I need someone to make sense of Farrakhan being born again....

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
Cause I don't understand ANY of this ? . You tell me...

https://youtu.be/NGkTgiiHf9s

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what context Farrakhan was saying this in, so I can't fully speak to it being what it seems.

Its undeniable that brother Farrakhan is a very gifted orator and the good he and NOI have done in regards to some Black communities cannot be denied.

I believe brother Farrakhan to be a heretic and I also believe his propaganda is partially to blame for brother Malcolm getting killed.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He 84 he can say what he want without it having to mean something..he 84
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Cause I don't understand ANY of this ? . You tell me...

https://youtu.be/NGkTgiiHf9s

I've suspected for quite some time that...........at some point.........he became a Christian.

The only reason he's staying on as the head of the Nation is to maintain control and not let that power fall into the wrong hands.

Khalid Muhammad was supposed to be next in line, but Farrakhan kicked him out years ago because of some comments he made.

He died shortly thereafter.

Also, as far as I know.........there isn't a true successor, so he's probably afraid the Nation will fall apart without him at the helm.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know about NOI but true Islam accepts/believes in Christ

No disrespek to the NOI by "true"
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

I'm inclined to agree with you. Love for Christ is not a new discovery for the minister. He has claimed Christ as his Savior for many years. He has long mixed Quran scripture with biblical doctrine and his style is on par with the Baptist tradition. My boyfriend went to see him speak last Sunday. I wish I could have been there for clarity because people will come away with their own takeaways. In general, there has been a critical misunderstanding as to what it means to be a Muslim and the place of Jesus in Islamic theology, so this doesn't really make me raise any eyebrows. But people will see what they want.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

As Muslims, we accept Jesus (peace be upon him) as a prophet of ? ... But in terms of believing in him in the Christian sense we don't. We don't assign partnership with Allah whatsoever: be it with another deity or by assigning divinity to a human being.

Doing either commits the worst sin a Muslim can commit in our opinion (it's known as Shirk), and by the reasoning of some in the community, it would make the person who does so longer a Muslim
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cloudy day is near!
    The jig is up!
    He even confessed to his wrong teaching in public.
    He don't want to be left behind!

Wnat a terrible day!

Elites about to enact Georgia guidestones. Little do they know that the devil they serve has even deceived them. Dummies!

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/0y7QB07KMaQ

https://youtu.be/upy63RIRcrc

https://youtu.be/RHOyogOHSK8

https://youtu.be/Mli-k-WkWC0

https://youtu.be/e3P6DoiKgKU

Veil about to be torn.

Works of Satan have a deep rabbit trail. They been telegraphing their moves. What deception!

Revelation 12 sign 9/23/2017! Hallelujah!

Stars about to fall!

Cloudy day is near

Many people left behind

America totally destroyed.

What a terrible day!
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cloudy day is near!
    The jig is up!
    He even confessed to his wrong teaching in public.
    He don't want to be left behind!

Wnat a terrible day!

Elites about to enact Georgia guidestones. Little do they know that the devil they serve has even deceived them. Dummies!

See what I mean....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Ultimately we all stand before ? on our own. The only way to be justified is by Jesus Christ alone. Islam flatly denies that ? even has a Son, let alone that ? became flesh. Islam is totally against Christ. Islam denies the death of Christ on the cross and His blood atonement. People who say Islam and true belief in Jesus Christ is the same are absolutely deceived. Islam is antichrist!

And THE antichrist is about to be revealed. Woe worth the day! Don't want to be left behind to see the face of the serpent, if you even survive the cloudy day! Woe worth the day! For the cloudy day is near!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah not saying President Donald Trump is THE antichrist, but he is the tip of the spear. He is the catalyst that will trigger cloudy day. World war 3, ? fighting, rapture, war in heaven, Satan and his angels cast down, marriage supper of the lamb. It's a day of perplexity and of treading down in the valley of vision! Breaking down the walls and crying to the mountains! The 6th seal is about to be open! Hallelujah!

Not trying to be left behind to see face of serpent anyways. Whoever they are (beast and false prophet) they are the worst human beings who have ever lived. Woe worth the day!
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Farrakhan got me all confused. Recently I've accepted that Islam and Christianity are most definitely connected. With the Bible being a little more tainted than the Q'uran. But this just straight up confuses me. I know he's preached out of the Bible, but..... but.... man....
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HE HAS ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT JESUS...

HE EVEN ONCE SAID JESUS WAS A MUSLIM

BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT HE CALLED CHRIST HIS REDEEMER
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

NOI definitely believes in Jesus. They believe that Moses, Jesus and Muhammad are the holiest profits of Islam. They also believe in the TRUTHS of the bible. They acknowledge that some of the bible is true but the majority of it has been tampered with, polluted and corrupted. The NOI believes that you can't be a Muslim if you don't believe in Jesus. orthodox Islam believes the same. They just don't believe that Jesus was fathered by a ghost or any of that hocus pocus born of a ? stuff. They do believe in the resurrection of Christ though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

Not as Christians do though. To truly be a Christian, you have to believe that Christ was the son of ? and died as a penance for the sins of the world. Muslims believe that Jesus was a highly revered prophet (maybe even the highest depending on who you ask), however he wasn't divine and he didn't really die on the cross.
    skpjr78 wrote: »

NOI definitely believes in Jesus. They believe that Moses, Jesus and Muhammad are the holiest profits of Islam. They also believe in the TRUTHS of the bible. They acknowledge that some of the bible is true but the majority of it has been tampered with, polluted and corrupted. The NOI believes that you can't be a Muslim if you don't believe in Jesus. orthodox Islam believes the same. They just don't believe that Jesus was fathered by a ghost or any of that hocus pocus born of a ? stuff. They do believe in the resurrection of Christ though.

