Is it fair to say that the gods or our higher power is lazy? Or just incapable?

Comments

• MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evil isn't rewarded it's just the easier path so many walk it.

Evil isn't rewarded throughout history? As if the British Empire and others didn't get fantastically rich off oppression and stealing from other people? The Spanish Empire made a total fortune after obliterating the Native Americans, and this seems to happen over and over again throughout history.

On earth it appears rewarded, but spiritually they are empty vessels with no worth.

Soul will pay the ultimate price. Go to hell when you sell.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

To summarize, you basically just said that everything happens for a reason and to never question ? for those reasons... But that's the difference between religion and simply believing that a higher being exists.

Religion is created to make us feel better about the horrors that this earth is capable of and to not question ? and believe it is all her "plan". but people like me and OP have a hard time believing that there is a reason for children being killed, so we conclude that ? only gives a ? sometimes about some people.

You can question ? all you want. I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect to come to an answer through your limited logic. Again, you're attaching your own human feelings to a discussion about ? 's motivations. You say that children being killed leads you to conclude that ? only gives a ? sometimes about some people. In other words, you're calling him inconsistent. That in itself is illogical because if ? allows kids to die just like he allows adults to die, he's being consistent. ? can give a ? about everybody without feeling the need to save everyone from death. Plus, if you actually believe in ? , then you probably believe in an afterlife. If you do, why do you even necessarily think that kids dying a physical death is a bad thing. If you believe if a paradise after death, then dying as a child shouldn't be seen as something horrible.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    People want ? to be what they want him to be and it does not work that way
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    As many here may already know, I'm not religious, but I tend to believe there is some kind of higher power out there. Lately, I haven't discussed religion with much people because I consider religion to be something of a scam and it seems more and more people are realizing this, but I remain very open to there being some kind of ? or higher power out there. I have flirted with all out atheism before and at times still do, but I can't get around the fact that there seems to be SOME kind of design in the world. As flawed as much of it is......

With that being said, my mom is a nurse and takes care of special needs children. What made me create this thread is that she is now taking care of a 5 year old girl who not only has autism, she was born with a hole in her throat, born a dwarf, cannot speak, and is partially deaf. She needs an oxygen tank at all times. The mother of the girl is a healthy woman who seems responsible, and ironically is somewhat religious. So how the hell does a religious woman give birth to a baby born with all these deformities?

For those who firmly believe or at least think there is a ? /higher power, is it safe to say that ? /the gods are somewhat lazy? Thousands, maybe millions of babies are born with deformities every year, and while I hear some say ? doesn't make mistakes, that clearly isn't the case. Or maybe my expectations of a ? are too high? It just seems weird that our "? " can make so many mistakes in life.

Why is it that you feel that a higher power must make it so there is no negativity in the lives of lower beings? Compared to insects, we are a higher power. Do we go around trying to solve all the problems that insects face?

Well humans didn't create the world, did we? Yeah we pretty much have mastery over every insect and animal on Earth (for the most part), but we didn't create Earth, I'm speaking of powers higher then us that made the world. I know some think the world was created by accident (Big Bang Theory) and who knows maybe that's true, but assuming a ? or higher power made us and the world, yeah I think some would think that whatever made us would create a less hostile world. Or maybe we're just ants in a sandbox in some kind of weird experiment, which seems likely at this point.

I feel blessed in many ways, but I know that too many out there got it really bad, the cases out there in the medical world are pretty horrifying. But don't misunderstand me, I don't expect much of any ? out there anymore, that ship has long sailed.

The bold is a baseless assumption and it's like 99% of the problem you have with godly things. There is absolutely nothing that dictates that a higher power would make a world free of trials and tribulations.

I can understand adults having to face big problems, fine. But little kids too? Come on even that's gotta make you question things.

There's a reason so many people don't even believe in a ? , despite the designs of the world, and the big problems some kids go through is a big reason why. I'm not atheist but I definitely think whatever designed the world could have done a better job in many ways. Or maybe whatever made us was incapable of doing so.

You're thinking like a human being. To a being that's so far above us that we are like ants, the distinction between an adult human and a child human may very well be meaningless. This is why as a Christian, I don't try to guess ? 's motivations for what he does. I take what the Bible gives us and leave it at that. I can say what I think ? should have done in situations, but if he's able to see things from a vantage point that I can't even conceive of, how can I judge his actions?

Interesting how you bring Christianity up here, didn't the Bible ? say we're created "in his image"? So I would expect a little bit more empathy from such a being, unless it thinks the absentee parent role is cool. I kind of rag on Christianity because the Bible gives characteristics to "? " that seem completely false in the reality of the world. Can you admit the Bible ? lied when it said it "loves and cares" for all things? Because if you can admit that, then that would be fair, considering the state of the world.

Otherwise, I agree that whatever ? or higher power that's out there likely is focused on other things, but it could be just as likely that maybe it CANNOT do much here on Earth. Especially since the kind of ? you believe in has completely disappeared and hasn't shown up for a long time, if ever.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017

Evil isn't rewarded throughout history? As if the British Empire and others didn't get fantastically rich off oppression and stealing from other people? The Spanish Empire made a total fortune after obliterating the Native Americans, and this seems to happen over and over again throughout history.

