Kendrick's DAMN certified Double Platinum

Options
2»

Comments

• beatboy1
    beatboy1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Awesome. The songs I like on this Album I really love, a lot ! ....but on other hand I find myself doing something I've never had to do for any Kendrick album..I hit skip on occasion for some songs
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quote me on this. Eminem's next album will be pure extremadamente garbage and will still go plat within 3 months

the last eminem album that took 3 months to go platinum was probably his debut
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who mad at the #newrules
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Sidebar: What stops these labels from setting up offices or warehouses of streaming hardware that stream their artist music allday.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stream it daily and I have it on vinyl.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Sidebar: What stops these labels from setting up offices or warehouses of streaming hardware that stream their artist music allday.

Who says they haven't but it would be way to ? easy to tell where the ip addresses are streaming from the same ? in the same location streaming the same exact thing idk maybe they could set up vpns and prices.

you would have to pay a few ? like me a heafty penny to set that up and keep your secret

It woudnt be worth it
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

It'll cost more to maintain that then the money that they recoup
  • The Recipe
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Interesting points but we claimed labels were buying albums that cost as well, why not this? Is the publicity and prestige of certified albums enough to recoup plus profit in other avenues?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I remember when Big Sean, Wale, Cole and Kendrick were coming up and trying to hone a fan base and ? were dissing them for not selling big. I ain't gon lie if you pull up the threads I might have been one of them dudes dissing on them. It really worked out for Big Sean, Cole, Kendrick and even Drake. KRIT could be there too but he has to stop giving his music away for free.
    @Sion, you have to understand that money isn't an object for everyone. Krit gives his music away for free probably because he enjoys rapping. Something like a hobbie, whereas it's just an non profitable activity of his.

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    the kids love em

Yes @Ear2DaSt ? ; don't I know it! My neph vibes out to K. Dot from time to time; no shade!
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers won't achieve their goals listening to nay sayers
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If companies were buying or streaming in excess you would see many more popular figures in hip hop selling better. French montana wouldn't continuously have one hot single that sales but his albums flop. ? like Yacty who had the popularity outside the records would have better sales for albums like his debut which borderline could be labeled a flop. Wale would never have an album that did 20K first week because the MMG machine would have bought their own supply.

As far as streaming they cut the amount of streams can count toward the charts so mass streaming albums don't make sense. And if you did it you would not only raise red flags but need years to really push something plat on streams only.

And while the sales plus streaming helps the artists image it hurts the image of the labes. They don't always get staight cash for youtube views on an artists youtube page. And while the streaming services pay them they still don't get as much as they do on every physical album sold.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Labels are in the business of selling personas these dayz
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Labels are in the business of selling personas these dayz

This. That's the entire point of 360
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers won't achieve their goals listening to nay sayers

So whats the hold up with KB The ? ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting points but we claimed labels were buying albums that cost as well, why not this? Is the publicity and prestige of certified albums enough to make to recoup plus profit in other avenues?

Because for the ? you came up with you would have to pay me 225k a year and employ 20 other ppl and a few other ? gonna get paid just as much or more that's more money than buying the albums outright
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Quote me on this. Eminem's next album will be pure extremadamente garbage and will still go plat within 3 months

Bruh they should hire me for fortune telling