Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, committed suicide

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male

These things really mentally ? ppl up for their entire lives. Their lives get thrown off course before they've even started. The abnormal gets normalized and they probably spend their whole lives struggling to figure out which way is up.

Death is too good for child molesters. These ppl need to be exported to a deserted island and only left to survive off the land and cannibalism.

Crete and Singh (2015) observed that males “as a result of their different but disturbing past experiences, tended to question what is normal. Several had been raised to deny the presence of abuse and neglect. "

It produces murkiness in one's metacognition.

It makes secure attachment nearly unattainable.

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), but each adverse childhood experience begets the next and leads to higher risk of health issues (physical and mental). Which ? up social functioning leading to poverty and further isolation.

This type of trauma destroys people.
  • (Nope)
    Like Water wrote: »
    How can you feel sorry for someone who kills himself on his dead friend's birthday (also by suicide) on some symbolism/weirdo ? . Its not a coincidence. He planned it out. He couldn't plan to get professional help?

Mods please don't delete my post again.

Yeah. I cant condone the effects or act like somehow its nothing other than fcked up for the people effected. Not something I wanna even go into,but there were people to consider. Cant dig it. Or act like its cool in anyway his move.

You stupid muthafuckas are the reasons why people that should seek help don't. Smh.

The stigmas that surround clinical depression need to be done away with. Ever since Reagan ? up the mental health sector during his presidency, the U.S's perception of mental health has been in shambles.

I hate people that are willfully ignorant.

Nobody gives a fck what you hate. Go back to your idiot life of thinking Hillary and Trump are the same, not voting and being a frustrated nonsensical idiot. Wasnt nothin cool about this event but you trying to excuse it. You got things all the way fcked up obviously. We aint even in the same stratosphere. Some of yall got things completely fcked up in life. Well not my problem stay eherever you are I aint fckin with you. This wasnt a cool move for the ones effected. No way around that. Just like Hillary and Trump were never the same and voting always mattered. See a pattern in getting things wrong with you? Anyone with sense can see it. Clowns are trying to excuse this? This wasnt the same as getting killed or dying naturally. We different types and Im gon stay away from your type. You got emotional dont make sense whiny loser all over you. Stay where you at I dont have no time to have anything to do with you.

It's affected lil buddy.

What clowns you talking about the APA and AMA?

Your purported values where depression is concerned are nothing but opinion and feeling, so cut the ? .

Mental health crises do not imply moral failings of those affected. Conversely, willful ignorance or sheer laziness does.

Read a ? book.

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you feel sorry for someone who kills himself on his dead friend's birthday (also by suicide) on some symbolism/weirdo ? . Its not a coincidence. He planned it out. He couldn't plan to get professional help?

Yeah. I cant condone the effects or act like somehow its nothing other than fcked up for the people effected. Not something I wanna even go into,but there were people to consider. Cant dig it. Or act like its cool in anyway his move.

You stupid muthafuckas are the reasons why people that should seek help don't. Smh.

The stigmas that surround clinical depression need to be done away with. Ever since Reagan ? up the mental health sector during his presidency, the U.S's perception of mental health has been in shambles.

Nobody gives a fck what you hate. Go back to your idiot life of thinking Hillary and Trump are the same, not voting and being a frustrated nonsensical idiot. Wasnt nothin cool about this event but you trying to excuse it. You got things all the way fcked up obviously. We aint even in the same stratosphere. Some of yall got things completely fcked up in life. Well not my problem stay eherever you are I aint fckin with you. This wasnt a cool move for the ones effected. No way around that. Just like Hillary and Trump were never the same and voting always mattered. See a pattern in getting things wrong with you? Anyone with sense can see it. Clowns are trying to excuse this? This wasnt the same as getting killed or dying naturally. We different types and Im gon stay away from your type. You got emotional dont make sense whiny loser all over you. Stay where you at I dont have no time to have anything to do with you.

? , you ? , emotional, little ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    VIBE wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Clinical depression is a ? and money and fame isn't the cure for happiness.

Take care of the people you know who are going through it and have been for a long time. So people just want to be heard and realize that u care about them.

Clinical depression is real and caused by years of trauma, not something that goes away overnight. Having the blues isn't the same. That's why people are some ignorant to the topic.

If you know about Chester Bennington's childhood it's 100% clear why he struggled with depression and addiction his entire life

give a quick background?