On earth it appears rewarded, but spiritually they are empty vessels with no worth.

Spiritually I agree with you, I couldn't go to sleep at night doing the things Columbus and the other nutjobs of history did.

What's funny about what you said though is that so many people, especially Christians, find a LOT of worth in Columbus. Even in liberal NYC, Columbus has a bunch of places and even some statues named after him. And Earth tends to reward evil behavior, from Genghis Khan to Andrew Jackson, so I wonder sometimes if the spiritual path is even that impactful. The deep spirituality of the Native Americans and the Tasmanians didn't protect them......no gods protected them from those with no real soul or sense of humanity.

I still consider myself to be somewhat spiritual, but I can't help but notice these things.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    sunlord wrote: »

That's obvious, but children USUALLY expect the best out of their parents. They don't expect parents to set up ? traps all across their path in the form of horrible diseases, parasites, genetic deformities (signs of an imperfect ? ?), and hurricanes that drown their brothers and sisters, or their pet cat.

Or should we expect parents to do these things?

• kingblaze84

Soul will pay the ultimate price. Go to hell when you sell.

I sincerely hope you're right....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spiritually I agree with you, I couldn't go to sleep at night doing the things Columbus and the other nutjobs of history did.

What's funny about what you said though is that so many people, especially Christians, find a LOT of worth in Columbus. Even in liberal NYC, Columbus has a bunch of places and even some statues named after him. And Earth tends to reward evil behavior, from Genghis Khan to Andrew Jackson, so I wonder sometimes if the spiritual path is even that impactful. The deep spirituality of the Native Americans and the Tasmanians didn't protect them......no gods protected them from those with no real soul or sense of humanity.

I still consider myself to be somewhat spiritual, but I can't help but notice these things.

It is not meant to protect you from evils, in that you are veiled in a godly bubble that no bad thing can ? . The protection is spiritual/mental. Like buddha or jesus, ever unwavering. Unshakable against the evil's of man.
  • BiblicalAtheist

That's obvious, but children USUALLY expect the best out of their parents. They don't expect parents to set up ? traps all across their path in the form of horrible diseases, parasites, genetic deformities (signs of an imperfect ? ?), and hurricanes that drown their brothers and sisters, or their pet cat.

I don't understand why you don't see parasites as having been given life as equally as anything that has been given life. A deformity is just a body, tho humans are so wrapped up in image a deformity is the most rudest blow from ? but ? might say, it's just a body, is not what it contains infinitely more important?
  • kingblaze84
    LOL oh lord......I'll be back
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Ok I'm prepping to smoke a bowl so just a forewarning my comprehension level is gonna hit the deck.
  • kingblaze84
    Ok I'm prepping to smoke a bowl so just a forewarning my comprehension level is gonna hit the deck.

LMAO.......I'm puffing on my vaporizer soon, so this should be interesting.
  • kingblaze84

It is not meant to protect you from evils, in that you are veiled in a godly bubble that no bad thing can ? . The protection is spiritual/mental. Like buddha or jesus, ever unwavering. Unshakable against the evil's of man.

I certainly respect the premise of this post. I'm sure the Tasmanians and the natives were very brave in the face of pressure, greed and at times ? . But unfortunately, they did break in the end, the natives committed mass suicides when they realized Columbus and his soldiers were winning, and the Tasmanians lost so much hope in the world that they stopped having kids and according to British sociologists, grew very sad at how their way of life was changed.

I definitely hope they're in a better place now, but to a large degree, their hope faded. Native Americans have the highest alcoholic rates up until this day.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017

I don't understand why you don't see parasites as having been given life as equally as anything that has been given life. A deformity is just a body, tho humans are so wrapped up in image a deformity is the most rudest blow from ? but ? might say, it's just a body, is not what it contains infinitely more important?

A body is just a body? Come on madam. If there is a ? looking down on us somewhere, it should know just how important our body is. A HUUUUGE part of who we are is based on our appearance, not completely of course but if you got the Elephant Man disease tomorrow for example, wouldn't your personality change drastically?

I'm sure any ? that made us (assuming that ? is still alive or cares) would understand just how important our physical bodies are. And wait, parasites hold the same value as human life now? Aren't people supposed to be special? If not, then I guess every human on Earth is going to hell, we ? thousands of things every year......otherwise, parasites cause a ton of agony out there in the world and for some STRANGE reason, the universe creates MILLIONS of parasites a year, maybe more. And of course, kids suffer the most from these things, which is what bothers me the most.
  • sunlord

yeah but the child does not know what's best, serious genetic deformities are rare the vast majority of people don't die from strange parasites and believe it or not death is a good thing and trails and tribulations make people stronger. the world is in a sinful fallen state and man is evil so most of our issue don't come from nature but from ourselves on a deeper level mankind with the guidance of Satan literally corrupted the reality ? created

therefore a just ? has to allow some suffering
  • sunlord

A body is just a body? Come on madam. If there is a ? looking down on us somewhere, it should know just how important our body is. A HUUUUGE part of who we are is based on our appearance, not completely of course but if you got the Elephant Man disease tomorrow for example, wouldn't your personality change drastically?

