point, no one was going to dissuade me because there is nothing to dissuade. Something and exercisng a preference vs nothing and giving it away to someone to do with as they choose even to my clear detriment-pretty much everybody would agree this is an easy choice.
    Its funny the concept of conservatism was brought up because I am quite a conservative person. Not politically conservative but I watch my money, am not a big partier, more of a quiet keep focused, do the work type. Patience, etc. Which is a big reason I am now seeing a lot of the successes and where I am now. So due to all that, I am not a "blow it all up" type. But interesting concept and i can see that in some. Some of those types put themselves in that position though too.

Voting locally will always be more important that voting for the president.

If you want to vote then vote. You have your reasons just like people who choose not to vote have their reasons. Both can speak those reason to anybody who chooses to listen.

Let me ask you something. Corporations don't have a vote yet congress people always seems to vote laws and pass bills in place that help and benefit corporations over the people who actually go to the polls and vote? Why do you think that is?

Also the Peter Liang case for example. Asians are one of if not the smallest voting bloc in brooklyn. Yet they got a black D.A. to go against the wishes of majority of the people who voted him in office. In how he handled the case and the sentence he recommended to the judge. Why do you think that is?

Out of all the years black people have been able to vote in this country. We still haven't been able to vote our way out of oppression. Why do you think that is?

Out of all the things that have been done to us black people in this country if voting was truly the way for us as black people to change our plight in this country do you really think white people would've GAVE that to black people?

I'm not saying voting doesn't help I'm just of the opinion that its down on the list of things we need to do to change our plight in this country. There are many things we need to first and foremost before we focus on voting.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Black people need to realize, you're not hurting white Democrats (they'll be alright). You're hurting yourselves. Latinos are now the coveted group. Black people need to get as much as we can while a party is still interested in our votes. As the Latino population grows, we'll become less and less coveted by the Democratic party and the Republicans damn sure won't give a damn about us.

This is obsolete and backwards. Neither party has done anything for Black people. Wealth is the objective, not voting for a party that's doesn't care about you. Smh, how can y'all not see this?

Because, Black Wealth can only be attained by segregating and concentrating our spending power, knowledge and resources in our own communities. Black folks aint trying to do that because, it screws up their chances of landing a becky or drinking with Chip for that promotion.

While we are doing that another little Mexico, or Havana is springing up some where near you. And that's what politicians are all about. A pay day.

[img]http://cdn2.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Stop-40-Year-Old-? .gif[/img]
    We as Black people already try to make completely black communities ,and every time it came into existence it was burned to the ground and destroyed. I hate when people tend to make it seem we don't know about circling wealth between each other.

We are talking about right now today. I am fully aware of what we TRIED and many succeeded in doing albeit a short time. We need Black Wall Street today. We need Auburn ave today.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    I'm still having conversations with "know it all dudes" who say it doesn't matter who you vote for as far as the presidency.

According to one dude, Black people were getting killed by cops last year... and Black people are still getting killed by cops this year.

Had to remind the "genius" that now we have an administration trying to pass laws to make it impossible to sue the cops, and that ? the Obama administration enacted is being repealed that affects the police in all states.

Obama created a law to protect race soldiers just like Trump is doing now.

Sshh you ? up the Obeezy narrative

This ? ain't even about Obama because it's not like he did a whole lot to make cops accountable. It could've been ? Sarah Palin as the last president.

But once you're talking about a new MF coming into office trying take away any thing that might help a MF who got they ass kicked by pigs or the family of someone who got killed, or giving pigs "more power", you'd be a ? fool to say it's the same ? .

There's some type of unsensible cognitive dissonance to not realize this type of thing. Or some mental issue to lie to yourself and deny the reality. Or some agenda involved to attempt to lie to others. I dont really care. I became a voter with the last election and if the choice is Dem or Repub Im voting for the best option. Not "trying to prove a point" or some philosophical jargon but in practical terms all things considered. If I think the better option is the Dem to be in office...uh i would rather have them in there.

That's facts. I'm cool with admitting when I'm wrong. These MFs on some other ? .

How dude gonna quote some ? he ain't even read, that I already posted ?

When it gets to a certain point, I gotta just let certain dudes remain ignorant, or like you said - whatever the case is.

I imagine that anybody who cosigns those type of MFs are on the same level of BS / ignorance too.

Something to keep in mind when I see the same dudes speak on other topics... but hold up MF, ain't you the same one who believe in #pizzagate and don't need / want any evidence ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    .....by not coming out to vote for their party nominations.

