African-American Caste system.

Options
Olorun22
Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9fvY563s

I came across this channel yesterday and I thought it was interesting. What are you thoughts?

Comments

• Olorun22
    Options
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna make a thread based on Byron Allen. He has accomplished a lot of ? in Hollywood under the radar.

He didn't make it a point to say it was a "Byron Allen Production". He moved in silence and doing so, doors were opened for him.

But on the flip side of that coin, being lowkey kept his accomplishments as far as being black in Hollywood unknown.

It speaks volumes on what it takes to truly be successful and black in America.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His logic is off. Black America has over $1 trillion in spending power, but we send it out to other groups.

For example, Harvard's endowment is 36 billion. Howard's is 685.8 million. We "could" turn HBCUs into Ivy league level schools. That alone would dramatically create a new generation of brilliant black professionals throughout industries.

Banks rip us off like crazy, and most importantly don't lend us money, but we don't have our own banks at a high level.

When we donate politically...it goes to the Dems...and then to white politicians who give lip service.

We have more than enough money to replicate Black Wall Street in most major cities, but zero effort to do that.

Point bank, White or Latino or Asian or Muslim America will never actually do ? for us...ever. Fortunately we have the power to do it ourselves, but no focus
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I skimmed through the first video. Not really my type of rhetoric. He makes some points that may be helpful to some though. I feel trying to find a negative about James Harden's contract to be a reach but I guess there are those who would be salty no surprise there. And maybe some people are taking the Jay z album too seriously. Its an album. Maybe some will find inspiration, maybe pick up some things, maybe others will just like how it sounds. Then he talks about a "caste system" but uses examples of people who technically broke out of it by his definition. Thats part of the issue with this type of thing they always take it back to their low place where they reside but not everybody.
    Again there were some things about being more realistic and stuff that he made good points, but it really didnt go anywhere and he spoke about "black America" as all one group. He made a lot of assumptions about what "black America"is about and doing as if it moves as one.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like he just woke up....

Good for him....

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is always a way to make it to a better situation, and yes some people are essentially locked into the life they are born into.

But in reality, there are far too many success stories I know personally and the world knows through media to be so negative about our ability to rise up.
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Second video from this guy that I've come across.

I hear a lot of miscellaneous stats and 0 resolutions. I need brother to spend 20 minutes telling me where prime real estate with good schools can be found. Put 15 minutes into sharing trades and degrees for us to target and gain employment. Do an op/ed on how to stash money and pool it together.

We get it; black America is in bad shape. What do you offer to fix it?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna make a thread based on Byron Allen. He has accomplished a lot of ? in Hollywood under the radar.

He didn't make it a point to say it was a "Byron Allen Production". He moved in silence and doing so, doors were opened for him.

But on the flip side of that coin, being lowkey kept his accomplishments as far as being black in Hollywood unknown.

It speaks volumes on what it takes to truly be successful and black in America.

I haven't heard of him in years. I just remember him as a comedian/talk show host. Didn't know that he had started a television company. Good for him.

Just googled him though: his wife is white. Don't know if he's the type that was focused on getting that white; if not you gotta smh at black women for losing this brother.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »

I hear a lot of miscellaneous stats and 0 resolutions. I need brother to spend 20 minutes telling me where prime real estate with good schools can be found. Put 15 minutes into sharing trades and degrees for us to target and gain employment. Do an op/ed on how to stash money and pool it together.

prime real estate with good schools?
    hmmmmm
    this might be a trick question. they both compliment each other and play off each other.

everything you have mentioned has been done and tried here and offline.

for every positive you can find a negative.
    for every thing someone says can and will work you can find someone who says it cant or wont work.

for every problem there is a solution..but those solutions can create another problem.
    but heres the thing....its plenty of us who want to talk and teach.

but stopping to listen and learn, ehhh.
    too many guarantees are requested, path needs to be too straight, history needs to be too clean.

black america has the solutions to its own problems within it. but are we ready to trust the man in the mirror who looks like us?
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hmmmmm
    this might be a trick question. they both compliment each other and play off each other.

for every thing someone says can and will work you can find someone who says it cant or wont work.

for every problem there is a solution..but those solutions can create another problem.

too many guarantees are requested, path needs to be too straight, history needs to be too clean.

black america has the solutions to its own problems within it. but are we ready to trust the man in the mirror who looks like us?