I'm sure any ? that made us (assuming that ? is still alive or cares) would understand just how important our physical bodies are. And wait, parasites hold the same value as human life now? Aren't people supposed to be special? If not, then I guess every human on Earth is going to hell, we ? thousands of things every year......otherwise, parasites cause a ton of agony out there in the world and for some STRANGE reason, the universe creates MILLIONS of parasites a year, maybe more. And of course, kids suffer the most from these things, which is what bothers me the most.

One of the principle messages of the bible is that your body it not as important as it seem to you.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017

yeah but the child does not know what's best, serious genetic deformities are rare the vast majority of people don't die from strange parasites and believe it or not death is a good thing and trails and tribulations make people stronger. the world is in a sinful fallen state and man is evil so most of our issue don't come from nature but from ourselves on a deeper level mankind with the guidance of Satan literally corrupted the reality ? created

For overpopulation checks and balances, I agree death in some ways is a good thing. But the suffering is pretty massive worldwide if you really think about it, I agree most don't die from parasites or deformities, but a huge amount of people do.

Many people are evil for sure, but why allow the innocent children to suffer? A just ? TO ME would not let so many children suffer out here, a truly just ? would at least do something to reduce the massive agony so many children and adults have out there, why should millions of parasites and diseases be created every year? If people are really that bad, then what does that say about our creator? Wouldn't that make ? just as evil, if humans are that bad?

Like I said before, it seems evil gets rewarded in this world, and we didn't make this world.....
  • kingblaze84

One of the principle messages of the bible is that your body it not as important as it seem to you.

But our body is all we have in this world. Take away our brain, and what do we have? Take away our heart, and we're no longer alive. Take away our legs, and we can't walk and life gets really difficult, a bunch of places out there aren't wheelchair accessible.

So I don't understand that premise, without our body, what do we have?
  • sunlord

For overpopulation checks and balances, I agree death in some ways is a good thing. But the suffering is pretty massive worldwide if you really think about it, I agree most don't die from parasites or deformities, but a huge amount of people do.

Many people are evil for sure, but why allow the innocent children to suffer? A just ? TO ME would not let so many children suffer out here, a truly just ? would at least do something to reduce the massive agony so many children and adults have out there, why should millions of parasites and diseases be created every year? If people are really that bad, then what does that say about our creator? Wouldn't that make ? just as evil, if humans are that bad?

Like I said before, it seems evil gets rewarded in this world, and we didn't make this world.....

No it's not massive especially in this time, we live soft and easy lives compared to how people in the past lived, there are over 3 billion people on earth and almost no one dies from parasites and many of those who do only die BECAUSE people in wealthy positions or positions of power HAVE NOT given them the proper medicine or clean water. we ALLOW our fellow man to suffer needlessly and then some of us blame ? for it.

innocent children suffer at the hands of evil men because those men make the choice to do bad things or choose not to do the right thing. You are wrong because in a sense we did make this world, one of the messages of Genesis is that the world was once perfect but we corrupted it and so now we have suffering.... that's a metaphysical message.
  • sunlord

But our body is all we have in this world. Take away our brain, and what do we have? Take away our heart, and we're no longer alive. Take away our legs, and we can't walk and life gets really difficult, a bunch of places out there aren't wheelchair accessible.

NO IT'S NOT. we have our minds and spirit
  • BiblicalAtheist
    I just realized that's probably @zombie
  • kingblaze84

No it's not massive especially in this time, we live soft and easy lives compared to how people in the past lived, there are over 3 billion people on earth and almost no one dies from parasites and many of those who do only die BECAUSE people in wealthy positions or positions of power HAVE NOT given them the proper medicine or clean water. we ALLOW our fellow man to suffer needlessly and then some of us blame ? for it.

innocent children suffer at the hands of evil men because those men make the choice to do bad things or choose not to do the right thing. You are wrong because in a sense we did make this world, one of the messages of Genesis is that the world was once perfect but we corrupted it and so now we have suffering.... that's a metaphysical message.

LOL HAHAHA but we didn't make this world though, Zombie is that you?

How can you say almost no one dies from parasites, do you even watch the news? MANY CHILDREN worldwide die from hostile disease and parasites every day, by the hundreds of thousands and maybe millions a year, often in very painful ways. Plenty of people are trying to help solve these problems, and meanwhile, what is your ? doing, aside from making millions of new parasites and disease each day? Innocent children suffer not just from other people, but mother nature itself. It's very bizarre to me and stop saying humans corrupted the world, we didn't create hurricanes or whatever random parasite you want to think of.
  • kingblaze84

I'm talking about for HERE ON EARTH. If you're in a coma or brain dead, the mind can only go so far.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    I just realized that's probably @zombie

I'm almost certain it's him too, the crazy Jamaican guy. ? help us.
  • sunlord

I'm talking about for HERE ON EARTH. If you're in a coma or brain dead, the mind can only go so far.

if you are in a coma or brain dead you don't have any problems because you won't be conscious of anything.