• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm talking all writers in general
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but as for the thread, yea DC.....

but marvel is upping the ante by getting actual comic writers, and animated series writes on board...

DC needs to do the same
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I heard when rumors of JLA movie were starting that they werent gonna do aquaman in the film. They need to get the comic book writers to help out with the screen play. Geoff Johns made Aquaman one of my favorite members of the JLA, and he didnt takeover aquaman until recent years. It would be really unfortunate if Aquaman isnt in the movie tho because hes a big part of DC's universe.

I think they should swap the GL too. Just because the Ryan Reynolds GL is so fresh in peoples minds. I think they should use John Stewart because he's effing awesome, and he was the green lantern in the justice league cartoons when i was growing up.

Flash and WW should be in there for sure, and they will have batman of course. Since they are rebooting batman so soon tho, rebooting hal jordan wouldnt be too crazy of an
    They shouldnt do aquaman that ? is garbage and has the worst powerd.Rofl@ talking to fish like who besides black manta will get in the water to fight him knowing his strength? They need to redo GL first before they can proceed.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seriously hope they don't do any JLA or crossover movies until at least after 2 more Man of Steel sequels.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard when rumors of JLA movie were starting that they werent gonna do aquaman in the film. They need to get the comic book writers to help out with the screen play. Geoff Johns made Aquaman one of my favorite members of the JLA, and he didnt takeover aquaman until recent years. It would be really unfortunate if Aquaman isnt in the movie tho because hes a big part of DC's universe.

I think they should swap the GL too. Just because the Ryan Reynolds GL is so fresh in peoples minds. I think they should use John Stewart because he's effing awesome, and he was the green lantern in the justice league cartoons when i was growing up.

Flash and WW should be in there for sure, and they will have batman of course. Since they are rebooting batman so soon tho, rebooting hal jordan wouldnt be too crazy of an
    They shouldnt do aquaman that ? is garbage and has the worst powerd.Rofl@ talking to fish like who besides black manta will get in the water to fight him knowing his strength? They need to redo GL first before they can proceed.

The New 52 take on Aquaman addresses just this perception of the guy, and I think thats what makes it awesome. Arthur Curry is a king of an underwater empire who is torn between two worlds. He has vast power, but struggles for respect with the surface world and his people (his brother mostly, who's a full blooded atlantean)

There's a way to make Aquaman cool. There's a way to make a movie about him awesome, somebody just needs to be bold enough to take direction with it and tell his story.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »

The New 52 take on Aquaman addresses just this perception of the guy, and I think thats what makes it awesome. Arthur Curry is a king of an underwater empire who is torn between two worlds. He has vast power, but struggles for respect with the surface world and his people (his brother mostly, who's a full blooded atlantean)

There's a way to make Aquaman cool. There's a way to make a movie about him awesome, somebody just needs to be bold enough to take direction with it and tell his story.

Co sign. New 52 Aquaman is in my top 5 DC comics atm. Everyone tries arguing with me about how lame he is but they dont even know lol. Even if i show them the comic their just like "yeah thats, cool but as a whole hes a lame character blah blah" ? dumb.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »

Co sign. New 52 Aquaman is in my top 5 DC comics atm. Everyone tries arguing with me about how lame he is but they dont even know lol. Even if i show them the comic their just like "yeah thats, cool but as a whole hes a lame character blah blah" ? dumb.

? are making ole Art sound like Krypto, Streaky, Bippo, or Batmite.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman has been slept in. He has never been weak!
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flash movie could make serious money
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I don't think we need a flash movie. ? is going to look like true blood when them ? run. Or will they slow motion him. I think they should introduce them all new 52 style. Introduce them like they did justice league. JL without aquaman, Cyborg would be weak.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think we need a flash movie. ? is going to look like true blood when them ? run. Or will they slow motion him. I think they should introduce them all new 52 style. Introduce them like they did justice league. JL without aquaman, Cyborg would be weak.

Never watched true blood so I wouldn't know. They could do that too I don't mind either way. I just think a lot of interesting things can be done with flash powers on screen.

