What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Nas Rips President Trump In Open Letter: "We All Know A Racist Is In Office"

stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://massappeal.com/nas-action-speaks-louder-than-words/
Mass Appeal asked Nas to pen an open letter, and boy, did he have a lot to get off of his chest. The 43-year old hip hop icon opened up about racism in America, politics, Donald Trump and more.

"The only way the black man gets a little piece in America is if he takes the O.J. stance: “I’m not black, I’m O.J.” When you ignore the s*** that’s happening to people you can live in this fantasy, this American fantasy that you belong to… who? You ignore what’s happening, and that gives you peace. Because what’s going on is enough to make people insane.

Some guy lynched in a tree at Piedmont Park in Atlanta, Georgia, and the cops rule it a suicide. Now, don’t get me wrong—suicides happen. There are blacks suffering from mental illness just like whites suffering from mental illness, except that whites who suffer from mental illness and have interactions with the cops, they end up living. Blacks, we get killed. So if you want to sit back and ignore all that, go the O.J. route. Just remember, even he got dealt with at the end of the day.

So where do I stand? I stand just as a man, doing what I have to do. Doing what I was born to do. No one can tell me who I am. No one can tell me where I can go and cannot go.

The Creator put us here to do our thing, so I do my thing. And I don’t pay attention to politics at the moment. For what? There’s no reason. For me, it doesn’t make any sense. We all know a racist is in office. People can talk their sh!t. Comedians can sound racist. People can go through their moments of that sh!t, but when you have the responsibility of being President and you carry on like that, you send a strong message to people outside of your group that they ain’t worth sh!t.

So why would I focus on that unless I’m in the political game? Unless I’m running for office I don’t have to pay attention to know that. If I ever vote again—when it’s time to vote again, and I feel like voting again—I don’t have to follow the news to know who I’m voting against. But then you wind up saying “Who’s the next motherf*cker coming in, and how does that help?
"

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
Chi Snowdnyce215illestni99ainne5th LetterMaywood1CK1SMD_PROPER Kairovageneral08silverfoxxYoung Stefonetoughmiraclechgarcia345nex gingalaxy_1221bootcheese3000

Replies

• KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh...
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
    HundredEyes
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and just when it seemed that he was finally beginning to win for a change.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYsilverfoxxHundredEyes bootcheese3000
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AZTG wrote: »
    Nas is my favorite artist, not just rapper, but he aint say anything of substance in this letter.

Also, hea to old to be writing shit like sh!t. Cmon Nas. You a grown ass man bruh

his pen tapped the paper then his brain blanked.
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Nas my dude, but he needs to stick with putting them shits in bars. It just doesn't sound right outside of the booth.

Hopefully, he'll address this on the new album.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....

giphy.gif
    Yep. It's THAT season again....
    SneakDZAnex gin
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Not sure what some of y'all expected but it sounds like some casual convo shit, not an attempt to out-do a Farrakhan speech.

I don't think he said any coon shit.

Never mind, it was an open letter. I read it like it was just a quote from somewhere.
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His open letter was kind of scatter brained imo. It reminded me of old IC passages from the great Silly-Me.

He goes from OJ being "OJ" to "doing what he's gonna do" to talking about why he doesn't pay attention to politics.
    It was kind of incoherent.

It probably sounded revolutionary to him in his mind while he was high writing it.
    SneakDZADoubleShotHelix
  • FosheezyFosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qawshun wrote: »
    What is the problem with what he wrote ??

i think it's just NaS and his behind-the-curve commentary on stuff like this. It's like he doesn't say anything new on the subject. lol

SneakDZA
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qawshun wrote: »
    What is the problem with what he wrote ??
    Nothing but it came off as real elementary the first two paragraphs were ok..then he fell apart Only thing I can criticize is how he failed to articulate Oj... because he did that shit himself

• TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    *disregards this open letter and plays Sly Fox*
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    chgarcia345
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Should just stick to bars Put it in a rap
  • KairoKairo Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    He was asked to do this so it's not like he had fire on deck to put on paper. It wasn't as poignant as you might hope but Nas is a musician not a political analyst so what do yall expect?
    Young Stefonetoughmiraclednyce215Chi Snow
    Kairo wrote: »
    He was asked to do this so it's not like he had fire on deck to put on paper. It wasn't as poignant as you might hope but Nas is a musician not a political analyst so what do yall expect?

Contary to popular belief you dont have to be a "political analyst" too offer coherent, substantive well thought out statements.
    Young StefVulcanRavenDoubleShotHelixChi Snow
  • KairoKairo Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭

Contary to popular belief you dont have to be a "political analyst" too offer coherent, substantive well thought out statements.

So how should he have broached the subject?

So how should he have broached the subject?

Could have expounded on the OJ shit and cleaned it up talking about being a go along get along ass negro.. Isnt an escape from reality. He also could have been responsible and more aware of the political reality of Black people in America.. To be dormant and unmoving as a Black man/woman in America is a dummy move. I see that far to often form people whom i would even call are or educated.. Politics has had a hand in our lives more keenly than anyone.. throughout this American history.. i think its painfully obvious so i wont list the man ways politics directly affects and has affected our existence here in America... So yeah.. a lil something like that.
    Young Stef