The Process Is Done - Now, let's see Results! (The Sixers official thread)

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    0-3

Raptors - 128, Sixers - 94.

Didn't think they would win, but I didn't expect them to get straight-up mashed from start to finish.

Jah has officially checked out. And I really can't blame him. He should've been traded, and now he's stuck on a team he never wanted to be on, that clearly doesn't want him there. The Process has its casualties, I guess.

Fultz look REAL shaky out here. No rhythm, no confidence, looking like he still in college. Ben is a VERY bright spot. Dude got the game, no denying it. I can see it'll be down to him, Lonzo, and Tatum for ROY.

Next up: Monday @ Detroit.
  • Mister B.
    Options
    1-3.

Sixers - 97, Pistons - 86.

Ben & Joel out here KILLIN. Ben with the triple-dub (21/12/10) and Joel with 30 & 9 boards. Now, if we can get Dario involved and get some swag in Fultz.....

Next up: Wednesday vs. Houston
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fultz needs to start playing like the guy we seen at Washington. Either shut it down now and get healthy or play harder. Every time he goes to the rim it looks soft he lacks explosiveness and can't shoot right now. Oakafor I feel bad for he dedicathis off-season to become a vegan, got slim and still can't beat out Amir Johnson. They just ? his confedence and trade value more and more.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The agent for Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz changed his explanation Tuesday night on the treatment the No. 1 overall pick has received on his right shoulder, revising his earlier statement that fluid was drained from it during the preseason.

"He had a cortisone shot on Oct. 5, which means fluid was put into his shoulder -- not taken out," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN on Tuesday night. "My intention earlier was to let people know that he's been experiencing discomfort. We will continue to work with (Sixers general manager) Bryan Colangelo and the medical staff."
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    Fultz needs to start playing like the guy we seen at Washington. Either shut it down now and get healthy or play harder. Every time he goes to the rim it looks soft he lacks explosiveness and can't shoot right now. Oakafor I feel bad for he dedicathis off-season to become a vegan, got slim and still can't beat out Amir Johnson. They just ? his confedence and trade value more and more.

This isn’t Long Beach State or Cal Poly, it’s the big leagues, he’s going to take years to develop and now that his confidence is shot even longer, Celtics seen right through him, thanks for the rookie of the year and another lotto pick
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but where is the problem coming from? labrum, rotator cuff, collar bone? they have never said where it's coming from. he shouldn't play until its 100%.
  • Mister B.
    Options
    1-4.

Rockets - 105, Sixers - 104.

That's what happens to young teams. They get their hearts broken when they can't close out games.

Now that I've actually had a chance to watch a game this season, I'm just gonna comment what I see on players.

Joel - Yeah, I know. He's got all the potential in the world. But two things with his game bother the ? outta me right now.
    1) He REALLY needs to work on his dribbling in the post. I saw him turn it over at least three times five feet away from the rim. I hope he has Hakeem's number on speed dial, cause he need to holla at that man next summer.
    2) Dude is a kamikaze down there. And that's not always good, especially with the kit gloves management has put on him. I respect the effort, but that knee is a bad landing away from being torn out.

Ben - For all his court vision, he has very little to ZERO confidence in his shot. He should've posted Gordon up on his last offensive possession and shot over him. I suspect that will get better with time, but how long will that take. A year? Two?

RoCo - Dude shoots 3s WAY too much for me. I know; he's the Sixers best perimeter player.....I think, but 4/12 from 3 doesn't help out.

JJ - Nothing much to really say. That's his game. He'll make most of 'em.

TJ - Still scrappy; still a fresh jolt of energy off the bench. I wouldn't mind running him and Ben in the backcourt at the end of games for awhile.

Dario - As I said before, why is he not getting minutes? Shots? ONE FG attempt this game?? I don't necessarily put that on him, but that ? is scust.

Amir - .............when the ? is Holmes coming back? This dude is nothing more than a salary cap write-off at this point. They need to never run post plays for him ever again.

Anderson - He needs to learn to stop leaving his feet, B. Gordon burned his TWICE on 3 pointers with that ? .

And yet Jah STILL doesn't play. I'm legit angry at Brett or the front office for doing this ? . This is horseshit at this point.

Next up, Saturday @ Dallas. They HAVE to win that game. I know we're "still figuring things out", but 1-4 is a high enough climb. 1-5 means we won't reach .500 probably till the break....if at all.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    Brett Brown called a terrible game, and yeah with embiid all he has to do is post up and take the fade away jumper that ? is damn near automatic.
  • Mister B.
    edited October 2017
    Options
    At least I'll have some new ? to rock this season....that jawn fresh!

