Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got ATL-10 on my card against TB
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crab leg man not playing today? Need to take care of business and win these division games.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Good game. They beat the Bucs like I expected so im feeling pretty good going forward. Game still got a little to close for comfort late but im not to worried. If Our 3rd string RB doesnt fumble at the 5 we go up 34-13 and the game is over. Hopefully we get freeman back for the Vikes because we gonna need him

Defense played well after that first drive. To many injuries though, and that probably contributed to the late rally by the Bucs. I like Neal but he gotta get his head up and see what he hitting. I knew Tru was hurt after that play. Dont know what happen to Poole, hopefully he will be back. Good to see Alford go back out there after missing a couple plays. Just hoping everybody back cause we have two games coming up that we need and the Aints game gonna be on short rest.

Offense looked good again. Im starting to see plays that reminds me of last year. Looking like Sark starting to figure out how to use everybody. Im not seeing those runs up the middle for Coleman anymore. And we got to see what happens when we feed Julio. A lot of that was on Mike Smith though for not doubling Julio the entire game, especially after the first half when Julio was already killing them. That move he put on that DB for his second TD was nasty
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No Tru or Poole

Per Tiffany Blackmon - Brian Poole will not play today with a back injury.

If true that is not good at all. Cause only CBs we have right now our Alford, Wreh-Wilson and Goodwin that are available. That means expect to see Allen play some CB today.

Next man up
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No Tru or Poole

Per Tiffany Blackmon - Brian Poole will not play today with a back injury.

If true that is not good at all. Cause only CBs we have right now our Alford, Wreh-Wilson and Goodwin that are available. That means expect to see Allen play some CB today.

Next man up

They were definitely missed

And Julio got yoked but I still expected better than field goals with the way we moved the ball
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    No TDs bro....inexcusable

gq1brnee9ka2.jpg
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    The Rush....

Time to put up or ? . Rise Up!

6u6cfsho0khv.jpg

• ya boi g
    Options
    That was a sloppy game last night........ But a W is a W. Right where we were last year at this time
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Julio let them ? frustrate him. Truthfully, I didn't like what I seen. Their secondary was holding all dam game. That roughing the passer was a weak ass call. Peyton was still pouting like a little btch though.

Free was eating. Glad to have him back. I hope TeCo is okay. Only 1 of those 3 interceptions was Matt's fault. He still needs to do a lot better. The 1st thing he needs to do is put a stop to the outside zone playaction. Going to get killed out there. Every team fishes that ? out now.

Defense won the game again bro. I've been saying that all season. I want to see more out of Vic.

I predicted a 10-6 record.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Gabriel needs touches
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Julio let them ? frustrate him. Truthfully, I didn't like what I seen. Their secondary was holding all dam game. That roughing the passer was a weak ass call. Peyton was still pouting like a little btch though.

Free was eating. Glad to have him back. I hope TeCo is okay. Only 1 of those 3 interceptions was Matt's fault. He still needs to do a lot better. The 1st thing he needs to do is put a stop to the outside zone playaction. Going to get killed out there. Every team fishes that ? out now.

Defense won the game again bro. I've been saying that all season. I want to see more out of Vic.

I predicted a 10-6 record.

The one when he threw to Hooper wasn’t his fault but the other two throwing to Julio were terrible throws.

First one was probably a timing route because he threw it while Julio was still engaged with Lattimore, and not even looking. Never even went through any progression on that play.

That 2nd one... I can’t even...
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    That 1st Julio pick....

Matt was trying to force a pass interference call because their secondary was holding on every play. The way Julio responded, going towards the sidelines, he was yelling at the sidelines like it was a ? playcall. That's why I didn't put it on Matt. I put that on the coaches. Rewatch Julio after that play. Not a word was said to Matt. He was ? off at the coaches though.

You could argue both
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 1st one like Numbaz said was Matt trying to draw a flag, the 2nd one was a Hooper drop and the 3rd one was a good idea (Julio 1 on 1) just a horrible throw.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 1st one like Numbaz said was Matt trying to draw a flag, the 2nd one was a Hooper drop and the 3rd one was a good idea (Julio 1 on 1) just a horrible throw.

