The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    They better pay Christian Batmayne Bale a trillion dollars to return , I don't wanna hear this recast ?

Something epic could be the reason he comes out of retirement.... man of steel could take place after the last batman

Different universes.
    Dark knight trilogy should have been to justice league what iron man was to avengers....DC shot themselves in the foot with the stand alone ? and all the start and stalls of other characters now they playing ketchup

It wasn't DC, it was Nolan. He only ever planned to do the Batman trilogy, and have it as a standalone. I'm sure if it was just up to DC they would have Bale back.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dc fd up by not having greenlantern the best it could be. That could've been dcs iron man with hal jordan you have the earth angle and then being galaxy police you cover space could've been a mixture all in one smh .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    They better pay Christian Batmayne Bale a trillion dollars to return , I don't wanna hear this recast ?

Something epic could be the reason he comes out of retirement.... man of steel could take place after the last batman

Different universes.
    Dark knight trilogy should have been to justice league what iron man was to avengers....DC shot themselves in the foot with the stand alone ? and all the start and stalls of other characters now they playing ketchup

It wasn't DC, it was Nolan. He only ever planned to do the Batman trilogy, and have it as a standalone. I'm sure if it was just up to DC they would have Bale back.

I know...but DC still had to green light whatever Nolan did...
    And yes Nolan said they were in a different universe one without super heroes when DK rises came out
    Doesn't mean they can't go back on that....there was nothing in the trilogy preventing them from doing that
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree with someone saying earlier that dc is playing catch up. dc is still in phase 1. marvel is in phase 2 and already have those dates and titles sewed up. this was their perfect chance for MoS to bridge everything they needed to do. whether it be cameos. little tidbits here and there.
    we're all spoiled with marvel doing those after-credit scenes. so its expected from them. marvel had a vision to do what they wanted to and went with it. they built up all these stand alone movies with intertwined stories then brought them together then tore them down again to stand alone films with more story for another build up.
    what dc can do to capitalize is go forward with this supes vs bats movie. introduce other characters like wonder woman and flash. you can still continue the green lantern universe if need be. makes no sense to reboot. use a different character or bring ryan reynolds back.
    ? i don't care what they do the more competition the better. in the end us fans get all geeked up over it.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless they state otherwise, this is still a sequel to Man Of Steel, not "Batman taking all Supes" Spotlight". So I don't expect to see too much of Bats. The role will obviously be significant, but not overshadowing.

Though Green Lantern was a fumble, this new audience pessimism towards DC's (Nolan's) ability to craft good movies is unfounded. And the same people who are turning their noses up at Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash's potential to be believable probably said the same for Thor in the Marvel universe. Realism is the challenge and I think DC can deliver.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Unless they state otherwise, this is still a sequel to Man Of Steel, not "Batman taking all Supes" Spotlight". So I don't expect to see too much of Bats. The role will obviously be significant, but not overshadowing.

Though Green Lantern was a fumble, this new audience pessimism towards DC's (Nolan's) ability to craft good movies is unfounded. And the same people who are turning their noses up at Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash's potential to be believable probably said the same for Thor in the Marvel universe. Realism is the challenge and I think DC can deliver.

A lot of that audience is made up of posers not genuine comic book fans. These are people that watch the cartoons or movies and swear they could hang in any DCU convo like it's nothing because of that despite dramatic differences between comic books and their media adaptations. This blog post from a couple of years ago kinda covers it

http://www.cornerof3rd.com/7/post/2011/8/you-are-all-posers-how-hollywood-creates-fake-comic-book-fans.html

These cats don't even know what they want. First it's "I don't want Superman or any DC heroes in Nolan's Batman movies because they won't fit in" for many years then when Nolan and company agree with that and end their story it's "they should've just added Superman to Nolan's continuity" they can't win with these people.

I'm keeping an open mind. Then again I'm enough of a movie and comic book geek to know that the reason we don't have a DC movie universe is because all the movie rights to their IP's were dispersed amongst competing production companies.

IE:

Legendary Pictures had the movie rights to Batman & Superman
    Silver Pictures had the movie rights to Wonder Woman
    De Line Pictures had the movie rights to Green Lantern
    at one point Kennedy Miller had the movie rights to Justice League

etc.

This is something your average movie fan does NOT know. But it was a huge hurdle because you could never get any of those production houses to agree on a shared universe as naturally they would all want the biggest piece of the profit pie. Which is why we got so many stand alone movies. It is not synonamous with the Marvel Studios situation at all. Marvel Studios got to finally consolidate the movie rights to everything but Fantastic Four, Daredevil, X-Men, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man and The Punisher back in 2006 all under one roof and proceeded from there. They didn't do it any sooner because Iron Man was over at New Line, Thor was at Paramount and Hulk at Universal etc. prior to that.

