THE OFFICIAL 2017/2018 ATLANTA FALCONS THREAD

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanilla offense

Matt Ryan is also back to calling plays again this season. Remember that while everyone blames the OC.

I personally think Sark needs to go the Shanny route, be an ? and take complete control of the offense.

I guess that make sense why Free not getting more touches these last few weeks
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Duke Riley will undergo knee surgery this week, according to multiple sources. The Atlanta Falcons rookie linebacker suffered meniscus damage. No immediate timetable for Riley's return although such surgeries typically call for four weeks recovery. The Falcons can bring back LaRoy Reynolds (chest) from injured reserve soon, with Reynolds back practicing. Converted safety Kemal Ishmael replaced Riley during Sunday's loss to Patriots and tackled well.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Spoon resigned

I'm guessing he's going to replace Duke. They play the same position. His leadership wont hurt either. We need it
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2017
    Offense looks a little better. Still got some work to do. Defense still winning our games.

Edit: Matt Bosher should be the player of the game.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Cant believe the Panthers traded away Benjamin.

Ready to see if the Birds can build on the game from Sunday. I believe we win if we can score 21 points.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Should've made him a TE.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    The rainy game isn't a fair one to rate the offense. I did like what I saw a few times though. It seems like they're two or three games away from getting back right. I'm good with the defense. Tru could be better.
  • numbaz...80's baby
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know how to explain this ? anymore
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Lol still got some time
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Cant believe the Panthers traded away Benjamin.

Ready to see if the Birds can build on the game from Sunday. I believe we win if we can score 21 points.

Smh...... That's all we needed. When Matt Ryan missed Julio on the first deep ball, then Julio dropped it the second time I knew we were done. Those 2 plays sum up our season. We are a talented but average team right now. Probably gonna take an off-season to get us back to where we wanna be.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I’m good with our defensive effort for the most part. That 200 yards rushing is inflated by Cam.

Statistically we still a top 10 offense (#6) in yardage but for whatever reason we not getting the ball in the end zone. ? is exasperating
  • ya boi g
    I think the Falcons issues mostly go back to coaching. Team looks poorly coached at times with the penalties(Both sides of the ball) and questionable play calling. I took up for the Sark hire but honestly in the back of my head I didnt like the hire. He makes a couple calls a game that has me scratching my head. I cant remember the last time Tevin Coleman caught a pass and I still dont know why he gets the ball on short yardage plays like that 3rd and 1 yesterday. Sark just looks like he is in way over his head. Biggest question is if Quinn will stick with Sark for another year or admit his mistake and find another OC.

Defensively we have been making a lot of mental mistakes. Seem like every game we get hit with a couple penalties because of late hits. Other than that I like what I have been seeing from the defense. Defense gave the O back the ball twice yesterday after creating turnovers and they only got 3 points.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    This team is built/paid to rely on the offense. This young defense is built to do exactly what they've been doing. Cover 3, bend but don't break and create a few turnovers. We got dam near 400 million dollars between 4 players on offense and we can't score but 17 funky ass points. The ? is a joke.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    More than 17 points.

Defense only allowed 7. That's the squad I'm used to seeing.
  • ya boi g
    Falcons had a complete game for the first time all year yesterday. Defense played great yesterday and probably would have blanked Dallas if it wasnt for that early INT that put Dallas right near the goal line. They missed that left tackle more than they missed Elliott yesterday.

Offense looked good. Sark finally stopped running Coleman right up the middle. Hooper and Taylor Gabriel both had solid games. Good to see the ball get spread around. We also finally scored a 3rd qtr touchdown, smh...

I think we can beat up on Seattles OLine next week. Gonna be a tough game though. Monday night in Seattle, especially minus Freeman who might miss a couple games after his second concussion. We can probably win Monday night if the Falcons can manage to score 17-20 points. Im not afraid of Seattles offense.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Great game

My only concern is Trufant. Dez was owning that ? . Alford had to be switched over to defend him and shut his ass down.

That bothers me, paying Tru too much for that. It should be the other way around.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2017
    I gotta ? work Monday night. We goin kick their ass though

Tough out here but we need to beat Seattle and the Vikings for Wildcard tiebreakers and go 3 & 5 with the rest of the division games.

Seattle is playing their backup LT as well. Clayborn just needs 2 Sacks for his million dollar bonus. Need him to eat
  • numbaz...80's baby
  • ya boi g
    Good game. It shouldn't have been that close but I will take it. Defense was a little shaky in this one but they made a couple big plays. Sark getting better every week. At this point last year we was 6-4, we beat the Bucs this week we gonna be in good shape.

We need Freeman back soon. I wasn't to happy about what I saw from Coleman last night. Ward should get more carries going forward if Freeman gonna miss more time.
  • ya boi g
    Falcons cut Collins. Not surprised but I thought he might hang on the roster until the end of the year.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    I only caught the second half. It seemed like Seattle blitzed on every down. Matt handled it well. Coleman struggled but Ward stepped up. I want to see more out of Julio. He made some great catches. He's just not looking like the Julio I know. Sanu for 7 million is a steal. That boy is solid.

Vic Beasley doesn't need to be a QB spy ever again. It's kind of disturbing how Quinn let him struggle for so long. He needs to be pass-rushing. Jones saved the game with his ankle tackle. Grady Jarrett....We goin have to pay that man. Probably more than we're paying Poe. Takk got another sack. Good to see...Clayborn stil bringing pressure. A beast.

Him, Upshaw, and Shelby were great FA pickups. Loved seeing Tru bounce back. Keanu is that ?
  • ya boi g
    I only caught the second half. It seemed like Seattle blitzed on every down. Matt handled it well. Coleman struggled but Ward stepped up. I want to see more out of Julio. He made some great catches. He's just not looking like the Julio I know. Sanu for 7 million is a steal. That boy is solid.

Vic Beasley doesn't need to be a QB spy ever again. It's kind of disturbing how Quinn let him struggle for so long. He needs to be pass-rushing. Jones saved the game with his ankle tackle. Grady Jarrett....We goin have to pay that man. Probably more than we're paying Poe. Takk got another sack. Good to see...Clayborn stil bringing pressure. A beast.

Him, Upshaw, and Shelby were great FA pickups. Loved seeing Tru bounce back. Keanu is that ?

Co-Sign

I wanna see Ward get the majority of the carries while Freeman is out. Hes better at running between the tackles IMO....

I was just telling everybody this Monday night. Grady Jarrett is having a hell of a year. Probably need to draft someone big to replace Poe and give Jarrett that money.

And Vic Beasley needs to just rush the passer. Im guessing we gonna see less of him at LB when Duke Riley comes back. I hope so at least.

• numbaz...80's baby
    edited November 2017
    Tampa twice
    NO Twice
    Vikings @ Home
    Carolina @ Home

It's tough out here but it can be done.

4-2
  • ya boi g
    I think we going 5-1 over the last 6 if the O keeps getting better. I think we sweeping the Bucs, Beating Carolina and the Vikes at home and splitting with N.O.