What is your definitive Spiderman?

soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Because there are so many versions of the same character between the comics, tv, movies, and games, and because these characters have existed for decades upon decades, many people have different ideas of what the main version of a character looks and behaves like and what stories make the character what he or she really is.

Simple question: Which is your definitive version of Spiderman?

This is particularly asking about Peter Parker. Not Spider Woman, Spider Gwen, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Dr. Octopus in Peter's body, etc... unless one of those is more definitively Spiderman to you... probably not...

What is your definitive Spiderman? 37 votes

The 90's animated version
67%
lion_heart  Colin$mackabi$hlord nemesisjmolmryounggunPILL_COSBYCJCutler 26 INT's LOL!Already Home_17Like WaterMister B.L3NUKairoTrollio Lou CypherHafBaykedBetaInglewood_Bchgarcia345LUClEN 25 votes
Sam Rami/Tobey Maquire live action version
8%
soul rattlerfortyacresPanchoYoSancho 3 votes
Marc Webb/Andrew Garfield live action version
0%
Tom Holland/MCU live action
10%
sapp08_2001illestni99ainneKoltraingdatruth2.0 4 votes
Silver age Spiderman with the 80's animation
5%
Idiopathic JokerSplackavelli 2 votes
Other
8%
BroddieMorganFreemanKingVulcanRaven 3 votes

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90s animated.

Holland is my favorite live action though.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily the cartoon but Tobey was dope as Peter and Spidey. I haven't the knew kid yet but i did like him on Civil War, he got the talkative Spidey thing down.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tobey 2nd after him I stopped caring
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Voice wise I'd say some where between the Spiderman and his amazing friends version and the 90:s animated version. The comic book silver age-1990:s spider Man is my favorite version of Peter/spidey. I stopped reading after McFarland left though and I wasn't into all that ben Riley spider clone scarlet spider ? . I didnt like that cosmic spider Man ? either when he got all those super powers from out of nowhere and lastly that iron spider suit yuck I'm not talking about the one tony stark designed for him either.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed like two more cartoon Spidermen

Think ultimate spiderman and that wack mtv version lol
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Spectacular Spider-Man seemes to fit best although 90s Fox was the the one i was introduced to
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Spiderman cartoon they cancelled early was dope too
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Tom Holland creeping up tho. If I were younger I'd probably pick him first

I liked the first 2 Toby movies but I could never get past the fact that he looked 30+ years old
  • Splackavelli
    Beta wrote: »
    You missed like two more cartoon Spidermen

Think ultimate spiderman and that wack mtv version lol

those aren't worth mentioning 2009's spectacular Spider-Man would've been a better choice.
  • Splackavelli
    Voice wise I'd say some where between the Spiderman and his amazing friends version and the 90:s animated version. The comic book silver age-1990:s spider Man is my favorite version of Peter/spidey. I stopped reading after McFarland left though and I wasn't into all that ben Riley spider clone scarlet spider ? . I didnt like that cosmic spider Man ? either when he got all those super powers from out of nowhere and lastly that iron spider suit yuck I'm not talking about the one tony stark designed for him either.

i'm talking about this monstrosity wtf was marvel thinking.

va3rp1ux3z8h.jpg
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

va3rp1ux3z8h.jpg

That ? was dope. I'm glad it wasn't permanent but it was a nice alternative version of his suit
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ? I meant to click animated version but no love for Italian Spider-Man? lol
    https://youtu.be/UhHhXukovMU
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

va3rp1ux3z8h.jpg

That ? was dope. I'm glad it wasn't permanent but it was a nice alternative version of his suit
    My grandma brought me this issue out the grocery store
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Amazing Spiderman comic version
  • Splackavelli

va3rp1ux3z8h.jpg

Look like Peter stylin on his hatin ass enemies with the iced out suit

Whats the problem?

va3rp1ux3z8h.jpg

Look like Peter stylin on his hatin ass enemies with the iced out suit

Whats the problem?

that ? looks like something mega man would wear
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

va3rp1ux3z8h.jpg

Silver variant of that cover was GOAT.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only one I know....was never a comic guy
  • VulcanRaven
    Other
    HafBayked wrote: »
    only one I know....was never a comic guy

The cartoon followed the comic closely with the story lines but had differences and toned down for kids. Morbius was a real vampire in the comic instead of sucking plasma lol.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? I misvoted.
    I gotta go with the original '60s one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJV4KqK0LpY
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited August 2017
    Tobey , that train scene in SP2 still the goat...
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    outside of comics I'm going with Tom Holland
    hopefully its not recency bias on my part the best part of the most recent Spider-man flick was how was treated a teenager with teenager problems that happened to be a struggling super-hero. That part of his character has never been explored that well and to that extent in any other medium that i have watched.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited August 2017
    Other
    outside of comics I'm going with Tom Holland
    hopefully its not recency bias on my part the best part of the most recent Spider-man flick was how was treated a teenager with teenager problems that happened to be a struggling super-hero. That part of his character has never been explored that well and to that extent in any other medium that i have watched.

The 90s cartoon covered that well but they let the character grow up unlike the movies. Spiderman been a grown man in the comics for years. Being a teenager has not defined him since the 60s.

The movies lack progression after the original trilogy. The best Spiderman stories were when he became an adult and veteran.

Also the original trilogy did a good job of showing him struggle with his regular life and superhero persona. Watch them again. There was always a conflict.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what generation y'all ? are from. But if you missed that Spiderman or that X-men on Saturday morning back in the day, don't eem bother coming to school on Monday morning.