He was molested as a kid by a family friend, made even more sad becauae his dad was a sex crimes cop...then began self medicating with drugs from the time he was like 13. Moved with his mom who instead of getting him help threw him out. When he got older he decided not to pursue charges because he found out the person who molested him was a victim of abuse themselves when they were younger. He struggled with addiction pretty much his whole life
  • (Nope)
    edited July 2017

? , you ? , emotional, little ? .

"Go back to your idiot life"

4wuuyp5ppl1w.gif

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I see feelings were caught but the praise fest ended though. Why? Because they know Im right. It just hurt their feelings and made them accept they were off base. Also sheep dont like when someone stands on their own and doesnt follow the crowd...Am I awesome or am I awesome! I oughtta charge for my analyses haha. But at the same time, this is quite light work. And no I wont be no follower. So Deal with it.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Korn would have a ? opinion.
  • Like Water
    edited July 2017
    I see feelings were caught but the praise fest ended though. Why? Because they know Im right. It just hurt their feelings and made them accept they were off base. Also sheep dont like when someone stands on their own and doesnt follow the crowd...Am I awesome or am I awesome! I oughtta charge for my analyses haha. But at the same time, this is quite light work. And no I wont be no follower. So Deal with it.

? , shut yo ? ass up. G.damn. No, you're not right. You're an ignorant idiot that doesn't understand mental illness. That's it. If you wanna have a circle ? with yourself, have at it. Everyone here can tell you're ? as ? . Apparently you're the only one that doesn't know it.

Ctfu. Oftentimes, part of what makes a loser a loser is the fact that they don't know they're losers. As far as I can tell, you're mentally ill your G.damn self.

Congratulations, ? .
  • NoCompetition
    edited July 2017

? , shut yo ? ass up. G.damn. No, you're not right. You're an ignorant idiot that doesn't understand mental illness. That's it. If you wanna have a circle ? with yourself, have at it. Everyone here can tell you're ? as ? . Apparently you're the only one that doesn't know it.

Ctfu. Oftentimes, part of what makes a loser a loser is the fact that they don't know they're losers. As far as I can tell, you're mentally ill your G.damn self.

Congratulations, ? .

All you do is confirm Im right. LMAO like here how embarrassing for you to be this unglued...but anyway this is a situation that Im going to cease discussing at this point just as the mature option. Next time...ya know what no need to give you any advice just stay wherever you are and I will not have anything to do with you. I'd be wasting time to even go any further with you. This was your acknowledgement I hit the target this is just how the immature deal with the truth of themselves..and of course

xq4z2qw3e6pc.jpg
  • NoCompetition
    edited July 2017
    But man Im not here to beat up on idiots and kids and whatnot. Be a bully. That was never my intention. Hey why not i'll give a lil advice to those of you who can deal with real game Point is there are things to consider in life. As yall already know. Best to take it into consideration going in. Then you dont have to have a temper tantrum like this clown when forced to deal with things you should have already considered. One to grow on. I aint mad at all got some money on my agenda today so gonna stay sucker free and leave clowns like like water wherever they are and life's good over here. hilarious.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur not right, ur just Ignorant to mental illness. Go up to the rest of the band n tell em how u feel n ull have a physical illness too lol
  • NoCompetition
    Ur not right, ur just Ignorant to mental illness. Go up to the rest of the band n tell em how u feel n ull have a physical illness too lol

Alright i'll give an analogy. Lets say someone is "mentally ill". So they get ? and high and hit somebody with their car. Do the police, society, and everybody else say "they were mentally ill it excuses all" or are there consequences such as jail and the rest? The answer is the latter. Hopefully that person can get help and work through things and its not about being insensitive but that doesnt excuse what you do. The lack of awareness to how things work is astounding. No way some of yall can win this because your argument is faulty. I dont even expect you to admit I'm right I know it obviously hurts. Thats why I said my advice is to consider things going in.
  • Like Water

Congratulations, ? .

All you do is confirm Im right. LMAO like here how embarrassing...but anyway this is a situation that Im going to cease discussing at this point just as the mature option. Next time...ya know what no need to give you any advice just stay wherever you are and I will not have anything to do with you. I'd be wasting time to even go any further with you. This was your acknowledgement I hit the target this is just how the immature deal with the truth of themselves..and of course

xq4z2qw3e6pc.jpg

I'm mos def not mad, bruh. I don't need no "advice" from the likes of you though. I'm straight, son. You're stupid as hell and shouldn't even be giving a dog advice. Lol.