I agree with you. I just want us to be more solution oriented.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

hmmmmm

I agree with you. I just want us to be more solution oriented.

wanting and having is a stretch.

i think more of us are frustrated and alot of us just move in silence.

on one side speaking about everything you do gets our the microscopes and detectives.
    on the other side moving in silence...few people get help that might need it.

i have learned that black people are the simplest yet most complicated people i have ever dealt with.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    these youtube pro beyond black need better cameras and photoshop for me to care...
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Antonio Moore is a troll/fear mongerer. He was recently on the Zo Williams show, presented a million one problems that Black folks have and not once offered a clear solution; only statistics and professing his love for Byron Allen. Don't pay this clown any attention. The same with Yvette Carnal.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Antonio Moore is a troll/fear mongerer. He was recently in the Zo Williams shows, presented a million one problems that Black folks have and not once offered a clear solution; only statistics and professing his love for Byron Allen. Don't pay this clown any attention. The same with Yvette Carnal.

I had to graduate past that level of consciousness. Its really awareness not consciousness, becoming aware of a problem is one thing but that alone won't resolve anything.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Antonio Moore is a troll/fear mongerer. He was recently in the Zo Williams shows, presented a million one problems that Black folks have and not once offered a clear solution; only statistics and professing his love for Byron Allen. Don't pay this clown any attention. The same with Yvette Carnal.

He said that people want the solutions and he said that solving the problem is like solving racism
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

He said that people want the solutions and he said that solving the problem is like solving racism

...lmao, right. So let's sit here and feel sorry for ourselves while we stare at the statistics. Foh.
  • Olorun22
    Options

...lmao, right. So let's sit here and feel sorry for ourselves while we stare at the statistics. Foh.

I feel but I watch some of the byron allen interview when he talk about suing obama and what obama didn't do for us and what he could have done. That was very interesting
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i dont agree suing Obama for ? .

so the other 40+ white presidents get a pass and we come down harder on Obama?

Is trump in court yet for ass ? democracy with no ? ?
  • Olorun22
    Options

Did you hear what byron Allen said? It make sense
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I didnt hear Allen talk about the suing Obama....

But the ? sounds ridiculous and absurd.....

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

no i didnt......the bible can make sense to keep black people in slavery too....it makes sense if you allow it.

did we not see how Obama was treated publicly?

Now try to think what happened when they knew you wasnt watching.

Why was being the black people savior fall strictly upon his shoulders, yet clinton.....well, you know how that ends.

he didnt save us..ok
    he did things that hurt us..ok

should clinton be sued?
    should reagan be sued?

should predatory military tactics to get numbers by targeting poor inner city blacks with promises of good jobs, paid education, room and board be sued?

Should we sue the ancestors of slaves
    Should we sue the ancestors of slave traders?

Sue Obama?......nah work your way to him if he feels that way.....
  • Olorun22
    edited July 2017
    Options

no i didnt......the bible can make sense to keep black people in slavery too....it makes sense if you allow it.

Why was being the black people savior fall strictly upon his shoulders, yet clinton.....well, you know how that ends.

he didnt save us..ok

should clinton be sued?
    should reagan be sued?

should predatory military tactics to get numbers by targeting poor inner city blacks with promises of good jobs, paid education, room and board be sued?

Well, I think you should and I did see how he was treated publicly.
    If you want to sit and say it's nothing we can do with people in positions of power go ahead. But, we shouldnt complain anymore if that's how you want to look at it.

I think we should ask for reparations it's been articles written about it stating we ask.

Why fight for civil right but not fight for reparations?

What is Obama doing giving jews reparations?
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he didnt save us..ok

should clinton be sued?
    should reagan be sued?

Well, I think you should and I did see how he was treated publicly.
    If you want to sit and say it nothing we can do with people in positions of power go ahead. But, we should complain anymore if that's how you want to look at it.

I think we should she for reparations it's been articles written about it stating we do.

Why fight for civil right but not fight for reparations?

What is Obama doing giving jews reparations?

Obama also said that reparations for blacks wouldn't be fair to poor Latinos and poor asians
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    lol @ suing Obama goodluck you genius legal hotep minds.

lmaoooo funniest ? ive read all day...