Plant based diets, yay or nay?

Options
Lurkristocrat
Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy

Flirting with the idea of giving up meat completely and been lookin at a plant based diet. Ive been contemplating stopping eating meat for a while and after watching the documentary "What the health" im even more motivated to stop. Also weirdo ? ? chickens and splitting them in half didnt help either.

Are yall for the movement or yall like "? it" we all gon die one day ? ?

Im just in day 2 of no meats (including fish) but not trying to become all sickly looking in the process. Any experienced plant based dieters here? How has it been? Do you feel a difference?
What is some good non meat alternatives? Etc.

Lets talk about it

Plant based diets, yay or nay? 34 votes

Yay
29%
Africa Unitedtraestarspit_fiyanirvanaaaWill Munnycaddo manTHIRDSUPREMENoCompetitionHerbalVaporCapersBig Kola 10 votes
Nay
70%
yellowtapesportleftcoastkevaneed123jonoStewvageneral08CapitalBMr.LVMasteryBobOblahShizlanskyTheBoyRoOlorun22Lou CypherBetaCashmoneyDux_Jay_King_MOEbraLUClENMARIO_DRO 24 votes

Comments

• Lurkristocrat
    Options
    The doc was good but it was very vegan bias so im a bit skep-ti-cal (lux voice)
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Humans ARE NOT herbivores

Idk, They made a case for humans infact being herbivores, bringing up our jaw structure and the fact animals such as gorillas and elephants where strong jus off leaves alone.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay

Real Talk. Our brains are as developed as they are because of our diet.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay
    My brother just made that jump. He was on the phone with me for damn near talking about that ? .

I dont eat alot of meat anyway. I have gone days without eating a meat of any kind. I feel light and energize. But I feel the same way after I eat grilled fish and vegetables.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3rd option ?

nah that would be hard to do straight up i mean there are times where i dont eat meat just, cuz the way it works out .. but making a conscious decsion to not eat chicken/fish or whatever.. nah
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay
    Damn better make sure you get your protein..
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay
    Chicken fish and Turkey... can't give it up
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flirting with the idea of giving up meat completely and been lookin at a plant based diet. Ive been contemplating stopping eating meat for a while and after watching the documentary "What the health" im even more motivated to stop. Also weirdo ? ? chickens and splitting them in half didnt help either.

Are yall for the movement or yall like "? it" we all gon die one day ? ?

Im just in day 2 of no meats (including fish) but not trying to become all sickly looking in the process. Any experienced plant based dieters here? How has it been? Do you feel a difference?
    What is some good non meat alternatives? Etc.

Lets talk about it

Quorn faux chicken products are good. It's Mycoprotein, so basically mushrooms. Great texture and taste. Much better than most soy products.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Research, research, research. A lot of people jump into a way of eating straight away not fully* understanding what it means, how you're suppose to keep your self healthy and can be overwhelming because its 3 new meals a day. Paleo diet a lot of people develop salt issues and other deficiencies, keto diet some people ? over their gallbladder cramming 120 grams of fat now into the diet when their body isn't practiced in utilizing all those fats. Research, know what you're getting into, this is your health and life you're playing with. It's not easy peasy BAM!
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    This is the thing I hate about vegetarians. Why are you trying to eat ? that taste like meat?

As someone that lived the life for a few months, "tastes like meat" is an untrue statement. For most dishes including a meat, its the seasoning and the way it was prepared that you taste/crave more than the meat.

You ever had a chicken breast or hamburger with no seasoning? Disgusting.

I quit because i was losing too much weight and people thought i was sick. A veggie based diet,jogging and calisthenics I got down to 152. I never felt better.

I do fish and chicken now.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Nay
    Thank the Lord for my metabolism. Chicken, fish, pork, beef diet FTW!
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Lurk in a year

korim1l8fwda.jpg

Lmaoooooo
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ? .

Lmao I called him a ? too!

giphy.gif

nh
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    This is the thing I hate about vegetarians. Why are you trying to eat ? that taste like meat?

As someone that lived the life for a few months, "tastes like meat" is an untrue statement. For most dishes including a meat, its the seasoning and the way it was prepared that you taste/crave more than the meat.

You ever had a chicken breast or hamburger with no seasoning? Disgusting.

I quit because i was losing too much weight and people thought i was sick. A veggie based diet,jogging and calisthenics I got down to 152. I never felt better.

I do fish and chicken now.

? thought u had that die slow lmao
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Aye, so ? glossing over the fact ? ? chickens in the ass and throwing them over bridges like a big line tho huh?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay
    blacktux wrote: »
    I quit because i was losing too much weight and people thought i was sick
    Mastery wrote: »
    Lurk in a year

korim1l8fwda.jpg

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay

Ya know what i thought was why do we have to cook it? Like true carnivores eat meat raw. We're the only ones that have to cook it. A lot of it goes back to Europeans living in areas that didnt have the same resources as their African ancestors and meat became more of a focus. But in our natural forms I think we probably are herbivores. Humans just found a way to be able to eat meat. But its not necessarily good for us and poisons us. It has a few maybe benefits too. Preferably yeah I try to cut down meat as much as possible. I cut out beef completely. and shellfish for the most part and it feels good to have those vegetarian times. I think its more a process getting to a point.