Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    RIP. Their music reminds me of middle school
  • mike030270
    mike030270 Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Bad year for Rock if you're an early 2000s fan

Bad couple, lost Scott weiland and Wayne static In recent years too
    Wow I had no idea Wayne has been dead for a few years. I remember first hearing them from the movie Queen of the Damned with Aaliyah

Hybrid Theory was favorite of mine because it mixed rock and rap really nicely
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why all the cool band lead singers have to die LP, nirvana, sublime, soundgarden, ect.. Why couldn't the lead singer of Kiss ? himself.

That's some real ? .

Kiss and their trash music lol.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Breaking the habit still one of my favorite videos. I remember waking up dumb early to watch MTV when the video shows started so I wouldn't miss it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Wow... come to think of it, Chester and Chris Cornell had similar styles when it came to singing. Very angsty...

Yea, whoever was saying Rick Rubin ? up their sound hit it on the head... i think i remember him making them come up with the songs organically in the studio like standard rock bands as oppose to writing beforehand which really forced the rapping element to the side. That's around the time I stopped checking for them.

Saw them perform on SNL a couple years back, and i liked the songs but their edge was gone.

Depression is a ? ... RIP...

What's even crazier, is they were friends and when cornell died Chester wrote a big ass open letter talking aboUT how much he will miss him and how much of an inspiration he was to him. It was a really lengthy post.

Today would have been Chris cornell birthday. And Chester commits suicide on this day.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn RIP, first time I was put on to Linkin park is when I was in the 7th grade when i moved to long island they were huge .They music videos were very unique no cookie cutter ? .
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linkin park performing with chris cornell
    https://youtu.be/F_v1SLIt01Q
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In The End is my favorite intro ever.. that piano is ? awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Rip. Been to 3 of their concerts at Nissan Pavilion back in the early to mid 2000s. Great stage performances.

Prodigy by natural causes and now Chester to clinical depression (hang). Tough year
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Clinical depression is a ? and money and fame isn't the cure for happiness.

Take care of the people you know who are going through it and have been for a long time. So people just want to be heard and realize that u care about them.

Clinical depression is real and caused by years of trauma, not something that goes away overnight. Having the blues isn't the same. That's why people are some ignorant to the topic.

If you know about Chester Bennington's childhood it's 100% clear why he struggled with depression and addiction his entire life
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you feel sorry for someone who kills himself on his dead friend's birthday (also by suicide) on some symbolism/weirdo ? . Its not a coincidence. He planned it out. He couldn't plan to get professional help?

Mods please don't delete my post again.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Mike Shinoda (the rapper from LP) is an underrated producer as well. He did that Fort Minor album and the Reanimation LP Remix albums and they had some awesome beats on them.

He co-scored that movie The Raid. Music was dope as ? . That's when he really gained my respect.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you feel sorry for someone who kills himself on his dead friend's birthday (also by suicide) on some symbolism/weirdo ? . Its not a coincidence. He planned it out. He couldn't plan to get professional help?

I think that Cornell death rocked him.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

Take care of the people you know who are going through it and have been for a long time. So people just want to be heard and realize that u care about them.

Clinical depression is real and caused by years of trauma, not something that goes away overnight. Having the blues isn't the same. That's why people are some ignorant to the topic.

If you know about Chester Bennington's childhood it's 100% clear why he struggled with depression and addiction his entire life

give a quick background?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I cant condone the effects or act like somehow its nothing other than fcked up for the people effected. Not something I wanna even go into,but there were people to consider. Cant dig it. Or act like its cool in anyway his move.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

give a quick background?

he was molested as a young boy. he'd self medicate with drugs and alcohol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYxzRYMrcVc

one of the last really dope busta songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rv9UPwpi7c

"i dont wanna live no more"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou_aTbmz7zY

It's easier to run
    Replacing this pain with something numb
    It's so much easier to go
    Than face all this pain here all alone
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    A secret I've kept locked away
    No one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show
    They never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head
    For years and years they've played
    If I could change I would
    Take back the pain I would
    Retrace every wrong move that I made I would
    If I could
    Stand up and take the blame I would
    If I could take all the shame to the grave I would

smh dude been cryin out for help
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i forgot how much i loved faint
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Like Water wrote: »

Yeah. I cant condone the effects or act like somehow its nothing other than fcked up for the people effected. Not something I wanna even go into,but there were people to consider. Cant dig it. Or act like its cool in anyway his move.

You stupid muthafuckas are the reasons why people that should seek help don't. Smh.

The stigmas that surround clinical depression need to be done away with. Ever since Reagan ? up the mental health sector during his presidency, the U.S's perception of mental health has been in shambles.

I hate people that are willfully ignorant.

Nobody gives a fck what you hate. Go back to your idiot life of thinking Hillary and Trump are the same, not voting and being a frustrated nonsensical idiot. Wasnt nothin cool about this event but you trying to excuse it. You got things all the way fcked up obviously. We aint even in the same stratosphere. Some of yall got things completely fcked up in life. Well not my problem stay eherever you are I aint fckin with you. This wasnt a cool move for the ones effected. No way around that. Just like Hillary and Trump were never the same and voting always mattered. See a pattern in getting things wrong with you? Anyone with sense can see it. Clowns are trying to excuse this? This wasnt the same as getting killed or dying naturally. We different types and Im gon stay away from your type. You got emotional dont make sense whiny loser all over you. Stay where you at I dont have no time to have anything to do with you.