Netflix's Deathnote

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
8qazpb24zi19.png
I'm like an hour in, so far so good.....

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gon check for this
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    surprisingly good.

like they changed a lot for the adaptation.....

i mean the anime had like a million episodes, and this is a hour and 40 minute movie......

so they had to change a lot, but real talk it was pretty ? awesome....like legit entertaining and for people who never heard of the anime, they gonna think this the wildest ? they ever saw.....

it's been a while since i watched the anime....so it's not super fresh in my head.. but feel they got the jest of it, and put together a nice effort of their own.....

8.5/10
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I like the white version, i dont speak japanese, nor do i eat squid.

Lol. I know you're playing, (at least I hope so) but there is no comparison between the original content and this -- whatever "this" is.

Hollywood never white washes stuff and makes it better. It's ALWAYS worse than the original. You'd think they would've learned to leave well enough alone.

That's why I'm glad that they can't get the U.S version of The Raid off the ground. I hope that ? never gets made.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy gave this a 8.5? FOH
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Summary of the show until L dies as a movie

https://youtu.be/SES2hpAzNc4

I know this is significantly better than the netflix version

Du said the show had a million eps it had like 40 MAX

Ima watch this later and I bet ima give it a 6.5
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrible as an adaptation. Meh as a movie. They really missed the mark on Light and especially L's characters.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Summary of the show until L dies as a movie

https://youtu.be/SES2hpAzNc4

I know this is significantly better than the netflix version

Du said the show had a million eps it had like 40 MAX

Ima watch this later and I bet ima give it a 6.5

There's one season and I think it's 36 episodes.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed the manga, and saw a little of both the anime and live action movie. I'll check this out.
  • Beta
    Options
    Dupac wrote: »
    surprisingly good.

like they changed a lot for t

it's been a while since i watched the anime....so it's not super fresh in my head.. but feel they got the jest of it, and put together a nice effort of their own.....

8.5/10

l40ljcyiwxg8.gif

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ? Du strikes again stick to cartoons inrl cause this ? is just not for you my ?
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? didn't do the anime justice at all. Prolly woulda been better as a series instead of a movie. Dude playing light was horrible lol
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    this ? didn't do the anime justice at all. Prolly woulda been better as a series instead of a movie. Dude playing light was horrible lol

The casting for L was just ? ? I hate this movie
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was pure garbage
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh this ? is a fail.
    At first I thought it was going to be a horror flick on some Final Destination ? , which still would have missed the source material but might have been entertaining.

Then it turned into an all out shitshow.
    L is not L in this movie, he started out as L but then it just unraveled and spun way out of control.
    Light is not Light in this movie, he never even had any real traces of Light. This Turner fella is straight limp and nothing like the calculating and cunning character Light Yagami is.

It even sucks as a movie.
    The soundtrack wasn't even that great either.

The best thing is Willem Dafoe as Ryuk. He nailed it and at least they got Ryuk's love of apples and his chaotic neutrality right.
  • Beta
    Options
    But but Du gave it a 8.5
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Watched it and yeah I agree, the only thing they did right was ryuk but even with him he influenced light to use the book.

Also the end was trash

Bruh why they got lakeith stanfield out here running looking like a ninja? Although I like him getting all these roles. They coulda actually explained how L figured things out a bit better. In the anime he never even finds out who it is

I get that they dont have to follow the anime to a T but it coulda been executed better.

I'll give it a 6. As I watched it I wanted to slap the ? outta du for giving it a score I might give ozark or narcos or something
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L did find out Light was Kira. He was having trouble PROVING it. That was the most interesting part
  • Beta
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    L did find out Light was Kira. He was having trouble PROVING it. That was the most interesting part

Nah I know that but I mean in between L finding out that the murders started out allegedly with his mom's killer and the agents dying there doesn't seem to be anything L said to determine that. Unless that's when I was saying to his dad it was somebody with access to the police database or w/e. But idk man I could be wrong it wasn't that good but since the concept was interesting I finished it
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Watched it and yeah I agree, the only thing they did right was ryuk but even with him he influenced light to use the book.

Also the end was trash

Bruh why they got lakeith stanfield out here running looking like a ninja? Although I like him getting all these roles. They coulda actually explained how L figured things out a bit better. In the anime he never even finds out who it is

I get that they dont have to follow the anime to a T but it coulda been executed better.

I'll give it a 6. As I watched it I wanted to slap the ? outta du for giving it a score I might give ozark or narcos or something

8ZOIs9.gif