If You F** With Fairs Or Carnivals, Check This Out

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
One dead and seven hurt when ride called 'The Fireball' started shaking and then broke, throwing people into the air at Ohio State Fair as bystanders screamed at operator to slow it down
'It started normal, everything started normal, and then it started shaking. It was shaking real bad,' Devray Williams told ABC 6 on Wednesday.

She said that the girl next to her also started to say her seat was shaking just moments before Devray watched the woman go flying off into the air when the machine snapped.

An emotional Devray then said through tears: 'And then the dude hit the ground. He wasn't breathing. None of them was, it was like five people. Nobody was breathing and then they came and tried to give him CPR but nothing was happening.'

The young man who lost his life at the Ohio State Fair on Wednesday night had just enlisted in the Marines lat week.

Tyler Jarrell, 18, of Columbus, Ohio has been identified by the State Highway Patrol as the young man who was killed while riding The Fireball.

He was thrown into the air when part of the amusement ride snapped and came down with such force that he was killed upon impact.

The tragedy occurred just five days after Tyler posted a photo to his Facebook page which showed him in a Marines Uniform and holding a plaque that read 'United States Navy' and 'Department of the Marine Core.'

His decision to enlist meanwhile came a little over a month after he graduated from Franklin Heights High School in Columbus.

The accident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd8J7X3zHxY

Guy who died:

42BE742700000578-4736496-image-a-50_1501179875810.jpg

His girlfriend (also injured but survived)

42BF18CF00000578-4736496-Keziah_Lewis-a-4_1501181117782.jpg

The Kid Who Recorded It:

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea when i was a kid i got stuck on the ferris wheel out east over for like 3 hours ...never again...and we were at the top while folks on the bottom just climbed down

dam that ? fell all apart
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should rename the ride and call it The Catapult.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight up reminded me of Final Destination.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    She single B)

And soon to be rich
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deez nuggas run unmaintained rides, aint nobody checkin maintenance records

• gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont ? when any rides that get regularly taken apart & put back together
    I'll stick to the Six Flags, Dorney Park & Hershey Park
  • jman252
    jman252 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't do the rides. Ride should have been thoroughly inspected before day one. I only do carnivals and fairs for the food.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad...I saw that same ride at a carnival here last month...I said it looked too extreme for a carnival.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Final Destination VI: The Last Ride......

Because I know not a soul on that ? is gettin' on ? else ever in life! Heart goes out to the families involved. ? gotta be traumatic as ? !
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant believe they opended that fair up next morning business as usual, ? THAT
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only carnival I ? with
    dark_carnival_dc_sm.jpg
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Those carnys are always ? /high/hungover and don't give 2 ? about safety. I read somewhere that the rides almost never pass inspection but aren't inspected enough to get them taken down before stuff like this happens. Won't see me on one of these ever again.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They shut down all the fair rides and that ? still ain't back open. I never ? with the fair rides because it always looked like they let geeks run em. They said lil homie that passed away got thrown up in the air 50 ft. ? down here talkin bout boycott it, I bet the ? I don't. I need that food in my life. I been here my whole life and ain't nobody I heard of ever had nothin like that happen before, literally a one and million chance. It's cold, but logic says it'll be a while before somethin like that happens again. I still ain't ridin no rides tho.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    They shut down all the fair rides and that ? still ain't back open. I never ? with the fair rides because it always looked like they let geeks run em. They said lil homie that passed away got thrown up in the air 50 ft. ? down here talkin bout boycott it, I bet the ? I don't. I need that food in my life. I been here my whole life and ain't nobody I heard of ever had nothin like that happen before, literally a one and million chance. It's cold, but logic says it'll be a while before somethin like that happens again. I still ain't ridin no rides tho.

I always forget you a Columbus ? . O-H...
  • Lefty_
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »

I always forget you a Columbus ? . O-H...

I don't do that ? .....
  • Lefty_
    Options
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just on that ride not even a month ago when the fair was here in Jersey. Never again
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check out the documentary on the theme park nicknamed 'class action' theme park due to how dangerous it was.