The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meant "other 2" not "only 2" for some reason the edit post button is not appearing right now.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm excited.

I don't see the appeal of the Flash though. He moves fast...that's about all I've gathered from him. He's got more useful powers than Aquaman, but Aquaman's got a more interesting backstory, although to be fair I don't the Flash's backstory..
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Barry Allen and Wally West are pretty interesting characters. Of course, they're probably going with Barry with the movie since he's a part of the New 52.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I didn't know whether to put this in "DC Phase 1," thread or to start a new one. So ? it, I'll start a new one.

Batman, Superman Will Unite for 'Man of Steel' Sequel

The Wrap http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/batman-superman-will-unite-man-steel-sequel-justice-league-movie-104691

By Lucas Shaw | The Wrap – 1 hour 32 minutes ago

Batman, Superman Will Unite for 'Man of Steel' Sequel

Batman and Superman will unite for a sequel to Warner Bros.' "Man of Steel," paving the way for a "Justice League" movie, the studio announced at Comic-Con on Saturday. The news was leaked just before the panel began, but that didn't temper fans' rapturous reaction to what would be the first time the superheroes were united on screen.
    Director Zack Snyder ("Man of Steel," "300") made a surprise appearance in Hall H to announce he was working on the sequel, and promised to reveal something to "inform" audience expectations. He brought out actor Harry Lennix, who read a passage from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight" - and then the screen flashed the Superman "S" symbol, shadowed by the distinctive wings of Batman. The crowd, as they say, went wild.
    Snyder and David Goyer, who wrote the first one, will write the second one, maintaining the core creative team from the summer's monster hit.

Though Snyder disclosed nothing more, Warner Bros. then sent out a press release announcing that Henry Cavill would return as Superman. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will repreise their roles as well. It remains unclear who will play Batman.

Christian Bale, who played Batman in Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy, has said he is done with the part.
    Also read: Why 'Man of Steel' Holds the Key to Warner Bros.' Future Franchises
    The new film also brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. Nolan and partner Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

In a prepared statement, Warner production chief Greg Silverman said: "Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he's a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic superheroes to the screen in his own way."

"Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack's continuing vision for the DC Universe," said Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment.

The success of Nolan's Batman movies made the rebirth of Superman the next logical step for Warner Bros. in its efforts to leverage the DC Comics library, which also includes iconic characters such as the Flash, the Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns" did not reinvigorate the franchise, delaying those plans for a few years. Snyder's "Man of Steel" gave Warner Bros. exactly what it wanted, grossing more than $600 million at the worldwide box office and furthering speculation that Warner Bros. would plot a multi-character "Justice League" movie.
    TheWrap reported on the eve of the film's debut that Warner Bros. was planning to make a sequel to "Man of Steel" first, and then move on to "Justice League" and the other DC characters. Though early reports on Saturday indicated Warner Bros. would formally announce those plans for movies about The Flash and Justice League, the studio did not say anything beyond "Man of Steel."

Warner Bros. announced its plans for Superman and Batman on Saturday at a panel where the studio showcased seven different upcoming movies, including "Godzilla," "Lego: The Movie" and Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity."

Also read: 'Man of Steel' Soars Past $500M at Worldwide Box Office
    One question that went unanswered on Saturday is whether Legendary Entertainment will be involved in any way. Legendary co-financed and co-produced the "Dark Knight" movies and "Man of Steel" under a deal it had with Warner Bros. Yet Legendary has now moved on to NBCUniversal, and the schism was evident on Saturday as Warner Bros. slotted all the Legendary movies at the beginning of the panel, and reserved the second half for its own projects.
    Regardless of who makes it, it is inevitable that Cavill, Snyder and the gang will return to Comic-Con in future years, promoting what Warner Bros. hopes will become a lengthy streak of hit movies.

Related Articles:
    Why 'Man of Steel' Holds the Key to Warner Bros.' Future Franchises
  • Broddie
    Options
    I'm excited.

I don't see the appeal of the Flash though. He moves fast...that's about all I've gathered from him. He's got more useful powers than Aquaman, but Aquaman's got a more interesting backstory, although to be fair I don't the Flash's backstory..

You got to be a comic book reader to understand. Like Aquaman the cartoons have never really done the character justice. It's more than just "he runs fast". He could vibrate through objects, he could create vortexes and many other cool sci-fi ? that has never been seen in superhero movies before.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Barry Allen and Wally West are pretty interesting characters. Of course, they're probably going with Barry with the movie since he's a part of the New 52.