Not exactly. An actual Muslim can correct me if I'm wrong, but Muslims don't believe Jesus died on the cross. They believe that ? replaced him with another person and took him to heaven. There he is still alive and waiting for the day that ? will send him back to rule over his people.

Also, from an athiest standpoint, it's fine to call Jesus divine birth hocus pocus. However, it's silly to say that when coming from the standpoint of a religion that has more than enough of its own supernatural stuff.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not as Christians do though. To truly be a Christian, you have to believe that Christ was the son of ? and died as a penance for the sins of the world. Muslims believe that Jesus was a highly revered prophet (maybe even the highest depending on who you ask), however he wasn't divine and he didn't really die on the cross.

Not exactly. An actual Muslim can correct me if I'm wrong, but Muslims don't believe Jesus died on the cross. They believe that ? replaced him with another person and took him to heaven. There he is still alive and waiting for the day that ? will send him back to rule over his people.

Also, from an athiest standpoint, it's fine to call Jesus divine birth hocus pocus. However, it's silly to say that when coming from the standpoint of a religion that has more than enough of its own supernatural stuff.

You're correct we don't believe Isa (as) died on the cross. Allah raised Isa to the heavens, and will return to lead all who submit to Allah's will in prayer.

Muslims believe that Isa was conceived without Mary having had sexual intercourse with a man. As Allah has the power to do all things. This is covered in.. Surah 19 Maryam .
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOTTOM LINE

HE USED TO BE A CHRISTIAN.. NOW HE'S SAYING THAT JESUS IS HIS REDEAMER

HE WAS APOLOGIZING FOR ALLLLLL THE STUFF THAT HE HAS BEEN TEACHING ALL THESE YEARS THAT MAY HAVE CAUSED PEOPLE TO STRAY
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

You're correct we don't believe Isa (as) died on the cross. Allah raised Isa to the heavens, and will return to lead all who submit to Allah's will in prayer.

Muslims believe that Isa was conceived without Mary having had sexual intercourse with a man. As Allah has the power to do all things. This is covered in.. Surah 19 Maryam .

Cool, didn't want to misrepresent anyone's faith.

Anyway, Christians and Muslims shouldn't be beefing. That's stupid. Both groups serve the same ? and largely believe in the importance of the same people up until the introduction of Paul/Mohammed.

However, it's a mistake to believe that Christianity and Islam is interchangeable. If you believe in one, you pretty much have to believe the other is wrong, so it's natural that there would be a competition between the two groups for followers. That said, in either case, both pretty much mandate that each person has to make the right choice for him or herself, so in the end what matters isn't the people pushing a particular set of beliefs, it's the heart of the person that chooses to believe. Ultimately, Christians and Muslims can work together for common goals, but by both sets of doctrines there really is a limit to how much could or should mingle. A Christian leading a sect of Muslims should probably be denounced by both sides if that is what's going on here.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cool, didn't want to misrepresent anyone's faith.

Anyway, Christians and Muslims shouldn't be beefing. That's stupid. Both groups serve the same ? and largely believe in the importance of the same people up until the introduction of Paul/Mohammed.

However, it's a mistake to believe that Christianity and Islam is interchangeable. If you believe in one, you pretty much have to believe the other is wrong, so it's natural that there would be a competition between the two groups for followers. That said, in either case, both pretty much mandate that each person has to make the right choice for him or herself, so in the end what matters isn't the people pushing a particular set of beliefs, it's the heart of the person that chooses to believe. Ultimately, Christians and Muslims can work together for common goals, but by both sets of doctrines there really is a limit to how much could or should mingle. A Christian leading a sect of Muslims should probably be denounced by both sides if that is what's going on here.

I don't think it's anyone's place to denounce. If, Farrahkhan and his followers "choose" to go down this route it's their prerogative. It's the same as making a choice to believe in any other spiritual\belief system.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Over a decade ago he started using a more ""user friendly"" approach towards his sermons as to not completely alienate black Christians, like when he first took over the Nation.
    And for the most part this has worked to the attract more open-minded.....

but this....this is a very interesting turn of events to say the least.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

I don't think it's anyone's place to denounce. If, Farrahkhan and his followers "choose" to go down this route it's their prerogative. It's the same as making a choice to believe in any other spiritual\belief system.

To some extent I agree, but only if they separate themselves. I think there is a problem when you claim to be a member of one belief system but push things that are fundamentally inconsistent with that system.