JOE B SAYS CAMRON IS THE REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH & CAM'S THE REASON THEY LISTEN TO THEM

Options

Comments

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Wayne was a platinum artist in 99 with the block is hot but these ? finna sit here and say Santana was more popular? I tell u smh

So you sayin Wayne has been one of the most popular artists since 99? Stop it bro

He was in a platinum group and was a solo platinum solo artist before a dipset or santana was heard of homie

That's like saying Tony Yayo was better than Joey Badass at a certain point bec he was in a platinum group before he came on the scene

Wayne was also the best person in Cash money.

No sir...... During the old Hot boys days Juvenile, & BG>>>>>>>>>>Wayne...... Hell personally, I ? wit Turk more than Wayne during that era. I always felt like Wayne was overhyped before Carter 1 & Carter 2.
  • moyo
    Options
    GTFOH
    Beta wrote: »
    Wayne was a platinum artist in 99 with the block is hot but these ? finna sit here and say Santana was more popular? I tell u smh

So you sayin Wayne has been one of the most popular artists since 99? Stop it bro

He was in a platinum group and was a solo platinum solo artist before a dipset or santana was heard of homie

That's like saying Tony Yayo was better than Joey Badass at a certain point bec he was in a platinum group before he came on the scene

That's not saying much

Man shut yo dickridin Troy Ave for justice ass up!!! lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    moyo wrote: »

No sir...... During the old Hot boys days Juvenile, & BG>>>>>>>>>>Wayne...... Hell personally, I ? wit Turk more than Wayne during that era. I always felt like Wayne was overhyped before Carter 1 & Carter 2.

Wayne was always the best despite being only a child.

Him and Juve was neck and neck but both ahead of BG
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GTFOH

Naw early bg was the best. Then juvie. Wayne had that charisma and it factor tho. Once 99 hit he lapped them. But early cash money bg was the best imo
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not saying much

Juvenile > Troy Ave

Ok but let's not act like the hot boyz are GOOD

Juvie at best is a top 100 rapper so for you to say Wayne was the best I mean yeah there's no real competition
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT

m8l55whgs7ft.jpg
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GTFOH
    I did not listen to this interview. However, I will say as far as nyc goes, cam'ron had a big influence on diversifying what people listened too.

even before co-signing wayne. He had mixtape joints with T.I. before a lot of dudes in nyc was messing with t.i like that. He had wayne and baby on the oh boy remix back in 2002. And even looking at other regions, he had the lunatics on his mixtapes and even did songs with twista and ? .

not to mention he always toured down south and even remade bout it bout it, at a time when a lot of ny'ers were not messing with the south like that. did he invent the south? NO, of course not. but did he bring a southern vibe to ny sound, yes.

did he have uptown saying "bout it bout it" yes. did he have uptown checking old twista albums and adreneline rush, yes.

and he was forever shouting out ohio and all other kinds of cities in the midwest. and giving props to all kinds of folks even doing songs with bonecrusher and rapping over gucci mane and oj da juicemayne beats, at a time when nyc'ers were booing oj da juiceman off stage...

how can anyone say cam didn't help influence south in nyc?

This guy was playing his part also and i think before cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggKxpgr_0w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FhkCO3xFg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hBNpIS9K3E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVpscsFuZ8
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GTFOH
    Bleek said he put NYC on Rick Ross and TI.

He and Cam both wrong though...the south was doing it before those 2 ever had a name in rap music.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GTFOH
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm guessing by success of the South he talking about the South taking over NY becuz outside of the East the South been popular ? been rocking with no limit and cash money way B4 Dipset started messing with em

You had Rap A Lot, Luke Records, So So Def, 8Ball & MJG, UGK, Dungeon Family, etc also way before CM and NL
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT

That's not saying much

Juvenile > Troy Ave

Thats not even debatable
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT

Naw early bg was the best. Then juvie. Wayne had that charisma and it factor tho. Once 99 hit he lapped them. But early cash money bg was the best imo

