Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, committed suicide

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw, maybe not the place for it, but looking at all these suicides lately, to hang yourself is some dark ? .

You gotta tie up a heavy noose, climb on a chair, kick the chair, and then wait till your neck breaks.

I feel like if I was gonna ? myself, hanging wouldnt be an option. I wonder why so many people go with the hanging though, theres probably a reason.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Mike Shinoda (the rapper from LP) is an underrated producer as well. He did that Fort Minor album and the Reanimation LP Remix albums and they had some awesome beats on them.

Shinoda was their producer in general until Rick Rubin came on board at Minutes to Midnight (from that point he became the group's co-producer).

Funny, thats the album where i stopped listening to them. They just werent the same to me. Maybe i just got older and outgrown them. I loved hybrid theory and meteora, but theres only a handful of songs i can listen to today from those albums.

I liked M2M, but I feel like Rubin ? their sound up. He wanted them to be more melodic and chill on the rap/harder production. Their sound was never the same afterwards.

That's an odd choice from Rubin. His sound was always pretty harsh to me, at least in terms of percussion. The way he did 99 Problems for Jay stands out as a good example.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first OJ victim.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why all the cool band lead singers have to die LP, nirvana, sublime, soundgarden, ect.. Why couldn't the lead singer of Kiss ? himself.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

When this album dropped, I was listening to this very song when I found out my grandfather passed. Needless to say, it did not/does not make me feel any better.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn. That's 7-8th grade music for me.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's crazy. Was never a fan but it's always sad to see rock stars driven to suicide. R.I.P.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crawlin' was the jam though. I'll give his music that.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why all the cool band lead singers have to die LP, nirvana, sublime, soundgarden, ect.. Why couldn't the lead singer of Kiss ? himself.

You cant say ? like this as a grown man bro
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easier to run from meteora is one of my favorite songs of theirs n the first one of thought if when I read he died n how, listening to the lyrics they seem more prophetic now smh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah i cant celebrate life when sumone does suicide
    White black or brown

Rich cac.. go ask some kid with cancer how he feels about healthy people killn themselves
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You cant say ? like this as a grown man bro

Sorry man, but Imma say "cool bands" till the day I die. Staind is a cool band. It is what it is.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wont act like i was into them but i do remember their first album was kind of banging and that hybrid album w JAy...i do recall teaching myself how to play in the End on the keyboard...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    White black or brown

Rich cac.. go ask some kid with cancer how he feels about healthy people killn themselves

He wasn't healthy mentally
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White black or brown

Your an idiot

Mommy didnt love u?

Pops beat ya?

Its a coward thing to do...dude is 40 with kids n rich
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    White black or brown

Your an idiot

Mommy didnt love u?

Pops beat ya?

Its a coward thing to do...dude is 40 with kids n rich

Your mind is not fully functional when you're going through depression and suicidal thoughts.

This is something that has been building up since he was a child. That is why I said it's important to get help early because the ? ain't going away no matter how much money u get, how many bad ? u smash or how many kids u get.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the first bands that took me out of strictly listening to rap as a teenager
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    damn Man

Condolences to His Friends , Fans and Family...

i ? with Linkin Park in the 00s...

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    https://youtu.be/7F2QE8O-Y1g

the best thing about this franchise
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow... come to think of it, Chester and Chris Cornell had similar styles when it came to singing. Very angsty...

Yea, whoever was saying Rick Rubin ? up their sound hit it on the head... i think i remember him making them come up with the songs organically in the studio like standard rock bands as oppose to writing beforehand which really forced the rapping element to the side. That's around the time I stopped checking for them.

Saw them perform on SNL a couple years back, and i liked the songs but their edge was gone.

Depression is a ? ... RIP...