Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Kai wrote: »
    now y'all know what i say about ugly and/or fat ? commenting on women's looks like anyone is beating their door down to be with them, they are delusional

his ugly ass better thank the lord any woman would voluntarily be within 10 feet of him, looking like a must ass roach with gold teeth

like he is repulsive to look at, makes me retch

what's really telling is he said "i don't like my complexion," self-hate is a real sickness

But he rich so it don't matter word to jayz

Yeah, the fact that so many women are in their feelings over this makes them look almost as bad as he does for saying it.

If dude didn't have money, they wouldn't care either way.

You don't have to be in your feelings to address someone's ignorance.

I've called lots of ? ass ? ? too. It takes no feelings or effort to do so.

3reboronkooz.gif

Welcome back @Westie .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Y'all can't be that dam slow....

Having black skin is genetics just like being tall or fat but a whole population of people have not been HISTORICALLY punished for being tall short or fat but yes a whole population has been ? and robbed For just being black....

That is why it sounds ok to say you prefer small or big woman versus white or black....there is actual history behind being black .....

So to say I only like light skinned woman in the same sentence as saying you don't like your skin is clearly linked to the historical context of color in this country and especially being from this country....Florida at that....I'd understand a different angle if he wasn't from the United States but there is too much history to be saying ? like that...

Pigmies, dwarfs, and other short people have been treated like dirt for centuries

Apples and oranges

Even then....I'm sure there's some "intersectionality" with being a dwarf and then being black and being a dwarf

Yeah you're right. There are also way less people who end up being that short. But I still think it needs to be pointed out that prejudices against being short can be as bad as prejudices for being a woman or black or handicapped etc.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having black skin is genetics just like being tall or fat but a whole population of people have not been HISTORICALLY punished for being tall short or fat but yes a whole population has been ? and robbed For just being black....

That is why it sounds ok to say you prefer small or big woman versus white or black....there is actual history behind being black .....

So to say I only like light skinned woman in the same sentence as saying you don't like your skin is clearly linked to the historical context of color in this country and especially being from this country....Florida at that....I'd understand a different angle if he wasn't from the United States but there is too much history to be saying ? like that...

Pigmies, dwarfs, and other short people have been treated like dirt for centuries

Apples and oranges

Even then....I'm sure there's some "intersectionality" with being a dwarf and then being black and being a dwarf

Yeah you're right. There are also way less people who end up being that short. But I still think it needs to be pointed out that prejudices against being short can be as bad as prejudices for being a woman or black or handicapped etc.

It's not the same bruh.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apples and oranges

never seen or heard of anybody killed publicly for being short...as a black person nothing compares , but I don't deny that it isn't bad for short people out here thank the sun and the earth I'm 6'1..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the part of the evening where we argue points nobody has made apparently
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

were they historically slaves or segregated by law? Lynched? Shot by police for being scary little dwarfs? Y'all really need to stop reaching.

Pygmies are hunted like wild game in some parts of Africa to this very day...
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

were they historically slaves or segregated by law? Lynched? Shot by police for being scary little dwarfs? Y'all really need to stop reaching.

That's messed up
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If his pain is that deep then we should move on let him live..we ask u to let us love who we love

wow, you actually... made sense
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Pygmies just refers to any man less than 5'6...is it the twa pygamie?? the efe pygamie??? There's many ethic pygamie groups who all don't practice this European game hunting ? you talkin about ...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pygmies just refers to any man less than 5'6...is it the twa pygamie?? the efe pygamie??? There's many ethic pygamie groups who all don't practice this European game hunting ? you talkin about ...

I'm talking about the ones in Congo that are getting hunted and eaten.... as if they were wild game. Nothing European about it.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark skin on a woman is seen as a masculine feature just like height and weight.

Most men dont want a woman that is taller than them or weighs more than them. Until its dispelled that dark=manly this mentality will continue.

Colorism starts real young when we assign genders to colors. We tell the kids blue and black are for boys and pink and yellow for girls.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Darker skin is masculine, just like being taller. Men on average have more melanin than women, just like they are taller and more muscular. You can try and delude your kids into believing these things aren't true, but they're observable in all human populations.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ The fake outrage. Like people can't state their preference. A woman can say she doesn't date a man that doesn't make atleast $ ... a year or got to be above 6 ft. If this wack n*gga wasn't rapping who would care about his preference anyway? He ain't a fine brother like that (no ? ) and if you hear him speak and see what he keeps getting arrested for he's not the brightest. I honestly don't understand why some women show their insecurity by giving AF about anything this wack n*gga got to say.

Another thing. How are you a rapper and you can't articulate a (simple) point? These new rappers from the south are garbage for the most part. IDGAF who got a problem with what anyone feels about that statement. Disprove it...
  • Muhannad
    Options
    This wack n*gga is just dishing out what he received before he got on. I can almost guarantee from the playground to his adolescent years he heard stuff like "you black as hell", "African bootyscratcher", "tar baby", *insert Hatian joke*, his nose too wide, his hair too nappy, his lips are too big etc.

