Options
13»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    i swear i gotta stay off this site.

yall sounding real hopeless and dont even hear yaselves.

fukk all that forgot where i came from ? ....? im focused on where im going.

my beginnings strengthen my walk to where im going

does your beginnings entrap your mind and strengthen your prison bars?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    where is all the we were kings and queens and Gods talk?

now ? just sounding depressed
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's happening all over
    What's the borough in NY taken over now?
    West dallas too. Minus the murders
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's probably discrimination in that developers are probably quicker to invest in an area when white professionals start moving in. (Usually it starts with a few daring professionals, then developers and others follower, followed by more -- less daring -- professionals.)

But are black professionals moving into these area like that? I could be wrong, but my impression is no.

Hence why I said the question should be: why do so few black people gentrify?

Not sure, but I know you're a ? .
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    There's probably discrimination in that developers are probably quicker to invest in an area when white professionals start moving in. (Usually it starts with a few daring professionals, then developers and others follower, followed by more -- less daring -- professionals.)

But are black professionals moving into these area like that? I could be wrong, but my impression is no.

Hence why I said the question should be: why do so few black people gentrify?

Not sure, but I know you're a ? .

Please explain how what I said is coonish.

Really want to hear this.

Also, it is worth mentioning that no one has disagreed and said that black professionals are actually moving into these areas in significant numbers.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead make a thread about the quickest way to make 100k and lets throw some of these home-buying ideas in there.

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I am not even going to read. White folks are liars and particularly those who are in pursuit of new business opportunities. I believe with all my might that White folks have been and will always be behind the violence in our neighborhoods. With the objective being to devalue Black Neighborhoods to drive down property values which discouraging us from buying in these neighborhoods and keep Blacks constantly moving while Whites walk in and setup stable neighborhoods backed by city and state.

They will keep selling us a narrative to hate ourselves and each other. Instead of encouraging Blacks to own these neighborhoods they encourage us to get out only to go some where else and rent.

Most, if not all, black gangs are affliated in some way with white crime lords. Sad, disturbing, but in the history it seems true. Thus, your statement is valid Kwan. The guns, the drugs, and sometimes the hits made on other gangs are approved of/communicated to those crime lords. I''ll look for more research to back it, but basically it's been going on since the 1950s. Blacks didn't bring guns, ? or heroine into our community. When we collectively tried to get it out of our community we were attacked by the government (Black Panthers). It was never by accident and is documented in FBI files to bring drugs into the black community.
    http://chicagoganghistory.com/mob-influence-modern-gang/
    "In the 1950s when black Policy was rubbed out by Sam Giancana’s men who, in turn, supplied the black community with Heroin which destroyed the community in a devastating way. This breakdown of the black community gave rise to violent street gangs like the Black P Stones, Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords that took the Heroin trade to a whole other level. There could have been a great possibility that the mob would have stayed out of the Policy racket if Chicago continued to support the racket like they did in the 1920s as they told Al Capone to lay off Policy, this time for some reason it slipped through the cracks. Part of the reason is because the Outfit was feeling the heat from law enforcement breathing down their necks after the Hollywood shakedown scandals that put Paul “The Waiter” Ricca behind bars and restricted the Outfit from many of their known money making schemes; therefore, it was time to move in on something new that the government decided to no longer pursue in the early 1940s, black Policy."
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so we gonna act like ? wasnt on this very site giving yall info about how to get houses?

so ? cant get together and form a company, pool resources and buy the very housing yall say yall live around at dirt cheap prices?

so ? dont know about sheriff sales, HUD, get their credit together, buying and flipping or buying and fixing up...none other that?

white people just come taking ? huh?

did ? just not see my ? @Cinco in the business thread?

how many ? yall reach out to for help with this?

i swear.....yall dont get it.

i know alot of black people buying up houses in poor areas....but they holding understanding that they can sell higher than dumping it now.

my homie bought a ? house around a university.....fixed that ? up and rented it for a few years and has interested buyers willing to pay him $300k for it.
    yall mad frustrating....but be the first to call a ? out on some fukk ?

