Who are the most overrated NFL players?

bow to royalty
bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
Which players in the league do you think just get way too much hype? For me, I think Michael Bennett is the most overrated player, and Dez Bryant is getting added to the list pending this season. Andrew Luck was on here, but he started getting exposed already, so his hype dropped.

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what's the consensus on Joe Haden these days but he's been just an ordinary corner to me for a while.

Randall Cobb ain't all that either. He'd be a run of the mill slot guy if he wasn't catching passes from A Rod.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Gronk.

For the simple fact that the Pats keep on winning every time he gets injured.

Not saying that he aint an all time great TE. Just saying that NE does not need him to win and that kinda makes him overrated.

Throw your flags.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which players in the league do you think just get way too much hype? For me, I think Michael Bennett is the most overrated player, and Dez Bryant is getting added to the list pending this season. Andrew Luck was on here, but he started getting exposed already, so his hype dropped.

Luck getting exposed how? By not having a good offensive line and no running game? Lol ok y'all only see half of what you believe anyway
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Rothilsberger, Drew brees, Joe Flacco, PHilip Rivers, Andrew Luck
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Official Hate Thread
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really want to argue over tom brady?
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Do you really want to argue over tom brady?

I'm a hater!
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    Gronk.

For the simple fact that the Pats keep on winning every time he gets injured.

Not saying that he aint an all time great TE. Just saying that NE does not need him to win and that kinda makes him overrated.

Throw your flags.

was gonna say Gronk for the same reasons.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameis Winston
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pats win regardless if Gronk play but don't mean he's overrated.

Marcus peters. Ppl see the INTs but the yards and TDs he give up is to high and
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Le'veon Bell. Dude is an injury waiting to happen, especially come playoff time. Definitely the new LaDainian Tomlinson.

And I'm a Steelers fan.
  • Shizlansky
    Le'veon Bell. Dude is an injury waiting to happen, especially come playoff time. Definitely the new LaDainian Tomlinson.

And I'm a Steelers fan.

LT is top 5 back of all time.

So how is that a bad thing?
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited August 2017
    Shizlansky wrote: »

And I'm a Steelers fan.

LT is another all around great RB that kept getting hurt in the playoffs. I'm not saying they're not good. Just overrated.
  • Olorun22

And I'm a Steelers fan.

LT is another all around great RB that kept getting hurt in the playoffs. I'm not saying they're not good. Just overrated.

Getting hurt has nothing to do with your skill set... rating a player on being healthy isn t the same as how the player plays
  • Olorun22
    edited August 2017
    How is dez overrated again?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I'm a Steelers fan.

Getting hurt has nothing to do with your skill set... rating a player on being healthy isn t the same as how the player plays

One of the best abilities a player can have is availability.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited August 2017

And I'm a Steelers fan.

Part of being great is staying healthy. That's part of why the greats are that great. You have to be on the battlefield. Skillset doesn't matter if you cant play. Especially when it matters most. ? got all the abilities except availability or durability.

That's like a ? having the best weed for sale, but when you want to buy some, you can never find him. Doesn't matter how good the weed is because you're not smoking it.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited August 2017

And I'm a Steelers fan.

EGG ZACK LEE.
  • Shizlansky
    He had been healthy though.

You don't become a top RB stat wise by missing games though
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited August 2017
    He had been healthy though.

You don't become a top RB stat wise by missing games though

Yea he kills it & manages to stay healthy in the regular season. But when ? get real, he's on the sidelines. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again this upcoming season
  • Olorun22

And I'm a Steelers fan.

We know this but you don't say a player is overrated because he's hurt. You says he's overrated because ie a system player
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Luck getting exposed how? By not having a good offensive line and no running game? Lol ok y'all only see half of what you believe anyway

Luck was so overrated in the beggining that now that he hasn't been able to carry that trash team to the lofty expectations set for him... he's starting to become underrated.

He can easily be a top 3-5 QB
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Patriots win 70 percent of the games when Brady is out. He is the most overrated player ever.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is dez overrated again?

Pending this year. He's coming off back to back seasons with under 1,000 yards, and he's still praised like one of the top receivers in the league.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    white715 wrote: »
    The Patriots win 70 percent of the games when Brady is out. He is the most overrated player ever.

After what he did in a quarter and a half to my team in the Super Bowl I have to humbly disagree. Much as I hate to admit