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so yeah christain bale said he will not come back to batman in an JL movie, so they gonna reboot another batman series of movies or just do a batman and no bruce wayne in the JL movie??

it could be done with just batman and his story not being told from the bruce wayne character standpoint.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Full disclosure...and I know risk the wrath of the forum with this statement, but I never thought Christian Bale made the best 'Bruce Wayne'....to me, he just never seemed to truly fit the part. Plus that stupid raspy voice he put on everytime he donned the cowl was cringe-worthy.

Good riddance to him I say...get a younger, hungrier actor who's willing to be Batman.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i'm talking all writers in general

goat'ed your sh*t. Cuz i never understood how the hell the comicbooks writers dont get involved in these movies, and how does hollywood even f up some of these movies cuz of the decades of "source material".
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I want the dude who played in the original punisher movie to try batman. That dude is dope as ? and is familiar with action and close combat movies.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    starvin wrote: »

Never watched true blood so I wouldn't know. They could do that too I don't mind either way. I just think a lot of interesting things can be done with flash powers on screen.
    I agree my dude...see flash dodging supes would be crazy.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want the dude who played in the original punisher movie to try batman. That dude is dope as ? and is familiar with action and close combat movies.

Dude, you want Dolph Lundgren to play The Batman? Really ? . Really?

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he means Thomas Jane

But I got a alternate idea for DC...how bout films about anti heroes
    A black Adam origin film starring the rock, a lobo film and a death stroke vs film which pits him against flash or green arrow and a Wonder woman origin film shot 300 style that takes place entirely on themyscara and go head and do a green lantern 2 but better
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah i meant Thomas Jane.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Batman and Superman will unite on-screen for the first time in a Man of Steel sequel.

Warner Bros and DC Comics are planning to follow on from the success of this summer's Superman reboot with a team-up movie due in 2015.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Clark Kent with a new actor likely replacing Christian Bale as Batman.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S Goyer - who worked across The Dark Knight trilogy - will oversee the project with Christopher Nolan potentially taking on a producer role.

Plans for upcoming Warner Bros/DC Comics movies will reportedly be unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend. A Flash movie has been tentatively scheduled to appear in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a499939/batman-superman-for-man-of-steel-2015-sequel-justice-league-in-2017.html#ixzz2Zc7MTLB8
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's about to get real

1016271_10151635109838999_11516897_n.png
  • infamous114
    Options
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Update: Eric Vespe from Ain’t It Cool News seems to be confirming via Twitter:

There you go. Superman and Batman together in next movie. pic.twitter.com/cw6IuRG6TO

— Eric Vespe (@EricVespe) July 20, 2013

It’s looking pretty official now.

Original Story: Rumors have been swirling this morning from The Hollywood Reporter and The Los Angeles Times that a Superman & Batman movie would be unveiled at San Diego Comic Con today. Variety is reporting the same. Confirmation will hopefully come from Warner Bros. during a panel today at Comic Con.The film is reportedly set for a 2015 release with Zack Snyder (Man of Steel, 300, Watchmen) directing, David S. Goyer writing and Christopher Nolan producing, which is the same trinity of people that brought Man of Steel to the big screen. Rejoice or complain accordingly.

According to earlier reports on the future of the Batman franchise, Christian Bale won’t be returning as the Dark Knight (which makes sense in the current film fiction). Henry Cavill, on the other hand, will don the Superman cape once again.

Supposedly, the plan for Zack Snyder is for the Superman and Batman movie to be followed up with a Flash movie in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017. This would follow a similar path to what Marvel did with The Avengers, which most people assume is exactly what Warner Bros. is chasing.

This year marks the 75th anniversary of Superman, who first appeared in Action Comics #1 in 1938.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Surprised they're going with a Flash movie instead of Wonder Woman.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprised they're going with a Flash movie instead of Wonder Woman.

Diane Nelson (president of DC) said that WW is actually a top 3 priority for WB right now when it comes to bringing the DC IP's to the big screen. I'm guessing Flash and World's Finest were the only 2. TBH I'm more hyped about the possibility of a Flash movie than even World's Finest and Supes and Bats are my favorite fictional characters of all time. It's just that we've seen them enough on the big screen already even if it's not together.