7641 S South Shore Dr,
    Chicago, IL 60649

4 beds· 4 baths· 6,202 sqft

For Sale

$899,000

Zestimate®: $758,736

Est. Mortgage

$3,265/mo
    The property is comprised of 3 buildings on a 10,000 lot backing up the Lake Michigan's Rainbow Beach. A 2,604 SF 4 Unit Apartment Building, a 4,000 SF (+/-) Single Family Residency, and a 3 Car Garage make up the buildings on the lot. The 4 Unit Apartment Building is comprised of 2 - 2 bed / 2 bath units 1 - 2 bed 1 bath unit and a 1 bed 1 bath unit. The Single Family Home is comprised of 4 beds and 3.5 baths. The property is fully gated with a rear egress to Lake Michigan

6gjfj944wgf8.jpg

@king hassan

I know the person who lives there. I grew up at 7631 :astonished:

Oh word, you grew up on the drive.
    But yep, all those properties over there are going for a nice piece of change and when they go ahead and build on the old steel mill site it's going to be ridiculous. I copped my house for $116k and the rest on my block going for 200k and up

Well something like that. We got that house when I was in high school. Technically, I grew up in Woodlawn.

Oh cool, your peoples still over there
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Okay so lets be real. There some questions that need to be asked.
    How are the schools in that area?
    What is the resale of that area?
    Median income is high or low?
    How close am I to the city center and my work?
    Traffic?

So in Atlanta, The majority of the good jobs, good schools and good shops are above Hwy 78 in the perimeter. Midtown, Buckhead, and across North Cobb, North Fulton, North Dekalb, Gwinnett, and close to Lake Lanier. ? is almost a virtual line. Peachtree city area is an exception but only because of the Airport. Search Zillow. There are literally 10 homes with 2 bedrooms around $100, 000 above hwy 78. While below Hwy 78..............................too many to count.

There are little pockets of stuff in the south ATL metro that is decent but the real money is north. You buy a house outside of that zone and most likely you are taking a risk. The risk is you become Clayton county and lose your accreditation. You become Henry and Rockdale county and have a abundance of section 8 housing become available because of the housing bubble. South Dekalb, South Cobb and South Fulton is a victim of simply being suburban areas in decline.

All of the real skilled jobs are in the Northern half of the ATL metro with Porsche, the airport, and maybe Amazon being the pockets of real skill labor. The rest is transportation or warehouse jobs that simply are low paying compared to IT jobs that pay an average of $75,000.

Do the same in your area?
    Zillow.com
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

7641 S South Shore Dr,
    Chicago, IL 60649

For Sale

$899,000

Est. Mortgage

$3,265/mo
    The property is comprised of 3 buildings on a 10,000 lot backing up the Lake Michigan's Rainbow Beach. A 2,604 SF 4 Unit Apartment Building, a 4,000 SF (+/-) Single Family Residency, and a 3 Car Garage make up the buildings on the lot. The 4 Unit Apartment Building is comprised of 2 - 2 bed / 2 bath units 1 - 2 bed 1 bath unit and a 1 bed 1 bath unit. The Single Family Home is comprised of 4 beds and 3.5 baths. The property is fully gated with a rear egress to Lake Michigan

6gjfj944wgf8.jpg

@king hassan

I know the person who lives there. I grew up at 7631 :astonished:

Oh word, you grew up on the drive.
    But yep, all those properties over there are going for a nice piece of change and when they go ahead and build on the old steel mill site it's going to be ridiculous. I copped my house for $116k and the rest on my block going for 200k and up

Well something like that. We got that house when I was in high school. Technically, I grew up in Woodlawn.

Oh cool, your peoples still over there

nope
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cali, Chicago, New Jersey, New York,etc with that overpriced ? .

You can a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom 1800 sq ft house in florida for 200-350k depending on where you at.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

You can a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom 1800 sq ft house in florida for 200-350k depending on where you at.
    YOu can have the same for that price in Chicago too homie
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the burbs?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    $769k in a really nice area of ATL lol SoCal can kick rocks

en9wdgz7b71a.png
    you paid 700K for that ? ?
    8z1m67g4dec3.jpg

? I still pay rent lol not the point either way.