I'm getting tired of the hypocrisy. I'm a black man but I'll be the first to admit that we - as a collective - do put light skinned and non-black women on a pedestal. Let's not act like Kodak Black was the first brother to have that preference. 'We' reduce dark skinned women to their physical attributes (their a*s mainly) and sexuality, while we treat outsiders (who are garbage in their own culture) better. 'We' say dumb sh*t like "she pretty for a dark girl" then we wonder why they have an attitude or alter their looks to resemble the women we put on a pedestal. 'We' (not me but thirsty brothers) made chicks like Amber Rose and Kim K. household names. Which other race props up women from other cultures that are low class ? in their own culture like us black men do? Name one talentless black ? that got propped up by non-black men and became an A-lister. Are 'we' marrying these women Kodak Black isn't interested in? No, n*ggas just f*ck 'em until they're done with 'em and go on to the next. Numbers don't lie. We treat these black women bad and it's way too easy to jump on Kodak for simply stating his preference...
    We can go in on Kodak Black or look at the underlying reason which is selfhate.
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I'm talking about the ones in Congo that are getting hunted and eaten.... as if they were wild game. Nothing European about it.

That's one group out of many ethnic groups...what cacs refer to as "Lone Ranger" or "lone wolf" ....So pygmies being attacked in the congo but being safe in other parts of Africa does not equate to the world wide attack on blacks....can you really not see that?

Even slaves running from the south to the north didn't really have a completely different life...? was still tough in the north..to this day there isn't a place black people can go without smoke ...we catching hell in America, U.K., catch it in Asia, South Africa ,and Arab Africa , etc
  • Muhannad
    Options
    I don't understand how anyone is acting as if black people haven't been taught by society that the darker they are the uglier they are. How is he defensible? With that face on top of it?
    You're right. Blacks have been conditioned to dislike their own features, but they're doing it to themselves now.

You whine in this topic, because a wack, uneducated, unattractive (n/h), jailbird, no-talent rapper like Kodak Black not being interested in broads like you touches a nerve... Then turn around and defend a black woman covering her nappy roots with weaves or perms and laying on foundation and having filters on pictures to appear lighter to conform to a European standard of beauty. You defend that blatant manifestation of selfhate, because you either do it yourself or know people who do it. You're part of the problem and the only reason you're complaining now is because Kodak said something about black or skinned women. Only insecure black chicks GAF about what a dumb, molly poppin', in and out of jail a*s n*gga that can't even express himself in his first language got to say anyway. Serena Williams or Eve have said things about black men recently. Guarantee you didn't whine about that though. You pick and choose when to be outraged which makes you a hypocrite.

When I say someone like Amber Rose ain't black, you deny it and force us to see her as black with that one drop rule sh*t that only applies in the US. Talking about "my grandma was Capeverdean and just as light as her" eventhough Amber Rose herself said she ain't black and her family was mad that she procreated with and married to Wiz Khalifah. If you wanna force us to see women like Amber Rose as black, then why can't some of us state their preference for 'em? We were all black, remember? People like you are part of the problem and can't be taken seriously when speaking on racial issues...

Blacks do conform to the European standard of beauty, but in 2017 it's by choice. Miss me with that selective outrage BS you spewing in this thread...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I agree with the overall sentiment of that post.. as i always say.. you can blame them for those conditions but not your actions
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone is acting as if black people haven't been taught by society that the darker they are the uglier they are. How is he defensible? With that face on top of it?
    You're right. Blacks have been conditioned to dislike their own features, but they're doing it to themselves now.

You whine in this topic, because a wack, uneducated, unattractive (n/h), jailbird, no-talent rapper like Kodak Black not being interested in broads like you touches a nerve... Then turn around and defend a black woman covering her nappy roots with weaves or perms and laying on foundation and having filters on pictures to appear lighter to conform to a European standard of beauty. You defend that blatant manifestation of selfhate, because you either do it yourself or know people who do it. You're part of the problem and the only reason you're complaining now is because Kodak said something about black or skinned women. Only insecure black chicks GAF about what a dumb, molly poppin', in and out of jail a*s n*gga that can't even express himself in his first language got to say anyway. Serena Williams or Eve have said things about black men recently. Guarantee you didn't whine about that though. You pick and choose when to be outraged which makes you a hypocrite.

When I say someone like Amber Rose ain't black, you deny it and force us to see her as black with that one drop rule sh*t that only applies in the US. Talking about "my grandma was Capeverdean and just as light as her" eventhough Amber Rose herself said she ain't black and her family was mad that she procreated with and married to Wiz Khalifah. If you wanna force us to see women like Amber Rose as black, then why can't some of us state their preference for 'em? We were all black, remember? People like you are part of the problem and can't be taken seriously when speaking on racial issues...

Blacks do conform to the European standard of beauty, but in 2017 it's by choice. Miss me with that selective outrage BS you spewing in this thread...

You put too much thought into this. I'm not outraged. I'm annoyed. I'm also a black woman who can speak on what the ? I choose. What are you speaking for?

Did I hurt your feelings at some point? Cuz I don't remember you and you seem bothered. :) glad to see it.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You remembered my family lineage. How sweet.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? still talking about this ? ?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    What is he 19?.. Give him time to grow and mature.. He's a young idiot like we all were...

Nah he not getting off that easy fam....lol.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another thing...why do ? think just cuz youre darkskin that yo mama is automatically the same complexion? Like where does that ? come from loc?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Angela Yee wasted a question asking Malcolm Gladwell about this dumb ? on Breakfast Club this morning
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    another thing...why do ? think just cuz youre darkskin that yo mama is automatically the same complexion? Like where does that ? come from loc?

Idk because my mom is light as ? and has been mistaken for white yet me and my brothers are all brown skinned
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a jedi mind trick females use to get men to feel ashamed at not finding them attractive.