SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights (wk 16) * the ITs...JOHN battle royal addition *

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in The Reason
Welcome ladies and Gents, you are now tuned in to the Best song battle zone on the net. Vote for which ones Y'all like. Imagine these songs are all on different radio stations at the same time while you are driving, which song are you gonna listen to in its entirety?

So Troy is going for 8 weeks today! Yal know what that means, every 4th and 8th week we see if the Champ is Thorough enough to beat multiple songs. This is the second week of my two weeks where I've "handed the keys over" to another site member. Last week was so interesting that I'm thinking about have two guess site members per champ to have them come do random weeks where they send me a song they want and I'll put it against the champ for them. Only two times per champ tho because this is still my ? and I have to take a shot at the champ for at least 8 of the 10 weeks (if it makes it to 10). So if Troy wins today I will be back next week. Troy win next week then week 10 is one more challenger, and Troy will have to earn it that day because I have a song that I truly think should be it's toughest yet in mind. But that's down the line, Troy may not make it past today truthfully so without further ado, let's start this five car collision shall we

In this corner we have the champ Troy!!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BONgL61snlM

And in this corner we have Ice Cube with it was a good day!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q
In this third corner we have Notorious Big with a Story to tell
https://youtu.be/amRSH_NWEFA

And in this forth corner we have Souls of Mischief with 93 til Infinity!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjw#

And lastly but not leastly we have Nas back to take another ? at Pete & CL holding only "One Mic"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5W1GAUwQMs

Vote or die y'all!!!

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights (wk 16) * the ITs...JOHN battle royal addition * 25 votes

Troy
28%
a_listdalyricalbanditdouble0sugeBDBIIDits....JOHN B5 Grandbartek420 7 votes
It was a good day
48%
*~queenbee~*leftcoastkevbigbird_1StewfranknittiIbexT. SanfordBetaHerbalVaporCapersbck145TheGOATRevolver Ocelot 12 votes
Story to tell
4%
achewon87 1 vote
93 till infinate
4%
CoolJoe 1 vote
One mic
12%
5th LetterBuilt 4 cuban linxLouis Devinear 3 votes
? i dont know, you put me in a bind
4%
DR. JEK 1 vote

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good day
    tumblr_n85qyiIacw1txufzyo1_500.gif
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    I'm fine with this but that was a question not my actual selections so I could narrow it down, I wanted to get Pac-Pain in there but it's all good Troy taking an L still
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    I'm fine with this but that was a question not my actual selections so I could narrow it down, I wanted to get Pac-Pain in there but it's all good Troy taking an L still

I just rolled wit it bro lol

It was very important to me that it was as outta my hands as possible.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    One mic
    I was kinda hoping that Troy would've gotten retired but it ain't making out of this round.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    I Got A Story To Tell is a close second
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One mic
    This shot was hard to decide. Every song posted had a huge impact on the culture.

Every song fire.

But ONE Mic is just beautifully orchestrated hip hop straight through. Not a knock to the other tracks but ONE Mic is that joint.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    I had to vote I don't know

It's not a cop out if it's the truth and Props to @its....JOHN B for the choices. To me it's a hard one between One Mic, It was a Good day and Troy. I swear I like the three of those almost equally. Ultimately don't think it's Nas or Cube's best songs but I like them enough relative to the choices for this to be a hard ass decision
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    Still T to the R O Y
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good day
    Momma cooked a breakfast with no hog...
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Weird that Biggie hasn't gotten a vote yet.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    DR. JEK wrote: »

I think they picked the wrong Biggie song.

Juicy or One More Chance (Remix) would have gotten more votes.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story to tell

Done. Maybe the only vote lol...
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good day
    Should stick to 1 on 1.

If Good Day win, and it should, Good Day vs I Got a Story to Tell, or One Mic, or 93 would've been a nice matchup next. Especially if you ain't bring songs back.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good day

It's not a cop out if it's the truth and Props to @its....JOHN B for the choices. To me it's a hard one between One Mic, It was a Good day and Troy. I swear I like the three of those almost equally. Ultimately don't think it's Nas or Cube's best songs but I like them enough relative to the choices for this to be a hard ass decision

Its a cop out

If they all on the radio at the same time a decision must be made

What? You gone turn off the radio?
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Its a cop out

If they all on the radio at the same time a decision must be made

What? You gone turn off the radio?

Yeah I almost wrote turn the radio off believe it or not.

But check it out, since that vote I've had time to think about it and now to be honest, if they was on the radio same time or I had to make a gun to my head decision, I probably would keep it on whatever station playing Good day. So I guess Ice Cube wins for me. Tough one tho. And 93infinite and Story to tell are all dope songs too but probably just one level below those other three I had to think about.
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    We need more votes to come in

We had like 50 million votes last week so now I'm not excepting no 18 votes total when Troy just barely won last week and got 19 votes by its self so upping!!
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Should stick to 1 on 1.

If Good Day win, and it should, Good Day vs I Got a Story to Tell, or One Mic, or 93 would've been a nice matchup next. Especially if you ain't bring songs back.

Well JOHN told me a while back I should stick to multiple songs. I told him I wasn't gonna go every week thinking of multiple challengers but it's only the forth and eighth week this gets done bro. Each champ if they keep winning gets 8 one on ones so that's plenty. I actually like what JOHN did where we repped the east Coast Oakland and LA here.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    Pain vs It was a good day would be a good one next week
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good day
    .....and the remix!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Troy
    Hell of a run
  • DR. JEK
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well OK then

It looks like we have a new champion! I have some mixed feelings about it because I'm glad a west coast rapper was able to get love on here, but since Troy didn't lose on weeks I thought it shoulda lost I guess I was low key rooting for Troy to hold on because I had a match-up I really wanted to see week ten. I was even thinking about putting Troy vs an easy work song next week if it survived this. But from a real prospective if we all are true to hip hop "It was a good day" deserved to win. I even had to tell @TheGOAT that's what station I woulda left the radio on after further review.

Props to Pete Rock and CL Smooth for being our greatest champion to date. They had an unbelievable damn run man and was within a hair of hall of fame. They have now set the new standard and future champs will be hard pressed to do what they did so much respect! Thank you to all the voters the last two weeks. I'm seeing this thread Series going beyond what it first was week one when it was Triump against Hail Mary. I will be back next week to start taking my weekly Cracks at Ice Cube and will let a few of you take a ? at him too down the road . I have a nice song I wanna see it go against but I wanna wait till atleast week 3 for that. The song I was gonna put against Troy maybe I'll save for Good day if it can win nine more weeks. We will see.

Thanks everybody!