Why Doesn't The American Government Have Major Bases In Africa?

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS said it in the 90's, USA for Africa? Richest soil on the planet! Of course we have roots there.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is funny, only because I'm deployed to Africa right now, America here ready to buss a African ? scratcher head down to the white meat!

All jokes aside, we out here B!
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    This is funny, only because I'm deployed to Africa right now, America here ready to buss a African ? scratcher head down to the white meat!

What branch of the military and what do you do over there?
  • okaay
    Options

Google OPSEC.

• 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Google OPSEC.

lmaoooooo!.........you must work in Operations or Intel
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    My point exactly.

I know there are us bases in Africa. My thread wasn't formed due to ignorance. It was a series of questions meant to spark serious discussion and ultimately delve into the root of our plight.

The things we do in Africa are kept secret and black soldiers are almost always never deployed to Africa.

There will never be change until we address and eliminate the root cause.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never thought about this but it makes sense
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think black Americans make up about 13% of those enrolled on armed forces. Having a large number of them stationed in Africa would be counterproductive to the media fuled negative perception of the continent.

Many of us have a negative view of Africa and African peoole in general, and it's by design. If a large number of "us" were stationed over there, it could lead to a positive shift in that mindset. Bridging the gap that was never ment to crossed. And that's the surface level....

WHIDAH_-_Kingdom_of_Jews_2_.jpg

Made a post about this in the past. The disconnect between us and them is on purpose....

Glad to see you get the point of the thread and not come in here and try to sound like some condescending smart ass. Props

you talking about me?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My point exactly.

I know there are us bases in Africa. My thread wasn't formed due to ignorance. It was a series of questions meant to spark serious discussion and ultimately delve into the root of our plight.

The things we do in Africa are kept secret and black soldiers are almost always never deployed to Africa.

most people can't see questions that lead to something. especially to spark other questions and discussi....cuz opinions change as you reword the question an who they follow and agree with.
  • okaay
    Options
    My point exactly.

This is based on what, an assumption? We here and we deep out chea is all you need to know. I'm no ? on my way to play spades now and later this week be at an orphanage.
  • okaay
    Options

Google OPSEC.

lmaoooooo!.........you must work in Operations or Intel

Lol nah, but you know what they say, loose lips sink ships!
  • 5onblackhandside
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My point exactly.

This ? false as ? , like the government deliberately does not send ? to Africa, lol

I've been to Djibouti there are plenty of ? in the military there and mad locals working on base.

? majority of ? U.S. military does in most countries is kept a secret even within the states.

Lots of covert ? going on always been like that doe. Mafuckas in the military get lied to on what's going on ? .
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My point exactly.

This ? false as ? , like the government deliberately does not send ? to Africa, lol

I've been to Djibouti there are plenty of ? in the military there and mad locals working on base.

? majority of ? U.S. military does in most countries is kept a secret even within the states.

Lots of covert ? going on always been like that doe. Mafuckas in the military get lied to on what's going on ? .

This thread is ignorant af lol
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    One base encompasses an entire region right? What percentage of black enlisted are in Africa vs worldwide?

I went to an all black high school in an all white neighborhood so does that mean every white neighborhood has all black high schools? You mfs are missing the point.

And I come from a military background. I know what I'm talking about but instead of actually comprehending the thread your focus is elsewhere.

You're stationed in Africa but what you do sooooo secret? Foh. Your ? didn't do ? but back up one of the statements I made earlier about American engagements in Africa being kept secret. But continue to make it seem as if I'm missing the mark with this thread lol
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a simple question. We are the most powerful country in the world albeit we're looking hella trash globally right now.

We have major military bases everywhere except Africa. We have a stake in the natural resources all over the globe except Africa. Why?

The answer to that question may also be the cause of all of the problems black Americans face.

Are we really diagnosing our ailments as black Americans correctly?

Our issues extend far beyond police brutality, white entitlement and preservation of the confederate culture.

America has their hands in every ? . Why does the Government work so hard to conceal its involvement in African affairs?

Stop, op made no sense
  • 5onblackhandside
    edited September 2017
    Options
    One base encompasses an entire region right? What percentage of black enlisted are in Africa vs worldwide?

I went to an all black high school in an all white neighborhood so does that mean every white neighborhood has all black high schools? You mfs are missing the point.

And I come from a military background. I know what I'm talking about but instead of actually comprehending the thread your focus is elsewhere.

You're stationed in Africa but what you do sooooo secret? Foh. Your ? didn't do ? but back up one of the statements I made earlier about American engagements in Africa being kept secret. But continue to make it seem as if I'm missing the mark with this thread lol

Well it is the biggest U.S. base on the continent idiot. All these other so called bases in Africa are little ass camps or FOB's (Forward Operating Bases). So yeah i would say my statement makes a valid point.

? make up a small portion of the military already........but the ? you said sound like some ludicrous ass ? like there absolutely no ? in Africa that are in the military.

And i said all American engagements are kept secret not just in Africa. Non reading ass ? !