No QB in the nfl throws a pass to draw a flag.

That makes no sense
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    If the point was to draw a flag, Matt still ? up because Julio never got out his break. He was still within that 5 yards.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

That makes no sense

Wtf?? That ? happens all the time, if nobody's open you throw in the area where you think there's a hold or PI
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That makes no sense

Wtf?? That ? happens all the time, if nobody's open you throw in the area where you think there's a hold or PI

Lmao

Ima let you have this one bruh
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2017
    Options

That makes no sense

Lmao

Ima let you have this one bruh

QBs do try to force pass-interference calls bro.

Its a fact...It's not an opinion

If the point was to draw a flag, Matt still ? up because Julio never got out his break. He was still within that 5 yards.

5 yard rule is negated if the ball is in the air.

What I seen was the secondary holding again. Julio frustrated by that and gave up on the route. Julio was ? off at the coaches for a ? route. Matt seen that Julio was being held so he threw it for a pass interference call.

There was no call because Julio stopped running his route because he was ?
  • ya boi g
    Options
    QB's will throw a pass to get a call, ? happens all the time. Matt should have never thrown that ball though, or he should have thrown it at Julio feet.

The 3rd INT Ryan says he meant to throw it high to give Julio a chance to make a play. Terrible throw......Hopefully he got that ? out his system with 3 big games coming up.

Looking like we may go 2-1 over the next 3. I predicted a split with N.O so im sticking to that. I believe we beat TB and Carolina at home. 10-6 should get us in the playoffs as long as Seattle loses another game or the Rams slide.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Falcons finally gonna stop playing Vic Beasley at LB. I hate when he dropping into coverage. He looked uncomfortable trying to make tackles. Let him rush the passer and put Takk on the other side. Takk looks better rushing from the right side as oppose to the left. I not sure but id bet most if not all of Takks 5 sacks have came from the right side.

From Falcoholic......

The Vic Beasley-at-linebacker experiment appears to be drawing to a close, for better or for worse. With the team getting a healthy, performing corps of linebackers back on the field, they’re ready to get Beasley closer to the line of scrimmage and back to doing what he should do best: Rushing the passer.

What Quinn is actually suggesting here, though, isn’t quite so straightforward. On one hand, yes, the Falcons are clearly going to play Beasley less at linebacker and give those snaps to De’Vondre Campbell, giving him more time at defensive end. On the other hand, it’s an open question as to whether Vic is actually going to get more pass rushing snaps, or whether he’ll be any more effective doing so than he has been.

vaughn mcclure
    @vxmcclure23
    Dan Quinn said Vic Beasley Jr. has had less rushing opportunities to get sacks because he's asked Beasley to do a lot more with dropping into coverage. Quinn expects to feature Beasley more as a rusher moving forward the rest of the season with Duke... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40012539-4

12:24 PM - Dec 14, 2017
    11 11 Replies 27 27 Retweets 47 47 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    As many have noted, Vic Beasley did not actually spend all that many snaps dropping back into coverage, though it was apparent when he did. The bigger issue with the switch is that it did not lead to increased pass rushing production, and while Beasley could be a tremendous linebacker over the long haul, you’re wasting his best skill if you’re not having him chase quarterbacks. No matter how crowded your rotation at defensive end might be.

In many ways, 2016 was a bit of a curse for Beasley, who had a tremendous season but feasted on weak tackles and put up numbers that virtually ensured his 2017 sack total would be viewed as a disappointment. Beasley’s still generated lots of good pressure, but he’s had some weak games and hasn’t quite closed out a few sacks, which means his overall numbers look very disappointing compared to last year. Such are the hot-and-cold fortunes of many a pass rusher, and Beasley looks like he’ll be streakier than most when it comes to putting up sacks.

So the net effect of this move is not likely to be gobs of sacks, unfortunately. No matter what Beasley does to close out the year, he’ll get some criticism for not coming close to his 15.5 sack effort last year. If he can close out the season on a high note and build some momentum for the (hopefully) inevitable playoff run, though, we’ll all have plenty to celebrate.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/12/15/16778196/the-falcons-intend-to-have-vic-beasley-focus-on-rushing-the-passer-over-the-final-three-games