Rick and Morty Season 3 Cancellation Possible..Last 13 Episodes Reportedly Airing In July

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
16OR0_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg

Rick and Morty’ Season 3 Cancellation Possible Amid Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland’s ‘Bad Blood’? Last 13 Episodes Reportedly Airing In July 2017

Adult Swim surprised fans when it aired the first episode of series' third installment. However, new reports are claiming that "Rick and Morty" Season 3 could possibly face cancellation after co-creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland had been reportedly been fighting.

Blasting News shared that Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland are currently not in good terms as they were reportedly having arguments with regards to the future of the show. Prior to "Rick and Morty" Season 3, the co-creators of the popular Adult Swim series had been working well together.

However, according to the news outlet, everything has changed when Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland started working on the "Rick and Morty" Season 3. Sources have claimed that the co-creators' inability to get along with each other had affected the show, which later resulted in the handful delays of the series.

Because of this rumored bad blood between Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland, some fans are speculating that "Rick and Morty" Season 3 could possibly be cancelled soon. While these reports could hold some truths, it should be noted that Adult Swim has yet to confirm these claims; besides, more episodes are coming in July 2017.

As a matter of fact, Korea Portal had previously reported that the last 13 episodes of "Rick and Morty" Season 3 will be aired this summer. Episode 2 spoilers have even claimed that Rick would be able to escape from the Galactic Federation Prison.

Morty would also be reminded by Rick that he would be heading the family now after Beth and Jerry decided to split. Other "Rick and Morty" Season 3 theories suggest that Summer would be kidnap in one of the imminent episodes and Morty will be forced ask the help of Morty to redeem her from serious danger.

Titled as "Rickmancing the Stone," the up and coming second episode of "Rick and Morty" Season 3 is set to premiere next month. Stay tuned to Korea Portal for more "Rick and Morty" Season 3 spoilers, news and updates!

So is "Rick and Morty" really facing cancellation due to the creators not getting along? Or is this all just a ploy to get fans even more anxious about the return of the Adult Swim series? Either way, fans are waiting for their fix of this animated favorite so hopefully, we'll find out more soon.

We could be being trolled..but it does seem like a long delay

either way we better have an entire episode dedicated to the greatest TV character of all time Mr. Poopybutthole

VFpyU.png

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would suck very very much. I hope it isnt true.

Im a huge fan of Dan Harmon, but almost everything he's worked on has always had some sort of controversy. He was kicked off Sarah Silverman program for fighting with Sarah and other writers. When he made community he was fired by NBC, but amazingly hired back for Season 5 (after a very obvious drop in quality from season 4) and now this.

If anyone has time, check out the "Harmontown" documentary. It follows Harmon after his firing from NBC on Community and he kind of details all the problems hes had in the business.

He's done interviews talking about why Rick and Morty was delayed and mentioned that him and Justin were fighting, but he said it so casually and jokingly that it didnt seem too serious. I know he's not an easy guy to work with though. Hope they can get their ? together because Rick and Morty should be on South Park and Family Guy status. I already like it more than those shows and i ? love those shows.
  • Lou Cypher
    Everything Harmon does is golden in the beginning, but hes super self destructive and it doesnt last very long before problems arise.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Everything Harmon does is golden in the beginning, but hes super self destructive and it doesnt last very long before problems arise.

True.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im a huge fan of Dan Harmon, but almost everything he's worked on has always had some sort of controversy. He was kicked off Sarah Silverman program for fighting with Sarah and other writers. When he made community he was fired by NBC, but amazingly hired back for Season 5 (after a very obvious drop in quality from season 4) and now this.

If anyone has time, check out the "Harmontown" documentary. It follows Harmon after his firing from NBC on Community and he kind of details all the problems hes had in the business.

He's done interviews talking about why Rick and Morty was delayed and mentioned that him and Justin were fighting, but he said it so casually and jokingly that it didnt seem too serious. I know he's not an easy guy to work with though. Hope they can get their ? together because Rick and Morty should be on South Park and Family Guy status. I already like it more than those shows and i ? love those shows.

Yea, this seems like Community all over again... ima checkout Harmontown, is that on the tube?
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Worst entertainment news ive heard in a while if it's true. Harmon always seems to eventually but heads with other talent. Idk much about Roilands work ethic but he seems like he could be a bit of a loose cannon too. Crazy makes great art sometimes but at the end of the day it's a business and if their relationship is hurting the final product then its time to call it quits. Man I was hoping we'd get atleast 6 seasons out of this show. Personally, I think Harmon could walk and Roiland could do it with the other writers.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    ^^No I hate when artist let other people take over they ? , they better off making they own show.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to put the gloves on and box it out and get back to work. Damn ego tripping for nothing.
  • Lou Cypher
    BenjaminE wrote: »

Yea, this seems like Community all over again... ima checkout Harmontown, is that on the tube?

It should be on netflix if ya got that. Possibly it's on youtube. He has a podcast called harmontown as well so make sure you find the documentary.
  • Lou Cypher
    Harmon did a twitter post saying these rumors are overexaggerated and him and roiland are fine. He said the main struggle has been writing and making sure it's better than the first 2 seasons
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Meester wrote: »
    ^^No I hate when artist let other people take over they ? , they better off making they own show.

Not talking about anyone taking over anything, just saying they don't need Harmon.
  • Lou Cypher
    I think they need harmon. This show has harmons writing all over it. He's a huge reason why it's so funny.

When harmon was fired from community and they let new showrunners in there was a huge noticeable drop in quality. Even the actors weren't feeling it.

They got renewed and hired harmon back in season 5 and even though there were some cast changes and a lower budget, they were able to produce another great season of the show with some amazing episodes. They were back on track even though some of the cast were moving on to bigger things.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    worst news I've heard in a minute...hope they get past this, Rick and Morty's easily one of my faves rn
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll find out what's happening Thursday night
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got a release date!

July 26th!

Rejoice!
  • Lou Cypher
    Holly Lou Yeah!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    What a time to be alive
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/rick-and-morty-season-3-dan-harmon-adult-swim-1202477752/

Get these ducktales outta here.

100 years Rick & Morty ?

Season was delayed cuz they were makin sure that the Blue ? was still 99%+, cookin up DAT ?
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If season 3 anywhere close to the first 2, rick and morty going in my Mount Rushmore with the wire, breaking bad and sopranos