1q1dh6egfvos.jpg
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Just had to throw in that last tweet
  • Mister B.
    edited October 2017
    Options
    2-4.

Sixers - 112, Mavericks - 110.

Once again, Joel & Ben lead the way. Since Joel's X-ray for his hand came back negative, he should play Monday, right? Right??? We'll see how Brett plays this.

We have WAY too many SGs on the roster. JJ, TLC, Anderson, Stauskis, even Bayless to a certain extent. Any way we can trade Stauskis and/or Bayless in a package deal with Jahlil?

Someone needs to remind Dario that his shot works better if he starts INSIDE, then work his way outside. 7 of his 12 FGAs were from 3-point territory. Did I mention how much I hate the way the Assoication has shifted to a shooter's league now? Even Joel is chuckin up like 5 3s a game. No es bueno.

Next up: Monday @ Houston. Payback, maybe?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    At least I'll have some new ? to rock this season....that jawn fresh!

1q1dh6egfvos.jpg

Got mines a month ago. So fresh and so clean.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    I didn't even know embiid had his hand x-rayed. probably from that fall on harden.

if fultz can get right by January and be the legit 3rd option this team IS a playoff contender. we need a mid range scorer that can get his own shot. that's what fultz was at Washington.
  • TheBossman
    Options
  • TheBossman
    Options
    great win, nice to see them respond and show poise under pressure.

t.j. balling, Ben balling, embiid balling ( besides the dribble driving).
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    3-4.

Sixers - 115, Rockets - 107.

Glad to see we're learning. And that Ben and Joel are making their All-Star cases early. And that Amir Johnson's carcass still has a piece of game left in it. If only Dario can join us now.

Next up: Wednesday vs. Atlanta. Let's finally get a home W, and back to .500.

gr_no._13.gif
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    4-4.

Sixers - 119, Hawks - 109.

Finally at .500. Finally, a home win. First time in four years we've been at this mark more than 2 games into the season. First three game winning streak in almost two years.

Small gains, but TRUST THE PROCESS. Joel with career-highs in minutes. They look solid out there. C'mon Dario, catch up! Now that we know Jah is gone, you gotta pick up the slack. Nice game, Cov. He's really becoming the best wing player player Philly has. This team has great ball movement on O, some times too great where they pass up open shots.

Ben Simmons.....19, 13, and 9. This is some special ? we're watching.

Up next: Friday vs. Indiana.

gr_no._13_0.gif
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5-4.

Sixers - 121, Pacers - 110.

Wow! What a good game that was. Even with Joel's mental lapses with the dumb fouls (that flagrant was especially stupid) and missed dunks, they found a way to beat a tough Pacers team. That was a character-building win. Their D stepped up in the end to close out, and JJ Redick (who shall be renamed 23Ms - thanks @Nah Son) was throwing up FLAMES out there. Not to mention Ben got his 2nd career triple-double.

Welcome back Richaun Holmes. Amir's minutes will be yours in no time. Even Dario had a great start, finishing with 15 points. Looks like Coach Brett got the young boys believing in themselves.

This is a different Sixers team, and we're starting to see some of the potential finally come out. Now, they got a five game West Coast trip. Let's see how they act.

Next up: Tuesday @ Utah.

yz6s1q0amwtg.gif
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Philly and Boston are on a collision course for that east throne, I would like to get it started this year in a first or second round matchup, ? even the ecf isn’t out of the realms, it will be Boston or Bron coming out the east this year but Boston and Philly are about to revive that historic rivalry and will be battling it out for years to come
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DN91rL2VAAAM6P3.jpg
    "Load management"? Muthafuckas ain't played since last Friday.

shaq-face.jpg
  • TheBossman
    Options
    yeah that's ? . so Tuesday's game its looking like a tough one. i hope Holmes starts.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    with the bledsoe deal done.

would you trade jabari parker for Dario straight up?

parker gives you what you need Dario to do, shoot, rebound and hold down the position with roco and embiid defensively.
  • Mister B.
    Options
    I mean....the Sixers have invested like three years in Dario. He's not a bad player. He just needs to learn to work from the inside out.

But if Jabari Parker came along and can provide more of a mid-range threat, I wouldn't turn it away. It's at least worth a listen.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would trade Dario for Parker. Because Parker has a better perimeter game. I don't like Dario at the perimeter he's a beast from the baseline and has good low post moves. He is shooting way to many 3's. But if we got Parker in definitely drafting a stretch 4 first round next year because he is injury prone.