Black Voters Aren’t Turning Out For The Post-Obama Democratic Party

If that's true, then I don't understand what it accomplishes.

I mean, what's the alternative?

If anything, this past election should've made most of us realize that voting Republican or Independent doesn't make sense.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    ? walking around proud and feeling accomplished Trump won.

I for one love it...it's like watching ur favourite team u love to hate destroy themselves with unforced turnovers. The system as it currently is, is in no way structured to help the impoverished.

They use the minority to prove thoughts on the majority. Such as welfare should be abolished because people abuse it. Well people abuse acohol and drink and drive and ? people.

But with all the people that drink, the murder rate because of that and in relation to that is not the majority of people who drink. But because it does happen, is that evidence to outlaw alcohol.

Are kids findin their parents guns and killing their siblings evidence to abolish the 2nd amendment?

The who thing is one big contradiction. Once people realize that none of this...none.. not any...none of what happens in Washington matters at all. Is when people will start to realize we the people set the standard.

And trump for all his ? ? ...is finally holding a mirror up to America and saying...none of this matters

There's a whole lot of of truth in this post.. Love it or hate it.

when i say it tho these ? lose they ? ..
    they dont wanna hear me. lmmfao

iv been sayin EVEN BEFORE THE ELECTION Trump was needed and for this very reason..
    he's what America deserves..

These ? don't see it that way and it literally hurts their feelings that Trump is in office.

Its not an issue of ? not seeing it that way. It's more so about asking people who already arent in a position to sacrifice to do so even more for 4 or more years for a goal that they wont even see the end of. Thats asking a lot of people and most simply wont do that
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i agree.. but how can we laugh at those who voted for Trump sayin they vited against their interest when we've been doin it for generations???

so u dont vote for a candidate cause he doesnt pretend to like u??! but his policies align wit ur philosophy?? and instead vote for the muthafucka who pretends to like u but set policies in place that destroys u??

smart!

I disagree about what your saying about Trump. Dispute what people say the majority of his policies DON'T align with what traditional social conservative policies ? his foreign policy is so far out there it doesn't align with any established party policy.

My main fault that I have for people who voted for Trump was how naive a person can be. A billionaire who has shown he will do anything for more wealth is the champion of the common man. Lol ok

this is so true but so hypocritical lol.

How so?

Being a Black Conservative at this moment in western democracies is an oxymoron to me.

Huh? I'm saying that Blacks beliefs and opinion lean more towards being conservative not that they vote that way. I don't think you can really make that argument against that.

i have agreed with you that I believe the majority of African Americans (probably more the 40+ demographic) tends to be more traditionally conservative leaning socially (views) but i just am stating the fact that considering the history and being a minority it is specious.

The biggest problem is the fact that most Republicans aren't true conservatives.

If they were, they wouldn't have some of the views that they do.

As a result of those views, it's hard for most black people to take them seriously as conservatives.
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

when have democrats helped black people
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Democratic Party and black folks sure do have a weird relationship. It was bound to be fractured, especially after Obama.

I know people disagree, but I see little difference between the Democrats and the Republicans anyway; they're both destroying this country.

If only the independents came together and people stopped voting two-party (really, one-party) just because.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    ? walking around proud and feeling accomplished Trump won.

I for one love it...it's like watching ur favourite team u love to hate destroy themselves with unforced turnovers. The system as it currently is, is in no way structured to help the impoverished.

They use the minority to prove thoughts on the majority. Such as welfare should be abolished because people abuse it. Well people abuse acohol and drink and drive and ? people.

But with all the people that drink, the murder rate because of that and in relation to that is not the majority of people who drink. But because it does happen, is that evidence to outlaw alcohol.

Are kids findin their parents guns and killing their siblings evidence to abolish the 2nd amendment?

The who thing is one big contradiction. Once people realize that none of this...none.. not any...none of what happens in Washington matters at all. Is when people will start to realize we the people set the standard.

And trump for all his ? ? ...is finally holding a mirror up to America and saying...none of this matters

There's a whole lot of of truth in this post.. Love it or hate it.

when i say it tho these ? lose they ? ..
    they dont wanna hear me. lmmfao

iv been sayin EVEN BEFORE THE ELECTION Trump was needed and for this very reason..
    he's what America deserves..

These ? don't see it that way and it literally hurts their feelings that Trump is in office.

Its not an issue of ? not seeing it that way. It's more so about asking people who already arent in a position to sacrifice to do so even more for 4 or more years for a goal that they wont even see the end of. Thats asking a lot of people and most simply wont do that

I get that point but are they really looking at it that way if they not willing to sacrifice?