Ready Player One (2018) : Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke ,Ben Mendelsohn, T. J. Miller & Simon Pegg

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spielberg still the king of technical output in cinema... his stories might be drab but boy, visuals alone?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo the music......the visuals.....this ? looks so dope
    take my damn money
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So a live action version of Wreck-it-Ralph

I'll check it out when it comes on HBO or Starz.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever happened to the Halo series on Showtime he was supposed to be producing? has it been scrapped?
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is based on the book Ready Player One which is pretty neat if you are an 80s kid.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    This is based on the book Ready Player One which is pretty neat if you are an 80s kid.

Ernie Cline is a terrible writer. His book Armada (another nostalgia wankfest and nothing else) has some of the most ? and unintentionally hilarious amateur hour writing of all time.

Armada is a complete ripoff of The Last Starfighter that literally takes scenes straight from that movie while asking the reader "hey! member?"

It stars a group of video game geeks saving the universe and at one point I kid you not has one of the worst pieces of nerd wish fulfillment ever. This is from a review of it highlighting that cringey scene:

“In one revealing moment, Zack calls his mom in midst of the alien invasion and says the words that burn in the heart of every gamer who has ever felt demeaned for the hours they lavish on their favorite hobby: ‘All those years I spent playing videogames weren’t wasted after all, eh?'”

*shudders*

I'll just stay in my corner waiting on Indiana Jones 5.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Ernie Cline is a terrible writer. His book Armada (another nostalgia wankfest and nothing else) has some of the most ? and unintentionally hilarious amateur hour writing of all time.

Armada is a complete ripoff of The Last Starfighter that literally takes scenes straight from that movie while asking the reader "hey! member?"

It stars a group of video game geeks saving the universe and at one point I kid you not has one of the worst pieces of nerd wish fulfillment ever. This is from a review of it highlighting that cringey scene:

“In one revealing moment, Zack calls his mom in midst of the alien invasion and says the words that burn in the heart of every gamer who has ever felt demeaned for the hours they lavish on their favorite hobby: ‘All those years I spent playing videogames weren’t wasted after all, eh?'”

*shudders*

Ok, but did you read Ready Player One? I didn't read Armada. There are some writers that only have one good book in them.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

*shudders*

Ok, but did you read Ready Player One? I didn't read Armada. There are some writers that only have one good book in them.

Read enough to know it's not for me. He includes a lot of characters and references without them actually doing ? . He just wants the easy nostalgia pop without any purpose. Like what's the point of including say Duke Nukem if you won't have him doing cool Duke Nukem ? ?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been hooked since the first teaser trailer.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn not bad might check this out
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gallery-1513004625-ready-player-one-official-poster.jpg

LOL y'all notice anything unusual about this poster?
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why the ? they make his leg so long. that ? looks dumb.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

There's an alien reference in the poster if we talking about the same thing.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    n/h i thought it was the string coming outta dude’s .......

but yeah that leg funny style.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

There's an alien reference in the poster if we talking about the same thing.

I noticed that too. The egg lookin thing. Didn't catch his leg being extra long til @irony said it lol
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options