I would ask you how you've made it this far in life, but Hell, look at our president. If that's not evidence enough that delusional dummies can rise through the ranks, I don't know what is.

I'll let you get back to your meager existence where you only have yourself to entertain.

Peace, thun.
  • Peezy_Jenkins

Alright i'll give an analogy. Lets say someone is "mentally ill". So they get ? and high and hit somebody with their car. Do the police, society, and everybody else say "they were mentally ill it excuses all" or are there consequences such as jail and the rest? The answer is the latter. Hopefully that person can get help and work through things and its not about being insensitive but that doesnt excuse what you do. The lack of awareness to how things work is astounding. No way some of yall can win this because your argument is faulty. I dont even expect you to admit I'm right I know it obviously hurts. Thats why I said my advice is to consider things going in.

Idek wtf ur talking about, this isn't a matter of being right or wrong, or winning. It doesn't hurt me when someone else is looking like a fool.

Uve somehow gotten the idea in ur head we're saying suicide is ok. That we're excusing it. NOOOOOOOO fool. We just aren't shittin on him for it because we know what he went through, how he expressed it in music we grew up with and we're mature enough to know what depression can do to ones mental state whether help is received or not, not to mention being molested. Like u mentioned we could hope he got help but he did n it ain't work. He had all kinda success n money but that didn't take away his rough childhood. It ain't like he went on a rampage n killed Innocents so I don't see what ur problem is. I thought u were a level headed enough poster to understand this, perhaps not.

If your kids show signs of depression r u gonna help or just tell em "stop being selfish, ? "
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Broddie wrote: »
    They just saying people with severe mental health issues like clinical depression are not rational or sound enough to deal. It's true. I live it everyday with my 24 yr old sister. We know it's ? that the kids were left without a dad. It may seem selfish but realize a part of him probably also realized that.

Thing is mental instability has such a crazy toll on you especially emotionally that even being cognizant of how ? up it is you're still not sound and vulnerable enough to let it drag you down. ? is not easy. At all. So unless you going through it or seeing someone living with it against their will your probably won't really get it and it could be easy to say: "Man what an ? !".

This post hits the nail on the head, if folks can't understand this, I gotta believe theyre tryna b trolls or ignorant
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Stew wrote: »

This tweet has the same ? going in it as this thread

Ironic since he went thru the same ? n even left the band n tried to become a Christian artist over it lol
  • Like Water

Idek wtf ur talking about, this isn't a matter of being right or wrong, or winning. It doesn't hurt me when someone else is looking like a fool.

Uve somehow gotten the idea in ur head we're saying suicide is ok. That we're excusing it. NOOOOOOOO fool. We just aren't shittin on him for it because we know what he went through, how he expressed it in music we grew up with and we're mature enough to know what depression can do to ones mental state whether help is received or not, not to mention being molested. Like u mentioned we could hope he got help but he did n it ain't work. He had all kinda success n money but that didn't take away his rough childhood. It ain't like he went on a rampage n killed Innocents so I don't see what ur problem is. I thought u were a level headed enough poster to understand this, perhaps not.

If your kids show signs of depression r u gonna help or just tell em "stop being selfish, ? "

I have this nagging suspicion that ol boy is that @xxCivicxx nuisance that was banned. They both have convinced themselves that they're smart, for whatever reason, when the rest of us read their posts with these faces:

196157.gif
    14kwrhk.gif
    82p2Nh.gif

• (Nope)
    edited July 2017

Who did what and when?

You're a certified idiot my guy. Your shallow analyses revealed the depths of your ignorance. You didn't say anything new or profound. And now you're praising yourself for it?

? is wrong with you weirdo?

• NoCompetition
    edited July 2017

I aint really gettin into the name calling thing. I aint never had no issues with you that I can remember...It aint about none of that for me anyway. People just need to take into accout the effect things can have...and if something aint cool, it aint cool. That goes as a general statement and applies where it applies. Thats important all around. I aint come in here insulting anybody and never ? on dude. I think I said pretty much what I needed to say on this though.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »

This tweet has the same ? going in it as this thread

Ironic since he went thru the same ? n even left the band n tried to become a Christian artist over it lol

He aint ? himself tho
  • (Nope)
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Hybrid Theory is a classic imo. Easily the best rap / rock album ever done.

I'll cosign but Judgement soundtrack is the best rap/rock album

Judgment_Night_%28soundtrack%29_album_coveart.jpg

Rest in power