Now that Jeff Robinov (the man who divided all the movie rights) is gone it seems like WB (the people in charge are not DC it's them) is now focusing on having movie rights finally folded into DC Entertainment and taking DCE as a media production company seriously. So now Batman and Superman in the same movie is a possibility as well as a shared universe because they could finally set all these projects up under ONE roof like Marvel Studios does and not multiple ones like before. Before they would have to have Legendary Pictures agree to whether they wanted Batman & Superman in the same movie or not because of contractual reasons.

I don't see them doing something they've been wanting to do for years but couldn't because of contracts created under Robinov with multiple production studios as rushing a project. I see it as them finally having the opportunity to start exploiting their DC IP's properly because now they're finally getting them all organized under one roof and within the confines of one vision. They're no longer handicapped.

This is why I'm keeping an open mind and taking a wait and see approach before jumping to conclusions. What they're doing now is no different than when the Superman TAS came out and we immediately got a World's Finest story out of it soon after. There is no written law that the Marvel Studios approach to things is the only approach to things especially when so many initially questioned that approach in the first place.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    This isn't about making good movies anymore its a battle between Disney and Warner Brothers for money

Spielberg was right Hollywood is gonna implode in the next 10 years

Might as well enjoy it while we've still got it then.

*Grabs popcorn*
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC should have had Angela basset in MOS as Amanda Waller
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That said I hope Christian Bales' new suit looks like this

[img][/img]5my0cy.jpg

Please, NO MORE ALL BLACK SUITS!!!!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    If they goin with a black suit i want a michael keaton updated suit
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ecxv8fEhQ

There needs to be a wonder woman movie man. I'm convinced after seeing this and the 2009 movie.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"We're already in pre-production," Goyer told a Comic-Con panel on Sunday. "(The film) comes out in summer of 2015 ... We're actually not sure whether the title is 'Superman vs. Batman' or 'Batman vs. Superman,' but yes, it's that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that's happening."

Director Zack Snyder announced that both he and "Man of Steel" actor Henry Cavill will be returning for the movie. The next film, with the addition of Batman, will be a step to a "Justice League" movie, the answer to the "Avengers" franchise.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/man-steel-sequel-titled-superman-batman-batman-superman-article-1.1406861#ixzz2Zzq68GJ7
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ehh at those titles. So creative lol. Gonna be interested in what they plan to do with this film...like who's going to be the antagonist...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehh at those titles. So creative lol. Gonna be interested in what they plan to do with this film...like who's going to be the antagonist...

I don't know why they are against just naming that ? worlds Finest since lex is involved. I don't want to see a damn 2 hour movie of these too brawling man when I saw that toonami promo with batman an superman working together for the first time I was beyond hyped. I need that for this movie smh
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    starvin wrote: »

There needs to be a wonder woman movie man. I'm convinced after seeing this and the 2009 movie.

Who should be Wonder Woman?

Maybe Gina Carano. I know the chick should be muscular. Just having a girl that's fit wouldn't be convincing.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

I don't know why they are against just naming that ? worlds Finest since lex is involved. I don't want to see a damn 2 hour movie of these too brawling man when I saw that toonami promo with batman an superman working together for the first time I was beyond hyped. I need that for this movie smh

Because they'll need Superman and Batman in the title if they hope on properly marketing it worldwide in light of competition like Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII in the same summer. What I don't get is why they don't just call it Superman/Batman: World's Finest. Batman Vs. Superman sounds like bad fan fiction ? . It's a testament to the limited scope of David Goyer's ? imagination, but this isn't the first time they've wanted to use that title. They wanted to use it over 10 years ago when they were trying to get Wolfgang Peterson to make this ? as well.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They can easily redo green lantern, just use Jon Stewart this time, he fits the realistic universe better than goofy ass Hal
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »

Maybe Gina Carano. I know the chick should be muscular. Just having a girl that's fit wouldn't be convincing.

I have no clue, Gina has the right build i guess but she's not a great actress.
  • swagbear
    swagbear Members Posts: 5
    Options
    i think dc should remake the green lantern before they make a justice league. Ryan Reynolds is a good green lantern but they need to re-create everything.

funny-gif-green-Power-Ranger-dancing.gif

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »

lol
    Wonder-Woman.jpg
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude who plays alcide on true blood is the lead to play batman
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

THR confims that the studio wants Batman to be around 40 years old in their story, which will be influenced by Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” graphic novel. The script is still being written, so there haven’t been any formal offers, however director Zack Snyder is beginning to look at actors for the part of Batman. Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, and Joe Manganiello are the top names…
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan Gosling wouldnt be a convincing Batman
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

THR confims that the studio wants Batman to be around 40 years old in their story, which will be influenced by Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” graphic novel. The script is still being written, so there haven’t been any formal offers, however director Zack Snyder is beginning to look at actors for the part of Batman. Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, and Joe Manganiello are the top names…

brolin is too old, and gosling (who i am a fan of) is too psychically small. Manganiello would be the best choice, hes psychically as big as superman (which is very important) and a good actor.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Gosling might be able to pass as a batman cause he's actually in the suit and ? , but I don't think he could pass for a Bruce Wayne.