What $840,000 buys you in Inglewood, CA

Options

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Shiiiett. $840,000 and I can get one of them mini mansions, a few acres, and a brand new silverado out in fayette county, ga

Bruh... I just threw that joint in Phoenix up 'cause it was close in price. I could go down in price and get a 5000+ sq/ft crib with a pool and throw a 2017 S-class, M-Class, and an SL class in the driveway and have change left over.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are the prices in Vegas looking like?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are the prices in Vegas looking like?

Lol
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hawaii is worse. I saw a couple places that looked like chicken coups and they were over a mil. The beach front ? basically costs the GDP of some third world countries.

-_-
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It helps with the resale if you were fortunate enough to get in early. Fixer uppers on my block are 350k and up. You can easily be mortgage poor around here. What they are doing a lot around here is making 3 flats 2flats into single family homes because people want their space in areas that are already too populated for some. My older brother bought one too lives in an area called Irving Pk and the value has already gone way up.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    h6tbsak3r1de.png

That house would only appraise for something around $378,031. Why would anyone pay more than that
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    h6tbsak3r1de.png

real tears @ zestimate!!
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Shiiiett. $840,000 and I can get one of them mini mansions, a few acres, and a brand new silverado out in fayette county, ga

@AggieLean.

I've been in Fayetteville/Fayette County for damn near 30 years bruh! Hell, I saw Holyfield's (now Rick Ross') house get built from scratch. Nice area, away from most of the ? , but not too far from downtown!

I don't plan on goin' anywhere either.

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I looked up what that can get u in NY smh

A lifetime subway pass to and from whatever the ? that amount can't afford?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hawaii is worse. I saw a couple places that looked like chicken coups and they were over a mil. The beach front ? basically costs the GDP of some third world countries.

-_-

lol HI is pretty much my favorite place I ever visited, but that ? is prohibitively expensive. I don't see how people do it.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This is true. Having the rams at the colosseum only expedited the process.

Next up is Crenshaw after they finish the transit project that goes to LAX.

All my Inglewood folk feeling the sting smh
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    h6tbsak3r1de.png

That house would only appraise for something around $378,031. Why would anyone pay more than that

Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    lmaoooo wtf? That's something you'd see in the bay area, new york maybe la, but not texas.

I googled it and it's real.

there is plenty of property like this in austin, the appreciation is ridiculous down there.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homeowners are winning though, at any time they can sell their house for 3x what they got it for and go live like a king in the souf.

yeh but unless u 50+ u missed that boat playa..
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    Homeowners are winning though, at any time they can sell their house for 3x what they got it for and go live like a king in the souf.

The beauty about real estate is no matter the market, there is always someone willing to buy that dream. I used to be in the construction/rehab game. If you dress it up and sell a mf that fantasy you will always prosper. On the high end of the game, yeah you late to invest. Solely because it's an established property. But at the bottom, you can take a condemned structure, put 20 k into it and pocket almost 3x profit. Land will never depreciate. It's about what goes on the lot. That's all that matters.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

The beauty about real estate is no matter the market, there is always someone willing to buy that dream. I used to be in the construction/rehab game. If you dress it up and sell a mf that fantasy you will always prosper. On the high end of the game, yeah you late to invest. Solely because it's an established property. But at the bottom, you can take a condemned structure, put 20 k into it and pocket almost 3x profit. Land will never depreciate. It's about what goes on the lot. That's all that matters.

? they buildin a stadium in Inglewood..
    everything in a 20 mile radius if u aint already have that house some 10/20 yrs u not seein them kind of profits..

all of what u talkin about is already bought up or bought out..

that ship has sailed.. this aint 1997zz this aint 2007 its 2017..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I looked up what that can get u in NY smh

A lifetime subway pass to and from whatever the ? that amount can't afford?

In the burroughs u ? ... my uncle lives In Pelham and ? high as ? for regular ass homes. My dad stays upstate close to West point and this his home for 600k... ain't no way... the South ur money gonna get u more. zz6ng90bdxlp.jpg
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fat_crib.jpg
    fat_crib02.jpg

Phoenix prices >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cali.

What's crazy is that there's houses just as big out here in the $500k range as well, prolly lower than that.

The rent is cheaper in AZ then MD and you get much more. I am still looking at AZ as a potential moving spot. Want to visit first one day. Better homes for lower cost.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

7641 S South Shore Dr,
    Chicago, IL 60649

4 beds· 4 baths· 6,202 sqft

For Sale

$899,000

Zestimate®: $758,736

Est. Mortgage

$3,265/mo
    The property is comprised of 3 buildings on a 10,000 lot backing up the Lake Michigan's Rainbow Beach. A 2,604 SF 4 Unit Apartment Building, a 4,000 SF (+/-) Single Family Residency, and a 3 Car Garage make up the buildings on the lot. The 4 Unit Apartment Building is comprised of 2 - 2 bed / 2 bath units 1 - 2 bed 1 bath unit and a 1 bed 1 bath unit. The Single Family Home is comprised of 4 beds and 3.5 baths. The property is fully gated with a rear egress to Lake Michigan

6gjfj944wgf8.jpg

@king hassan

I know the person who lives there. I grew up at 7631 :astonished:

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

7641 S South Shore Dr,
    Chicago, IL 60649

For Sale

$899,000

Est. Mortgage

$3,265/mo
    The property is comprised of 3 buildings on a 10,000 lot backing up the Lake Michigan's Rainbow Beach. A 2,604 SF 4 Unit Apartment Building, a 4,000 SF (+/-) Single Family Residency, and a 3 Car Garage make up the buildings on the lot. The 4 Unit Apartment Building is comprised of 2 - 2 bed / 2 bath units 1 - 2 bed 1 bath unit and a 1 bed 1 bath unit. The Single Family Home is comprised of 4 beds and 3.5 baths. The property is fully gated with a rear egress to Lake Michigan

6gjfj944wgf8.jpg

@king hassan

Oh word, you grew up on the drive.
    But yep, all those properties over there are going for a nice piece of change and when they go ahead and build on the old steel mill site it's going to be ridiculous. I copped my house for $116k and the rest on my block going for 200k and up
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

7641 S South Shore Dr,
    Chicago, IL 60649

For Sale

$899,000

Est. Mortgage

$3,265/mo

6gjfj944wgf8.jpg

@king hassan

Oh word, you grew up on the drive.
    But yep, all those properties over there are going for a nice piece of change and when they go ahead and build on the old steel mill site it's going to be ridiculous. I copped my house for $116k and the rest on my block going for 200k and up

Well something like that. We got that house when I was in high school. Technically, I grew up in Woodlawn.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

-_-

lol HI is pretty much my favorite place I ever visited, but that ? is prohibitively expensive. I don't see how people do it.

Same, lucky for me I was young enough to not have to worry about money but it's like that cause it's paradise, literally so it makes sense. Inglewood, CA? Haaaaa
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    $769k in a really nice area of ATL lol SoCal can kick rocks

en9wdgz7b71a.png
    you paid 700K for that ? ?
    8z1m67g4dec3.jpg

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    250k 4 BR 3 1/2 bath