#NoConfederate?????

Options
bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
Basically the producers of game of thrones are planning an alternate reality show on hbo based on the south winning the civil war....

There is a protest on social media....

So that we don't ever have to see ? like this again....

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/noconfederate-let-hbo-know-their-tone-deaf-show-has-g-1797364934

https://youtu.be/EKGc9qQH4KQ

#NoConfederate????? 28 votes

no harm with depicting alternative history
39%
ShuffingtonlamontbdcNCswagIdiopathic Jokeratribecalledgabi[Deleted User]AggieLean.ThaNubianGodSandinistaHulk803Fresh91 11 votes
Non fiction on this topic, cacs don't know how to act
60%
5th Letterbambulord nemesisfortyacresJusDre313obnoxiouslyfreshdnyce215Swiffness!Already Home_17Ajackson17goldenjaTrillfateBenjaminESplackavellionetoughmiracleluke1733808HiLife808 17 votes

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol I ain't watching that ?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So blacks remained slaves.

Thats all i got
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? looks unreal. They really putting that ? out ?

The backlash better be legendary. ? look offensive as hell.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'd watch. It'll be interesting to see their take on what ifs
  • bambu
    edited July 2017
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

The backlash better be legendary. ? look offensive as hell.

They haven't made the series yet....

The protest is for HBO to stop development....

The clip is from the movie c.s.a....

It is real...

And a black guy made it....

yj4p3azscex8.jpg

https://youtu.be/exnwTWfFRM8

An old professor showed it in class....

I hated that ? , but appreciate that he did....

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd love to see a role reversal series along similar lines.

But only with black people as slave owners and white people as slaves.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Looks like a rednecks Power

Unless this is some sort of alternate reality that black dynamite falls into im not interested.

giphy.gif
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That clip in OP has nothing to do with it. Game of Thrones creators said Confederate is their next show, current America where the confederacy won and slavery exists. #Noconfederate is part of the backlash to the idea. They haven't written it yet just announced that's what they wanna do on HBO
  • bambu
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    That clip in OP has nothing to do with it. Game of Thrones creators said Confederate is their next show, current America where the confederacy won and slavery exists. #Noconfederate is part of the backlash to the idea. They haven't written it yet just announced that's what they wanna do on HBO

I already said this....

The clip in the op is from another movie where the confederates won and slavery exists....

Its called c.s.a.....

Same idea...

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    North and South Carolina, Missouri living this
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is their response to "There are no black people in Game of Thrones".
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a TV show, who cares. I'm wondering how they change World history though. Like the World Wars, Cold War, technology and so on.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea tbh I wasn't really mad about this when I heard about it
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    This is there response to "There are no black people in Game of Thrones".

Grey Worm, Missandei, Xharo Xhoan Daxos... there's not a lot but then again we've never seen the Summer Isles or Sothos.

Slaves

I wonder what they will have in common with the people in this new series.
  • bambu
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's a TV show, who cares. I'm wondering how they change World history though. Like the World Wars, Cold War, technology and so on.

Birth of a nation was just a movie....

I'm just really hearing about this.....

I don't watch a lot of t.v. but do watch HBO, boxing, vice, and most of their series are good....

But, I just don't like them giving these cacs any ideas, or a platform for white nationalists....

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Joe Rogan was just talking about this on his podcast. He equated it to man in the high castle LOL
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man in the high castle.
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outrage over this is ? stupid. Alternate history is a very popular genre in science fiction. Man in the High Castle is on right now and it's GOAT....I don't see any Jews losing their ? over this.

It's not like they're gonna depict the Confederates as heroes. I guarantee you 110% it'll be a dystopia where the enslaved blacks are the protagonists. If anything this show will make rednecks and Confederate supporters mad as hell because it will show the terrible nation that would be born if they had won.

I swear these SJWs today just look for ? to get pissy about at a molecular level. Spoiled first world liberals. Don't know what hardship really is so they gotta manufacture fake ass causes.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Outrage over this is ? stupid. Alternate history is a very popular genre in science fiction. Man in the High Castle is on right now and it's GOAT....I don't see any Jews losing their ? over this.

It's not like they're gonna depict the Confederates as heroes. I guarantee you 110% it'll be a dystopia where the enslaved blacks are the protagonists. If anything this show will make rednecks and Confederate supporters mad as hell because it will show the terrible nation that would be born if they had won.

I swear these SJWs today just look for ? to get pissy about at a molecular level. Spoiled first world liberals. Don't know what hardship really is so they gotta manufacture fake ass causes.

The Jews situation is different from the US black situation. What happened to the Jews did not effect all of them. What happened during slavery still effects every black person in this country. You made a bad comparison.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Isn't there a show out about what if the nazis won WWII?

EDIT: nvm yall already brought it up
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The confidence in Hollywood story telling is too high in here. I'm all for Freedom Of Speech, so I won't say what they can't make. But ? defending anything else of this.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't there a show out about what if the nazis won WWII?

Yeah but they're not trying to market that show in Israel. I addressed that on another site....

I've gotten big into reading Alternate History the past couple years so I'm gonna copy and paste what I posted on AlternateHistory.com:

"I feel deeply uneasy about this. I love Alternate History (obviously), but I am really really not looking forward to a show that is - in part - gonna be very much about watching black people get whipped and beaten and ? and killed by Slave Masters. Especially considering that D & D.B love "SHOCK VALUE™" and have all the subtlety of a fluorescent green sledgehammer. This is a tightrope walk that can turn into a flaming shitwreck 100 different ways.

Its the difference between The Man in the High Castle and a Nazis Win TV series that spends half of its time in Poland. Do you think Jews or Poles would be eager to see the latter in gory HD detail? Yeah.

Also not looking forward to a bunch of fictional characters that WILL become heroes to racist white supremacist dirtbags everywhere. From /pol/ memes to user names in comment sections.....ugh. Couldn't they just do WW3 instead?"

the last point is what really does it for me......racist cacs watching the same way Italians watch The Sopranos or Blacks watch The Wire, they gonna have a bunch of favorite racist slaveowners that have memorable quotes and badass moments and ? ......no matter how they try to spin it, these slick ? gonna create White Supremacist heroes & role models
    7figz wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    That clip in OP has nothing to do with it.
    bambu wrote: »
    The clip in the op is from another movie where the confederates won and slavery exists....

Spike Lee helped distribute that film. Its a Mockumentary. At one point they show a commercial for a alternate version of COPS that chase Runaway Slaves.

• BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we need to have a show where they show a future without Jews lets see that happen
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id watch, itd be interesting, and im bout 99% sure that the slave owners or whatever are not gonna be the good guys of the show, shitll probley be blacks fighting back and trying to ? things up