You came from a military background, so the ? what ? .
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of branches and some that you wouldn't even think of do training and drills with African forces also.

Most would be surprised who, why and how frequently troops, sailors, airman and marines are in that continent doing things.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    We'll never know the truth
  • okaay
    Options
    Lol, like they hand selecting whites only to come out here! You must not know how deployments work.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    Nah I'm just a dumb ? axin a dumb question
  • 5onblackhandside
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Nah I'm just a dumb ? axin a dumb question

I'm just saying your assumption about no ? in Africa is wrong. But sure there is covert operations going on there and around the world. But nobody knows the American government true agenda and why the operating in Africa or most other places.

A big reason why there are not american bases in Africa is because most African nations don't want a American base in their country anyway. I remember when i went to Djibouti and the general was doing a brief history on East Africa and Djibouti and they he was talking about how only Djibouti wanted to have a American base in east Africa. The other countries did not. But there are allies of the U.S. i guess you can say like Ethiopia and Kenya.

There is only about 7 countries that are allies to the U.S. in Africa out of 50 countries or some ? like that. Don't know the exact amount

In East Africa they say they are fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia and at the same time doing humanitarian work in Somalia because of droughts and starvation.

The same ? in central/west Africa they are fighting Boko Haram and doing humanitarian work.

But American government always like to meddle in world politics and try to help put in place political figures in certain countries that will help in aiding in the American agenda, whatever the ? that might be.

But that's how America has always operated.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    I know all that bruh. Of course there is a US presence in Africa. Majority of the enlisted have Top Secret clearance in Africa, myself included. (When I was enlisted)

The point of the thread was the secrecy and separation of black enlisted soldiers stationed in Africa and what I observed/observe about US business in Africa.

Yes we are deployed there. That's a given. Buddy said earlier about deployment selection basically being random but it's not. I have family that made to higher ranks. Soldiers are distributed for purpose and with purpose. You will hear 1000s of tales from soldiers that were stationed in the major bases around the world. I've built with a few brothers stationed in Africa but the vast majority were stationed everywhere but Africa.

There is and has been a hidden agenda when it comes to black soldiers stationed in Africa.

As I stated earlier it's deeper than slavery. Even the mf currently in Africa called the indigenous ppl "African ? scratchers" and provided no real input to dispute anything I said other than him "playing spades".

i get your point and on the surface you are 100% correct but cmon bruh. Alliances aside, you can't hide the fact America doesn't want to empower Black Americans by showing we have a real presence in Africa.

• 5onblackhandside
    Options
    I know all that bruh. Of course there is a US presence in Africa. Majority of the enlisted have Top Secret clearance in Africa, myself included. (When I was enlisted)

The point of the thread was the secrecy and separation of black enlisted soldiers stationed in Africa and what I observed/observe about US business in Africa.

Yes we are deployed there. That's a given. Buddy said earlier about deployment selection basically being random but it's not. I have family that made to higher ranks. Soldiers are distributed for purpose and with purpose. You will hear 1000s of tales from soldiers that were stationed in the major bases around the world. I've built with a few brothers stationed in Africa but the vast majority were stationed everywhere but Africa.

There is and has been a hidden agenda when it comes to black soldiers stationed in Africa.

As I stated earlier it's deeper than slavery. Even the mf currently in Africa called the indigenous ppl "African ? scratchers" and provided no real input to dispute anything I said other than him "playing spades".

i get your point and on the surface you are 100% correct but cmon bruh. Alliances aside, you can't hide the fact America doesn't want to empower Black Americans by showing we have a real presence in Africa.

So your original question was why are there no bases in Africa. If you already knew that why ask the question, lol.

Africans aint ? wit America like that.

If you didn't already know we have a presence in Africa, you already lost.

? who said you need to be military to come to Africa, lol.......go on vacation there and see for yourself how it is lol.

Most black Americans rather go to ? europe or south america or some ? than Africa. Most black Americans don't care about Africa. To bad though a beautiful continent with beautiful people.

People act like Africa is one country and not one of the biggest continent on this planet. Nobody talking about the pyramids in Ethiopia and Eritrea or the history of Africa. Most people around the world know very little about Africa. All they know about is slavery and wildlife. But haven't even scratched the surface of the history or what Africa truly is.

Only the ? they see in Nat geo or on the news. Kind of reminds of how people view Haiti. They only show you Port-Au-Prince which is a big city in Haiti. So of course there will be poverty and ? conditions. But they never show people northern or southern Haiti and beautiful the country can be.

Maybe i ain't understanding your original question.

Why would African countries want a U.S. base in their country anyway?

Like i said most countries don't want americans there.

• 5onblackhandside
    Options
    ? I don't think there are any major us bases in South America either.

Probably because those countries do not want them their either.

Sounds to me like u think it's a good thing if there are US miltary bases in foreign countries.

Last I checked usually US bases are in unstable regions.

Although some parts of Africa and south America are unstable.

But not like the middle East and how Europe and Asia are unstable.