Edit: And I would pay that to live in Sandy Springs, Georgia rather than live in "Greater Alabama" :joy:
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

en9wdgz7b71a.png
    8z1m67g4dec3.jpg

Edit: And I would pay that to live in Sandy Springs, Georgia rather than live in "Greater Alabama" :joy:

Don't do that stew...
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    $200k-$350k can get you a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom crib easily in some Chicago suburbs such as Orland, Tinley, Mokena, Shorewood, Oak Forest, etc. But you gonna be paying about $10k a year in property taxes, not so much in Will County. But it's worth it if you have multiple kids, the schools are significantly better than CPS schools. We made the move to the burbs a couple years ago. Every store you can think of is by the crib. And it's nothing but crickets at night.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And in 30 years with this global warming ? it might won't even be a Florida.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, if you don't mind getting shot sometimes.

? , you got get shot anywhere around here
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Location, location, location
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see why I don't live in Cali.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

en9wdgz7b71a.png
    8z1m67g4dec3.jpg

? stay with a joke in his back pocket lol
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "And y'all asking why I never leave the south? Sheeeeeiiiit." -- North Carolina native, Phonte.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

That same money will get you 2200sq/ft+, 4 bed/3bath, and a pool in Phoenix.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

@konceptjones Bruh you keep making AZ look like a juicy well done steak (yeah well done @Mastery ). It's making me tempted. How hot do it get out there?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

7641 S South Shore Dr,
    Chicago, IL 60649

For Sale

$899,000

Est. Mortgage

$3,265/mo

6gjfj944wgf8.jpg
    Terror Town lol
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@konceptjones Bruh you keep making AZ look like a juicy well done steak (yeah well done @Mastery ). It's making me tempted. How hot do it get out there?

Phoenix can hit 115-120 in the summer. It never snows but if you want to see some snow or just go skiing Flagstaff is a little over 2hrs north on I-17. The drive to/from Flagstaff has some nice ass scenery too lot of mountains and canyons to look at right off the highway depending on where you're at.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Okay so lets be real. There some questions that need to be asked.
    How are the schools in that area?
    What is the resale of that area?
    Median income is high or low?
    How close am I to the city center and my work?
    Traffic?

So in Atlanta, The majority of the good jobs, good schools and good shops are above Hwy 78 in the perimeter. Midtown, Buckhead, and across North Cobb, North Fulton, North Dekalb, Gwinnett, and close to Lake Lanier. ? is almost a virtual line. Peachtree city area is an exception but only because of the Airport. Search Zillow. There are literally 10 homes with 2 bedrooms around $100, 000 above hwy 78. While below Hwy 78..............................too many to count.

There are little pockets of stuff in the south ATL metro that is decent but the real money is north. You buy a house outside of that zone and most likely you are taking a risk. The risk is you become Clayton county and lose your accreditation. You become Henry and Rockdale county and have a abundance of section 8 housing become available because of the housing bubble. South Dekalb, South Cobb and South Fulton is a victim of simply being suburban areas in decline.

All of the real skilled jobs are in the Northern half of the ATL metro with Porsche, the airport, and maybe Amazon being the pockets of real skill labor. The rest is transportation or warehouse jobs that simply are low paying compared to IT jobs that pay an average of $75,000.

Do the same in your area?
    Zillow.com

@caddo man

Peachtree City is not just an excellent place "only b/c of the airport". Yeah, a lot of Delta pilots live there, but there are so many engineers, logistics workers, business owners, and flat out "old money" there too. Plus it's still in Fayette County with great schools (where there's $ good/great schools usually follow obviously).

I agree with the rest of your assessment tho. Cobb Co./Vinings, Alpharetta, Roswell, Gwinnett Co./Duluth/Suwanee/Lawrenceville, Loganville, North Dekalb , Brookhaven, Druid Hills/Toco Hills, Johns Creek...... basically the majority of the Northside got ALLLLLLLLL the munyon! lol

And you can see it too, not jus b/c of the housing, but the amenities are crazy! One small example being the sheer amount of restaurants up there. Me being a foodie, I still get legit upset @ nikkas on the Northside that got all thsee ridiculous food options! I don't be wantin' to drive all they way up there jus for some Capital Grille or some Marlowes Tavern, but I do it anyway. Lmao!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MallyG

Bro if I could get in a time machine and go back to 2001, I would. I would buy a home in North Dekalb and the city of Decatur.

That old saying: If I only knew then what I know now!