4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ima cop the physical

Same. I have a physical of every Jay album so it's a given.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Gawd damn ? throwing a fit over the Tidal exclusive I'm not a fan of it as I've said but it's not that serious when ? drop ? as a Apple exclusive ? don't make a peep.... Let that man try and group his platform

Yo bruh. ? Tidal and Apple. How bout that.

Agreed. Physical, mp3, m4a, flac, etc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> streaming

What the ? is flac?

Basically an almost lossless format.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Gawd damn ? throwing a fit over the Tidal exclusive I'm not a fan of it as I've said but it's not that serious when ? drop ? as a Apple exclusive ? don't make a peep.... Let that man try and group his platform

going to a store,being able to hold it in hand, see what the Cd design looks like and read the booklet etc>>>>>>>>>

Agreed but you can't play a CD on your phone...

Also, I was a strong advocate for the digital booklets that come with some digital albums. Shame that they barely make em anymore.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    That shot he threw at Kanye on Moonlight is so vicious to me

Which one?

Some of the words are off but

1z9rivhhkib2.png

And this one here

dhu8szwbo626.png

You reaching something serious fam

? the same chics....
    Walking round like y all made Thriller

IMO that's bout Ye

The thing bout pawning ? and running off w ur masters to me is a warning bout the Kardashians

What same women have Jay and Ye messed with? That ? is about ? in general who are sharing the same 4 girls and beefing over them ? Ameber Rose on what her 3rd or 4th rapper already...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

going to a store,being able to hold it in hand, see what the Cd design looks like and read the booklet etc>>>>>>>>>

Agreed but you can't play a CD on your phone...

Also, I was a strong advocate for the digital booklets that come with some digital albums. Shame that they barely make em anymore.

U rip the cd to your comp, transfer to your phone. 2 birds in 1 stone.

Bruh... We already covered that.

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album of the year.

? is amazing.

Jay and NO ID is my favorite iteration of adult Jay Z.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Also that four bar loop quote had a ? feelin bad as ? lol :bawling:

TPAB was an album I struggled to find a four bar loop on. Production was immaculate. There was always a slightly different baseline, a horn run, a key riff, something to keep variety.

Lol, I dabble in production, hence why I said that. But I agree wholeheartedly. The musicality is one of my favorite things about TPAB. I still don't see why it's so hated...

TPAB isnt hated...its just a heavy ass album to listen to and nobody is in that mood all the time to unpack that much from the music they listen to. Its not a bad album, its an extremely good to great album but aint nobody in the mood to decipher ? or hear Kendrick suicidal thoughts all the time.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TPAB was an album I struggled to find a four bar loop on. Production was immaculate. There was always a slightly different baseline, a horn run, a key riff, something to keep variety.

Lol, I dabble in production, hence why I said that. But I agree wholeheartedly. The musicality is one of my favorite things about TPAB. I still don't see why it's so hated...

IMO, is not hated. I get the sense that it was "too heavy" for some folks.
  • blackrain
    edited July 2017
    Options

because it had depth.

TPAB is one of those albums ? wont appreciate until years from now

that album was medicine something ? needed to hear at that point and time

That was more of a rhetorical statement than anything. Let me put it like this, it still baffles the living ? out me how a lot of us blantantly shun substance and/or intellect.

Comments like this are why people are starting to say Kendrick fans are reaching Lupe stan level of being pretentious prices on some I'm smarter than you ? . It aint about shunning substance. The album was universally lauded. "Alright" became a song people chanted as they marched in the streets....but damn nobody wants something that heavy every time you cut on the album. DAMN has substance and intellect and it's heralded too...its also just plain and simple more fun to listen to
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Damn Nas and Jay will always be compared to each other forever.

They can only be truly compared to each other n no-one else alive in the game today if You think about it. Dudes have had somewhat parallel careers
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Wouldn't that mean it would be more appreciated when it came out instead of years later
  • natural born sinners
    Options

This ? here bought cds in the 90s
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

because it had depth.

That was more of a rhetorical statement than anything. Let me put it like this, it still baffles the living ? out me how a lot of us blantantly shun substance and/or intellect.

Comments like this are why people are starting to say Kendrick fans are reaching Lupe stan level of being pretentious prices on some I'm smarter than you ? . It aint about shunning substance. The album was universally lauded. "Alright" became a song people chanted as they marched in the streets....but damn nobody wants something that heavy every time you cut on the album. DAMN has substancr and intetllect and it's heralded too...its also just plain and simple more fun to listen to

So you just gonna pretend that a lot of the ? that don't ? with tha album like that aren't the same people whose go to line is: it don't bang in da whip, ? ain't twerkin to Kendrick, etc?

Ok.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because it's wack
  • natural born sinners
    Options

They can only be truly compared to each other n no-one else alive in the game today if You think about it. Dudes have had somewhat parallel careers

Think about iy

*both struggled to get a record deal early on

*both were cosigned by legends from their eras (nas-rakim, jay-Big Daddy Kane)

*both put out classic debut albums

*both were considered the best rapper in NY at one point

*Both married R&B singers

*Both put out great and really bad albums that made people think they were washed and returned to drop great critically acclaimed material

*both worked closely w Steve stoute
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Because it's wack

rjdxpj4cor96.gif
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Think about iy

*both struggled to get a record deal early on

*both were cosigned by legends from their eras (nas-rakim, jay-Big Daddy Kane)

*both put out classic debut albums

*both were considered the best rapper in NY at one point

*Both married R&B singers

*Both put out great and really bad albums that made people think they were washed and returned to drop great critically acclaimed material

*both worked closely w Steve stoute

Then of course were part of what is considered to most as the greatest lyrical rap battle in rap history
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    Glad to see hov bounce back from MCHG, but he had plenty of ammo and topics to expand on since the lemonade album, its his second best album post retirement. Imo he his subliminal game is the best, he took kanye's mentor, made an whole album and still insulted him, That Future line was well executed, the messages of building your own wealth and being there for his kids without sounding preachy, i salute him. No Classic but definitely 4 1/2 mics. Will be coppin the physical, supposedly its got more tracks