Breakfast Club & Comedian Lil Duval Gettin Heat For Interview Question About Trannies

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mddNgZGVTLs

‘I don’t care, she dying’: Comedian Lil Duval says he would ? a sexual partner if he learned she was a transgender woman
... But was he joking when he told an immensely popular radio show over the weekend that he would ? a sexual partner if he found out she was a transgender woman? It sure didn’t seem that way. And now he and his interviewers are facing backlash from critics who say he encouraged violence against transgender women.

On Friday, Lil Duval (a.k.a. Roland Powell) sat down with the “Breakfast Club,” a New York-based variety talk show known for its edgy, sometimes profane interviews with celebrities, hip-hop artists and the occasional politician (yes, Hillary Clinton once made an appearance).

About six minutes into the segment, host Charlamagne Tha ? (a.k.a. Leonard Lenard McKelvey) asked Lil Duval how he felt about President Trump’s proposal last week to ban transgender troops from serving in the military.

Lil Duval said, in effect, he didn’t care. “I’m just doing my thing. Shout out to all the trannies out there,” he said, using what is often considered a slur for transgender people. His interlocutors giggled at the remark.

At that point, one of the hosts asked him what he would do if he started dating and having sex with a woman and found out later in the relationship that she was a transgender woman.

“This might sound messed up, but I don’t care, she dying,” Lil Duval said.

The hosts pushed back on the comment. “That’s a hate crime, you can’t do that,” Charlamagne told him.

“I can’t deal with that,” Lil Duval responded, growing visibly agitated by the question. “No, you manipulated me to believe in this thing. My mind, I’m ? now.”

“I can’t live with that, bro,” he continued. “This would never happen if this never happened. So you don’t have to worry about me killing nobody.”

Charlamagne cut back in, saying he believed a transgender woman who didn’t disclose to her partner that she was born male “should go to jail” or “some charges should be pressed.”

Lil Duval agreed. “There should be some kind of repercussions for that if you do that to somebody,” he said. “Until then, I’m going to have my own repercussions.”

Throughout the conversation, Lil Duval was unambiguous about his feelings. When one of the hosts told him he “can’t go around killing transgenders,” Lil Duval seemed only to double down on his position.

“If one did that to me and they didn’t tell me, I’m going to be so mad I’m probably going to want to ? them,” he said.

Comedians, he added later, should avoid political correctness: “I can say what I want and do what I want, and people understand where I’m coming from. They know I’m not coming from a place of malice. They know I’m just speaking my mind.”

Clips from the segment quickly went viral. Lil Duval’s name became a trending topic on Twitter over the weekend, and activists launched the hashtags #BoycottBreakfastClub, #TransLivesMatter and #TransFolksAreNotJokes. The remarks drew condemnation from several prominent transgender women, including Laverne ? , known for her recurring role in Netflix’s “Orange Is The New Black.”

“Some folks think it’s ok to joke about wanting to ? us,” ? wrote on Twitter. “We have free speech but that speech has consequences and trans folks are experiencing the negative consequences with our lives. It hurts my spirit cause this isn’t funny. Our lives matter. Trans murder isn’t a joke.”

Others tweeted their outrage as well.

The blowback continued into Sunday. Charlamagne, the “Breakfast Club” host, was speaking on an MSNBC panel at the media and politics convention Politicon in Pasadena, Calif., when a group of transgender advocates approached the stage and began yelling at him.

“The trans community is boycotting the ‘Breakfast Club’ because your music and your ideology reinforces transphobia that kills us,” one person said. “We are not a joke.”

Lil Duval had plenty of defenders on social media, many of them using language not printable here. One user tweeted he “said what any straight man would say.” Lil Duval stayed away from the fracas except for a tweet to his 853,000 followers saying he had heard transgender people were “mad at me.”

The comedian’s comments come at a time of alarming violence against transgender people. According to Human Rights Campaign, at least 15 transgender people have been shot or violently killed so far in 2017, most of them women of color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6dhrL9r08

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? ...whatever
    Trannys though? FOH.

If you deceive people, lie to them, ? with their minds in any way you likely to get hurt. That's just a fact. Trannys need to man up and be secure in who they are.

If you a proud ? then tell the dude you with or suffer the consequences when he find out. I'm not saying ? 'em, I'm saying I understand ? who get played wild'n out.

This^^
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its your life, do whatever. But at least be considerate when you try and bring other people into it, whether casual or serious. Everybody ain't gonna just laugh off the fact that they were getting head or getting ready to ? with a ? that they thought was all woman.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • geeboy
    geeboy Members Posts: 606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the problem with people in this world. Nowhere does it say I have too agree, respect, like, care, our anything else about someone's choices. These ? don't realize they chose to be transgender. At that point I can say whatever I feel about your choice if I feel like it. If you can't take it then maybe you should have made a better choice...

Bottom line that particular situation he was talking bout is cause for a serious beating that if doesn't end in murder will definitely be cause for attempted murder charges...

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a ? (male or female) tricks the opposite sex into sex, shouldn't they basically be described as rapists?

That's a fact

Giving consent to sex with a woman is different that giving consent to a man...especially after being maliciously lied to...it's like somebody spiking your drink and taking your ass...smh...
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? ...whatever
    Trannys though? FOH.

If you deceive people, lie to them, ? with their minds in any way you likely to get hurt. That's just a fact. Trannys need to man up and be secure in who they are.

If you a proud ? then tell the dude you with or suffer the consequences when he find out. I'm not saying ? 'em, I'm saying I understand ? who get played wild'n out.

• onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that this is even a discussion is mind blowing.. Duval is 100% within his rights to feel the way he feels.. And deep down Transexuals know more than anyone. If they try that ? on the wrong one there's a chance they gonna get they muhfuckin head blown off...
  • 7figz
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Congrats on your soon to be multi platinum thread.....

Matter fact, just mod me up and call it a day.

On some Scaramucci ? , for like 10 days, so I could drain the swamp.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

Nope. Not today. Y'all can commiserate in your homophobia and misinformation in peace.
  • 7figz
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »

Nope. Not today. Y'all can commiserate in your homophobia and misinformation in peace.

Damn, and I was really curious to hear how it was homophobic. The "mis-informative" part I get, because the ? would have been guilty of that by not telling him.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehh. It ain't ? hate or a bash against the LGBT community.

I don't know any sane or heterosexual human who would just walk that off. Most deception is met with violence or at the least anger.

The outrage is 'some try it it and see if you like ? '. Not cool LGBT. Not cool

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm not saying he should should ? her/him, but I understand...