COUNTDOWN TO IMPEACHMENT...

Options

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only two presidents have been impeached in United States history, and neither was convicted of the charges filed against him. No president has been convicted of the charges filed against him during impeachment proceedings.

And aside from conviction on impeachment charges, there is no mechanism set forth in the U.S. Constitution that allows for the removal of a failing president. Impeachment is used against a president only when there is evidence of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

He won't be impeached or if he is, won't be charged or removed.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Finish term with successful rug sweeping
    If the Rock is the nominee of any major party im leaving the US never to ? return.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I won't be surprised if he wins a second term, probably win it against the rock

The Rock would get republican & democrat votes.

I thinks Trump is losing not matter who hes up against in 2020

Cosign, I been saying the same since he won, unless hes running against hillary again hes gonna lose(if he makes it)the anti trump hate is strong as ? and i gurantee all those "ima sit this one out" or "they both the same" ppl wont do that ? again, and i agree wit you that also the rock would get lots of votes on both sides, ? id vote for him, but then again id vote for a ? on this forum over trump
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh you Can't even publically say you're with Trump without someone taking offense

It's worse than Bush Jr

Matter of fact, I would take Bush Jr again way before Donald
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They spray painting ? TRUMP on mailboxes n bus stops in the hood lol
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Impeachment after year 3
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Some Considerations:

1) You need a simple house majority to indict, 67 senators to convict

2) Most elected Republicans are looking at Pence rn like your dog looks at food on the table

3) Nixon resigned when they told him the votes weren't there for him in the Senate

4) By several accounts, the NSA & FBI are straight out for Trump's blood at this point

My calculation for voting Year 3 is that Trump might overreact to a bad mid-term and swing hard to the middle like Ahnold did in California, thus killing conservative base support and leaving him as a man without a country, like Ahnold. He'd be easy pickings then.
    fortyacres wrote: »
    He wont get impeached , the criteria for presidential impeachment is too vague and at the discretion of congress.

but if the Democrats win a super majority in 2018 in both houses then its a wrap and i think they will do it out of spite even if he is a successful president.

That would be some real ? ? we've unfortunately come to expect from this political system

Oh boo hoo they impeached Clinton over a side ? , ? PLEASE. Why should any country tolerate a alzheimers ? president with shady connections to a hostile foreign power? This dude can't even string a coherent sentence together or tweet without nodding off anymore. Removing him would be the political system exercising common sense, not "real ? ? "

? ? is ? ? no matter which side it comes from.

Pfft. You sound like one of guys that kept encouraging Obama to "reach across the aisle" lol
    Some Considerations:

2) Most elected Republicans are looking at Pence rn like your dog looks at food on the table

3) Nixon resigned when they told him the votes weren't there for him in the Senate

4) By several accounts, the NSA & FBI are straight out for Trump's blood at this point

My calculation for voting Year 3 is that Trump might overreact to a bad mid-term and swing hard to the middle like Ahnold did in California, thus killing conservative base support and leaving him as a man without a country, like Ahnold. He'd be easy pickings then.
    He wont get impeached , the criteria for presidential impeachment is too vague and at the discretion of congress.

but if the Democrats win a super majority in 2018 in both houses then its a wrap and i think they will do it out of spite even if he is a successful president.

That would be some real ? ? we've unfortunately come to expect from this political system

Oh boo hoo they impeached Clinton over a side ? , ? PLEASE. Why should any country tolerate a alzheimers ? president with shady connections to a hostile foreign power? This dude can't even string a coherent sentence together or tweet without nodding off anymore. Removing him would be the political system exercising common sense, not "real ? ? "

I don't disagree with any of this, but what I don't see if why you voted after year 3 instead of after year two.

..........oh. Whoops.

Lol yeah I ? that up. During Year 3, after Year 2.
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Impeachment?? If Trump kills foodstamps I know some white people that are gonna at his orange looking ass!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I won't be surprised if he wins a second term, probably win it against the rock

The Rock would get republican & democrat votes.

I thinks Trump is losing not matter who hes up against in 2020

Ummm...they said the same in 2016...now we here.

I've lost all faith in the American people voting for their best interest and what's right for the country.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He survives his first term.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wanna get my hopes up and I never put any faith in white ppl.

But if the Dems win majority of seats in 2018. And if the Russia investigation is completed and the results are real bad. and his overall daily ? ups keep happening. Anything is possible. But nothing until 2018 imo
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    If trump is impeached pence would be a lame duck prez
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    But with comey going to testify to congress about trump trying to end the investigation. Trump days are numbered
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You crazy B. Pence is the president the Rep wanted. If he becomes president minorities minus well take up arms

Check what he did in Indiana
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    You crazy B. Pence is the president the Rep wanted. If he becomes president minorities minus well take up arms

Check what he did in Indiana

What he do..(4 the lazy ? ..)
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Pence the devil.

But like it's been said that's who the Rep want but they knew he would've neve won the office as the headliner so they put him under Trump now it's just a waiting game
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bruh you Can't even publically say you're with Trump without someone taking offense

It's worse than Bush Jr

Matter of fact, I would take Bush Jr again way before Donald

That's how serious ? is that a good amount of folks good with GDub now lol like man you wasn't so bad after all
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Impeachment after year 3
    He's old as ? , eats bad and never excercises. Just keep stressing him out and making him mad until he has a heart attack should be the Dems strategy.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as the Republicans keep the majority in both sides Congress he isn't going anywhere.

The Democrats need to get younger and start pushing candidates under 55 years old. They're the future of the party.

As great as she was as a speaker archtypical Democrats like Nancy Pelosi for example turn a lot of people off on the right just like Trump turns people off on the left.

You got to get politicians with silver tongues that appeal to those white college age millennials as well as some of those uneducated blue color working class Whites because those are the ones who put a Trump type in office. I detest what they stand for you need a few of those votes though.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some Considerations:

? ? is ? ? no matter which side it comes from.

Pfft. You sound like one of guys that kept encouraging Obama to "reach across the aisle" lol

LLS at the thoughts of this anything ass ? .

You really ? about Trump playing with peoples lives with the ? he doing.

But if the democrats win the majority you advocating for them to do ? to republicans out of spite.

Some you ? is ? for real

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I'd bet that he steps down before impeachment or any effort made to actually get him tfo
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not holding my breath
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Impeachment after year 1
    Nah, don't compare him to the greatest animated duck of all time. That's disrespect to DD.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Nah, don't compare him to the greatest animated duck of all time. That's disrespect to DD.

That is disrespect to Donald Duck but the GOAT animated duck is Daffy Duck!