Destiny 2 Open Beta is Live

Options

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody doing the campaign or starting a new character I'm about to make an alt character if anybody wanna run through the story.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Hey what's your psn
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How I join a clan? Y'all got one?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    We can have an ic clas y'all tripping smh
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Level 10, power 97
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    How I join a clan? Y'all got one?

https://youtu.be/eV0Ga-L32Mw

@StoneColdMikey I know you're on my friends list now. Anybody else that friend requests me, please lemme know who you are. I know I approved someone from here the other day, but iono which one of y'all it is.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I skipped the first one since they said they where going to come out with a second one so quickly I must say this game is pure ? to me
  • Like Water
    Options
    I'm at 280 power and I still haven't gotten a good exotic weapon, aside from the quest ones. I keep getting duplicates of Graviton, Coldheart and Riskrunner. Smh. ? RNGesus is screwin wit me.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will say this, I didn't really like the first game because it was kinda boring, if you're main complaint about the first game was that there was nothing to do, they completely fixed that problem with this one. There is always something to do.
  • The Recipe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    I'm at 280 power and I still haven't gotten a good exotic weapon, aside from the quest ones. I keep getting duplicates of Graviton, Coldheart and Riskrunner. Smh. ? RNGesus is screwin wit me.

If you spectate the exotic engram the inventory changes every few minutes decrypt the engram when something you want is in the inventory, hopefully that helps, also farm those heroic public events for more exotic engrams, pick up that Merciless (Yellow Bar Melter) from Xur on Nessus he is up a tree. Then you have the exotic quest for the mida, and a few other weapons. I've been doing alright had a few dupes also though.

luf9mapd9fo6.jpg

zq2xa5rmjbr3.jpg

• The Recipe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Make sure y'all ain't sitting on 99,999 glimmer and y'all buying blue mods so when you hit 280 y'all can trade them in for legendary +5 mods and level up 5 levels instantly.

Also if you have enough legendary shards grab the exotics for other classes that Xur has so once you make those characters you have 270 gear, which is really 265 with the plus 5 mod level gear to infuse once you get to level 20 and start getting legendary gear.
  • The Recipe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    How to level up alternative characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGT0jvt9Jfo

I actually did this earlier today and was contemplating posting it, then I saw this video.. Also save some lower level exotics and legionaries to use on your alt character so when they hit about level 15 give or take you can grind out those Heroic Public events with no sweat. (It only takes about 2 heroic events to go up a level and there are also chances to get exotics) Then hit level 20 throw your guns on and the armor from xur and you can ease through the rest of the campaign.

Keep in mind his weapons are like 300 my weapons are between 280-285 and I got up to 274 using this strat.

edit dont be like me and forget to add the plus 5 mods if you have them on deck from your main you can equip them on your alt before 280 im at 279 now and my main is only like 283.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat the raid. ? is definitely the best raid in the series.
  • The Recipe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

Ima try it later on trying to get my power up to 290 first though knocking im at like 287 right now, I think I wanna ? with some trials to though while there is a larger pool so it wont be so sweaty. That ? look mad fun, drop that Raid loot though..
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

Ima try it later on trying to get my power up to 290 first though knocking im at like 287 right now, I think I wanna ? with some trials to though while there is a larger pool so it wont be so sweaty. That ? look mad fun, drop that Raid loot though..

Aye i just saw at the store that if u buy a certain flavor of pop tarts they give you a free xp level in destiny 2
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting old.

I suck at shooters, so I usually avoid them, but I saw Destiny had mmorpg aspects, so I decided to giev the original game a try.

Bought my first used game from Amazon, Destiny complete edition, now I'm reading it's a requirement to be online, and play with others to actually play the full game, wth, I suck at shooters, I want to avoid playing with others.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    I'm getting old.

I suck at shooters, so I usually avoid them, but I saw Destiny had mmorpg aspects, so I decided to giev the original game a try.

Bought my first used game from Amazon, Destiny complete edition, now I'm reading it's a requirement to be online, and play with others to actually play the full game, wth, I suck at shooters, I want to avoid playing with others.

Just gotta play with some ppl that cool with the fact that you may not be as good at shooters.
  • Like Water
    Options

Tried one round of Trials and got team shot to oblivion by Midas. I have like a 1.9 efficiency rating, but I need to find a solid, well-rounded team that I can grow with. Creating chemistry with a team might be the most important thing, unless you're some type of PVP ? .

I wanna try the raid soon too. I'm still in the low 280's.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Tried one round of Trials and got team shot to oblivion by Midas. I have like a 1.9 efficiency rating, but I need to find a solid, well-rounded team that I can grow with. Creating chemistry with a team might be the most important thing, unless you're some type of PVP ? .

I wanna try the raid soon too. I'm still in the low 280's.

My squad got like 5 in trials, the social space is amazing I got a shotgun and the sniper. Your right about the trials though, also you have to have a leader or collective that can call out routes and have schemes to start rounds. I still haven't beat the final raid boss though but I have all other phases pretty much down to the T. The raid is fun as ? . Got the raid Pulse, Auto (which is amazing) and the scout rifle.

hofpu62axstk.jpg
    07ah8fveqycj.jpg
    day8s8bjkkpz.jpg
    n3dgnxl8ye46.jpg
    igaesc22p1da.jpg
    6diev1v1vfni.jpg
  • The Recipe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    I'm getting old.

@Hevalisk another great thing about destiny is you dont have to be great at shooters, you can just play PVE activities which are solo or co op and you can run around the open world dolo until you feel more comfortable then start doing strikes, nightfalls and raids, when you come over to D2 holla at your boy stcfinest on PSN as long as you dont wine and complain about ? 24/7 and belch into the mic I will roll with you through some of the difficult content regardless of your skill level. I rocks with Kindergaurdians too.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Destiny n borderlands have thr best names for guns i ever came across
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Blue items are dropping beyond 265+ now, I leveled my third up and blues are dropping till like 280+. Also holla at xur and get that wardcliff coil rocket launcher from him.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I need help getting past 169
  • The Recipe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Yo I need help getting past 169

Just keep playing the game my son is at 225 by himself in 2 days doing the campaign and public events also the lil ? got 2 titan exotics I don't even have lol.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    My son is a meta scrub he running around with a sidearm in crucible as a primary doing pretty good too lol.