School me on San Diego

Options
SimplyKrys
SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

A good friend and I have been taking about visiting San Diego next year. I have always wanted to go to Cali and settled on San Diego because it's supposed to have nice weather and great beaches. So for anyone that has been there or lives nearby, what are some nice hotels? what is there to do? how is the club scene? it is a lot of fun? Let me know.

Comments

• englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't help you with your question, but off your username/post history.

I'm sure most of the posts will be sending you to spots you will likely be killed, these threads usually follow that theme with a few good posts in between.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's just trying to visit and wants help guys sheesh
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been to San Diego when I was a kid and I know a few people from there.

Its the same weather every day, 72 degrees. It doesn't get any hotter or colder.

The people are laid back. There's no hectic traffic or crazy people. Everybody is really calm, I guess having 72 degree weather everyday will do that to you.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How bout you get schooled on how to get up out that living situation first.

You are so sassy lately..
  • Kat
    Options
    I lived in San Diego for a year and it was amazing. Weather is fabulous, plenty of sightseeing that is basically free.

Go to the Gaslamp District for the clubs..Pacific Beach is a laid back strip of bars too.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options

There's no need to be an ? .
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    I lived in San Diego for a year and it was amazing. Weather is fabulous, plenty of sightseeing that is basically free.

Go to the Gaslamp District for the clubs..Pacific Beach is a laid back strip of bars too.

If it's anything like Miami I know I'm going to love it. Are drinks expensive?

• SimplyKrys
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Its the same weather every day, 72 degrees. It doesn't get any hotter or colder.

The people are laid back. There's no hectic traffic or crazy people. Everybody is really calm, I guess having 72 degree weather everyday will do that to you.

It would have that effect on me too. That's like permanent spring time. In CT we have some cold ass winters.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    She's just trying to visit and wants help guys sheesh

4794e494f541975a517ce4ef591b7c2e.1000x1000x1.jpg

I ain't even get a GOAT or cosign from that..lol no more
  • Kat
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

If it's anything like Miami I know I'm going to love it. Are drinks expensive?

Depends on the place. There is this place in the Gaslamp called the Star Bar..they got cheap, strong drinks. Perfect for pre-gaming.
  • Kat
    Options
    biyww3g877jm.png

I guess it's Star Club now.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

The people are laid back. There's no hectic traffic or crazy people. Everybody is really calm , I guess having 72 degree weather everyday will do that to you.

You mean jayo felony is the only crip out there? That sumumabitch!
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7u84gpud8o62.png

Jesus, let her live bruh
  • Kat
    Options
    I saw heaven's holy ass while I was in SD..lol
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's coo. u not far from LA if u wanna come hang on a weekend tip. win win
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    SD was cool. They had a really good zoo. ? all over any zoo we have out here in NYC.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    If the LORD tarries you can stop by the Church of Yeshua Ha Mashiach while you are in town! Come and make the House of the LORD a better place!

The best beaches are Mission Beach and Pacific beach. A boardwalk connects the 2. It's about a 3-4 mile long boardwalk. Mission beach has a roller coaster. Lots of restaurants and bars in the Pacific beach area. Further up the coast you have La Jolla. Nice scenic drive that way. Coastal views and nice beaches with less people.

Across the bridge is Coronado. Nice beach over there as well. Just less people.
    Down by the border is Imperial Beach. Hidden gem in it's own way.

Nightlife is Gaslamp, North Park, Pacific Beach. Gaslamp is downtown. That's where most of the action is at. Might even catch me down there street preaching if the LORD tarries. Amen.

Nice hotels is the Hotel Del Coronado. Doesn't get any nicer than that in San Diego.

But downtown is a good place to stay and hotel circle in Mission Valley. All the normal chain hotels are located in both spots. You can also do an Airbnb. Rent out a place for however long you are here. It's better. I use to rent my spot out near downtown. If you go that route look in the Golden Hills, North Park, Downtown area. Its central to everything. Public transport if you need to use that as well.

I'm born and raised here so if you need any help, hit me up. ? bless you. Amen.

Thank you! are the hotels really nice out there?
  • Coded Universe
    Coded Universe Members Posts: 15
    Options
    San Diego is pretty dope, Oakland is underrated and LA is OVERRATED
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    San Diego is pretty dope, Oakland is underrated and LA is OVERRATED

Being that I have never been to Cali at all I'd probably find LA to be amazing because it would be a new destination. I just recently started traveling last year. I'm trying to go to as many places as possible within the next 2-3 years.
  • Coded Universe
    Coded Universe Members Posts: 15
    Options
    Being that I have never been to Cali at all I'd probably find LA to be amazing because it would be a new destination. I just recently started traveling last year. I'm trying to go to as many places as possible within the next 2-3 years.

You might I was thoroughly dissapointed. My friends were not impressed either, when we say the Hollywood walk of fame that pretty much summed up our trip