Bg could never really rap
  • moyo
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GTFOH
    Finally listened to what Joe had to say, Look Cam may have put on some youngsters and narrow minded New Yorkers onto Wayne and Southern music, but to say that he's the main reason for the south's success is giving that ? Cam way too much credit. That's righteously a slap in the face to the legends from my adolescence in the 90's like the Geto Boys, UGK, Ball and MJG, Master P, Mystikal, 3-6 mafia, Dungeon family, Scarface, Big mike, Juvenile, BG, etc, who put in the work for the south to get recognized. Joe usually makes good points, but I can't agree with him here.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Dipset bout it bout it started a wave
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Finally listened to what Joe had to say, Look Cam may have put on some youngsters and narrow minded New Yorkers onto Wayne and Southern music, but to say that he's the main reason for the south's success is giving that ? Cam way too much credit. That's righteously a slap in the face to the legends from my adolescence in the 90's like the Geto Boys, UGK, Ball and MJG, Master P, Mystikal, 3-6 mafia, Dungeon family, Scarface, Big mike, Juvenile, BG, etc, who put in the work for the south to get recognized. Joe usually makes good points, but I can't agree with him here.

We are.. At least I am only giving him credit for the south getting big in NY.. Anything else i can't speak to..
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT

You clearly didnt listen. The style that Wayne blew up with is extremely Cam-influenced. Let's not pretend that Dipset aint all up in Wayne's cadence. Also emphasis on swagger takes a lot from them. It's not about recognition of the south as a whole, just a catalyst of a style not seen prior Wayne's takeover.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that these ? bring up 90s south artists clearly means they dont understand the thread. It's not that hard to grasp
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Cam and dip set killed traditional NY hip hop and opened the door for southern influence in the North East.

I'd say Puffy moreso did that with the Shiny Suit era. He commercialized NY hip hop to the point that the super pop friendly southern ? could slide in.

This.. Once it was cool to be a mediocre MC that glorified Popping bottles, and ? the south blew. The south ignored their own lyrical greats like Goodie Mob, and Face. Let's face it even outkast wasn't as well received by the south. Which, is evident today. If, the south revered their lyricists they way NY and Cali do\did it would sound absolutely different.

Stop using the commercialized awards shows as an example of what Hip Hoppers from any region are\were about.

How did the south ignore it's great when we always big up the Andre 3000's, Bun B's, Scarface's, and Cee lo's of the world. If anything east coast cats downplayed them, until your own favorite rappers, (Jay z, Beans, Eminem, Nas, etc) co-signed them and made yall realize that they ? wit them.

I feel what you saying, but let's be real. Say the Dungeon Family dropped and album tomorrow, do you honestly think it would go Platinum? Killer Mike and Big Boi been dropping heat and I don't think either of them went Platinum. Then when you look at groups like Field Mob or ? , you got to admit that a lot of solid Southern rap acts never get the shine they deserve even in the south.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    We usto think Lil Wayne was that lil ? until he came out with Bling Bling.The East caught on when he made that video with the 4 wheelers.But whatever Cam deffinetyl put him on a different swag.And back in the days the tightest Mc in the hot boys was Juvenile.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    well he just making excuses why they use are swag
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hate giving credit when credit is due. KFC birthed trends and gave ? light. Pure hip hoppers was listening too southern rap but the masses , street ? , lames etc etc was noticing when came was ? wit Wayne and them. And cam been ? wit the south since the Luda remix of what the world means too you
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listened to the interview again, I mean I understand what Buddens trying to say but he aint convey it right. His first sentence was "I credit Cam with southern rappers success". Which is not true....
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    ? hate giving credit when credit is due. KFC birthed trends and gave ? light. Pure hip hoppers was listening too southern rap but the masses , street ? , lames etc etc was noticing when came was ? wit Wayne and them. And cam been ? wit the south since the Luda remix of what the world means too you

? we been on

like I said they wanna give power back to New York cuz New York bites southern swag
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    New York pure hip hop headz still don't mess with the south

why don't u say Dipset fans messed with the south

South have done collabs with bigger stars from the East

the more the south collab with the east it became a gradual process for the east to mess with the south

Cam played his part but is not responsible for the success of the south ...smh