Yeah personality wise they are 2 of the most well rounded characters in comic book history. Barry is one of the most optimistic and selfless heroes ever. Seeing him evolve from the silver age stories all the way to his death is amazing. I didn't like how they butchered him when he came back after Final Crisis but New 52 seems to be tapping into the spirit of what made Barry Allen very appealing throughout the silver and bronze age again. Wally with his arc of going from Kid Flash to the fastest man alive is one of the most unique characters in the medium.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stoked. wonder who their gonna pick for bats
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    So is he as comedic in the comic books as he is in the cartoons?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The flash in juustice league was wally west he's lighthearted but not comedic and barry allen is more serious of the flashes.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maximus Rex
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can't be mad at this. I'm just hoping they're not going to do a entire re-boot of The Batman, unless of course it's the origin story from Year One Part 1 when the ? Bruce's first night out is a complete and total cluster ? , that end with the ? in his study talking to his father's bust, talm 'bout this ? :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPlWRXL3C9I

I'm sooo cool on another Batman origin story. Also, please in this version please show The Batman as The World's Greatest Detective, with the ill deductive reasoning skills and the acute attention to detail, and finally PLEASE TAKE THE BATMAN OUT OF THE BLACK RUBBER SUIT AND PUT HIM IN THE BLACK AND GRAY OR BLACK AND BLUE ? ! As far as the ? not being realistic, the following video will dead that ? :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQM6zLiSn1E

@ 3:47 all employees field test the clothing, @ 4:49 explains why the clothing is so light, yet provides protection, 8:53 the field test. So let's stop it with the "The Batman, can't wear his original costume because it doesn't offer enough protection and it's not realistic" ? , because it's just that, ? . If they don't want to put him in the original costume at least put him in this one:[/b]

l.jpg
  • trilladelic
    Options
    is there any validity to the rumor i heard about JGL playing batman in future films?
  • Maximus Rex
    edited July 2013
    Options
    is there any validity to the rumor i heard about JGL playing batman in future films?

At this point it's probably just that, a rumor.

• trilladelic
    Options
    wait..

"Lego: The Movie"?

that literally have nothing left..
  • Broddie
    Options
    Reboot does not equal origin story. It just means it's a completely new movie Batman with no ties to any previous movies at all.

There's no way that's going to happen. Thank ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i thought bale said he not gonna be batman unless nolan is working on it...
  • Broddie
    Options
    i thought bale said he not gonna be batman unless nolan is working on it...

Bale is done with the character. Nolan is done with the character. Their story is done with a finite ending that brings everything full circle (Batman became a symbol). Batman moves on. Batman is bigger than any actor or director.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nolan's Batman wouldn't work with Superman. that whole universe is supposed to be based on realism.
    He needs to be recasted and I know they will.
    I love the trilogy I just feel it wasnt Batman at it's core. He wasn't really a detective and didn't seem like a genius. Seemed like a guy that just happened to wear the suit. I know that was the gimmick behind it, I'm just saying.
    But I'm excited! We will get to see Batman as the worlds greatest detective and strategist.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of people want Michael Fassbender to be the next Batman, not a bad idea, at the very least he'd be a good Bruce Wayne, he just seems a bit too diminutive to stand alongside/against Cavill.

I was thinking Joel Edgerton, but then it hit me that Matt Damon would be the best choice. He's a bit older but maybe they can play it that way, he's familiar with shooting action scenes and is a great actor who can play intelligent really well. Plus I think people would be more accepting of him taking over as batman as opposed to a newer, younger, unproven actor.

People I don't want to see play batman: Armie Hammer, Channing Tatum, Ryan Gosling, Charlie Hunnam. But knowing how execs think, it'll probably be one of them.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _1374352275.jpg
    NEXT DC SUPER HERO MOVIE IN PRE-PRODUCTION

Director Zack Snyder Unites Superman and Batman in One Explosive New Film

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 – On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted,“Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DCEntertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    lol the Bruce Wayne (almost wrote that as Bruse Wane lol) part is the part they need to worry about imo. You could stick any old in-shape guy in the batman suit, have him do a low voice and you have a decent batman. It doesn't seem like the hardest thing to act, but I may be wrong.

We don't even know how much of Bruce Wayne they'll show though, it could just be a bit at the beginning and a bit at the end.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what about static shock?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I think the movie will take place when Clark lent is sent by his boss to interview Bruce Wayne in Gotham or Bruce comes to metropolis. And that's how they meet.