if yall want to say fukk 2stepz ...he full of ? . say it.

but then prove me fukking wrong. there are plenty of ways to get money and roll along with the development vs running away from it. stop allowing these people to have so much power over you.
    govt, racism, corrupt police...yadda yadda.

i get that. what the fukk does that have to do with you buying that rathole around the corner and slowly fixing that ? up? home depot got books on how to fix ? .\

so many ways

so many

all i hear is crying from ? who will throw a fade over a post but wont pick up a fukking hammer

you dont always need $100k

you just need patience and a plan.

fukkkkkkk.

complain while you building
    *kicks over soapbox, shoves closest ? and walks out quiet room*
    ? can get all the reactions you want off this post and I'm not saying what you saying ain't good ? but I'm pretty sure ? ain't in here complaining with their self in mind

It ain't about us who post here or our circle. It's about the whole

You summed it up when you called it a soapbox post cause that's what it is

I hate when ? do this. It ain't all about you. Everybody don't have the mindset, same opportunities, it's about them

And fixing the whole going take a lot more than just a few good ? . ? pointing out what's being done ain't necessarily complaining. 1st step is always information and we can't move anywhere w/o knowing what's being done, why, and then how to fix it

I truly don't understand where you was at with this post other than to be on some condescending ? . Stop talking down to your ppl, criticizing...? been thru it, uplift, inspire

I imagine the way you post is the same way Bill was talking to ?

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    so we gonna act like ? wasnt on this very site giving yall info about how to get houses?

so ? cant get together and form a company, pool resources and buy the very housing yall say yall live around at dirt cheap prices?

so ? dont know about sheriff sales, HUD, get their credit together, buying and flipping or buying and fixing up...none other that?

i know alot of black people buying up houses in poor areas....but they holding understanding that they can sell higher than dumping it now.

my homie bought a ? house around a university.....fixed that ? up and rented it for a few years and has interested buyers willing to pay him $300k for it.

but then prove me fukking wrong. there are plenty of ways to get money and roll along with the development vs running away from it. stop allowing these people to have so much power over you.

i get that. what the fukk does that have to do with you buying that rathole around the corner and slowly fixing that ? up? home depot got books on how to fix ? .\

so many ways

so many

all i hear is crying from ? who will throw a fade over a post but wont pick up a fukking hammer

fukkkkkkk.

? can get all the reactions you want off this post and I'm not saying what you saying ain't good ? but I'm pretty sure ? ain't in here complaining with their self in mind

It ain't about us who post here or our circle. It's about the whole

You summed it up when you called it a soapbox post cause that's what it is

I hate when ? do this. It ain't all about you. Everybody don't have the mindset, same opportunities, it's about them

And fixing the whole going take a lot more than just a few good ? . ? pointing out what's being done ain't necessarily complaining. 1st step is always information and we can't move anywhere w/o knowing what's being done, why, and then how to fix it

I truly don't understand where you was at with this post other than to be on some condescending ? . Stop talking down to your ppl, criticizing...? been thru it, uplift, inspire

I imagine the way you post is the same way Bill was talking to ?

Did this ? ?

Really?

Uplift and inspire?

Talk down?

Smdh

Fukk it.
    You gonna see what you want and translate it how you want.

If negative is what you took.....yea....ok.

So fix the whole before you move?

Ok

Make sure you have a place to to before you attempt?

Ok

Yep

Let me step to the side and allow all these others to inspire. And uplift.

Lawd knows I'm not.

Yep....like bill....

Yep
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so many ways

so many

fukkkkkkk.

Its cool that you givin this type of information. And there are people who understand this and other things. Then there are those who for whatever reason dont want to...who knows. At least peep game. Why does this type of thing make some angry? who knows. Honestly man I just figure this aint the place for too much real game and such. Like on one hand people coming in and driving up property values-doesnt take a genius to see there is actually something good in that on multiple fronts. Like that isnt the worst thing. Progress is going to be made regardless if some people on here wanna accept it or not. At the same time, I get the people getting displaced part too. It can be a ? game.
    But regarding the people you are addressing on here,cant expect them to be other than what they are or want to portray to be.