• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Well just going by the lines it's not clear enuff to say it's a subliminal

your fam destiny

as in your fam's destiny lays in big's hands ...

that could be anybody

Nas' daughter name is Destiny

Yup your mind blown

destiny is a word

just cuz Nas daughter named destiny mean everytime a rapper say destiny they dissing Nas?

Gtfoh

there is just no proof yall nuggaz is madd reaching ....

nawl, it was the way he put that double meaning wordplay together. No man, if you just say the word destiny then yeah I understand that it could be a reach but the fact that he said duck tapping your "fam" first really mad that nameplay pop extra. Big was a master at subliminals. I think he shoulda been more specific wit Pac only because Pac was specific wit him. But since the East Coast dudes was subliminally dissing him I don't fault him for going the subliminal rout wit those cats.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Y'all ? really thinking Big throwing shots at Nas using his 2-3 y/o daughter at the time?

IDK bout that one

tenor.gif

don't act like he so above being petty enough to threaten kids. On "nobody till somebody kills you" he said something like "the kids, the dog, everybody dying no lying"
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Well just going by the lines it's not clear enuff to say it's a subliminal

your fam destiny

as in your fam's destiny lays in big's hands ...

that could be anybody

Nas' daughter name is Destiny

Yup your mind blown

destiny is a word

just cuz Nas daughter named destiny mean everytime a rapper say destiny they dissing Nas?

Gtfoh

there is just no proof yall nuggaz is madd reaching ....

nawl, it was the way he put that double meaning wordplay together. No man, if you just say the word destiny then yeah I understand that it could be a reach but the fact that he said duck tapping your "fam" first really mad that nameplay pop extra. Big was a master at subliminals. I think he shoulda been more specific wit Pac only because Pac was specific wit him. But since the East Coast dudes was subliminally dissing him I don't fault him for going the subliminal rout wit those cats.

This doesn't prove he was speaking on Nas's daughter

or narrow down who he was speaking on

fam=that could be anyone's family or rap crew

yal making a big deal cuz he said the word fam

how does it tie it to Nas?

• DR. JEK
    edited September 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I dont get how "your fam, destiny, lays in my hands" could not be taking as a Nas sublim

cuz u trying to read like a hick hopper

your fam destiny= Your fam's destiny (broken down to give you understanding of ebonics)

thank me later ....... ?

So the ? gonna say "I'm in your Momma Crib waiting"(he ain't at moms house to tie up no rap crew bro). Then talk about tying up somebody whole family but it's a reach to picture Biggie wit a gun to the little girl by the time his enemy walk through the door?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is BIG really was a real hip hop head and I think wanted to stick with gutter raps, so its a shame MC's went at BIG for at the time his 'commercial' hip hop singles, funny as even them commercial joints today would be probably be classed as underground or praised for being nostalgic 90s style hip hop compared to the trash that gets released these days... Its been said before Puff 'made' him do a the commercial joints to make money and sell records etc so imagine the FIRE and grimey tracks BIG coulda made with OGC and Boot Camp Clik etc... Dare I say how CRAZY a BIG and Sean P joint 'Its... Sean P and The B.I.G'
  • water ur seeds
    edited September 2017
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

Tupac2_1996.jpg

Man I would love that 'Death Row East' tee, that schitt prob worth crazy money today...
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ok yeah you got a point but just like yall reaching

why not reach and say it changed it up mid sentence ... rappers do that ?

they be talkin bout 1 thing .. then jump into something else

if he was at his mom's house

why would he wait to ducktape the ___?

what was the purpose of that if he was gonna do it?

He would already be at the house im assuming the ___ there

Why would he stay there ... it just makes no sense

it make more sense he waiting at dude's house maybe duck taping moufs shut so the cops wont come

then when dude rolls up big gonna take out his whole rap crew

that actually makes more sense being that he is waiting on an arrival

He know the dude was gonna return to his moms place

He would never know when a ____ was coming...

Who would give him info to do that?

Nah but either someone told when dude and his crew was gonna come to his moms place ...someone could tell him that from the streets
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Non of this ties back to Nas what so ever...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    by the way Im not a criminal so i don't know a criminal would think

but this ? is so bad ...
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is BIG really was a real hip hop head and I think wanted to stick with gutter raps, so its a shame MC's went at BIG for at the time his 'commercial' hip hop singles, funny as even them commercial joints today would be probably be classed as underground or praised for being nostalgic 90s style hip hop compared to the trash that gets released these days... Its been said before Puff 'made' him do a the commercial joints to make money and sell records etc so imagine the FIRE and grimey tracks BIG coulda made with OGC and Boot Camp Clik etc... Dare I say how CRAZY a BIG and Sean P joint 'Its... Sean P and The B.I.G'

Crazy how you mentioned BIG & OGC...

I was just looking at OGC - Da Storm video at how they was dissing BIG. Cause allegedly BIG stole the jamaican hook from the Get Money rmx from one of the OGC ? , even tho it didn't belong to them either lol.

And Starang Wondah got jumped by Junior Mafia because of it.

And allegedly Rockness wasn't feeling how Dru Ha wanted to dead the situation. If that's the case I know Rock and them was ready to pop off.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    "journalist" need to let the dead RIP if they not talkin about solving their murders smh

That's like saying white supremacy needs 2 die but we all know y'all ain't gonna stop even if y'all ? ya own like y'all shady devilss did n Charlottesville...
    Big the goat. This song is 20yrs old. Tha niqqa flow is timeless. Who better? Who?

None of that matters when ya too ? 2 come out & face the man ya dissin.... that's y pacs disses will always sting more then bigs cuz he wasn't a koward beating around the bush makaveli was kurupt calling out names!
    Tupac1_1996.jpg

gee757 wrote: »

Tupac2_1996.jpg

Man I would love that 'Death Row East' tee, that schitt prob worth crazy money today...

Yeah the deathrow east tees was dope u c the back of fatals deathrow east tee...

2pacjerzeymobqu6.jpg
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised this is even a debate. I've heard the "Destiny lays in my hands" line was aimed at Nas mad years ago. I think Nas even confirmed it himself in some magazine.

Even them bozo's at Rap Genius agree that line was aimed at Nas.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    only Biggie knows .... fukk everybody else opinion
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    The Hip Hop game known to make drama out of nothing ...conspiracy theory azz
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • DR. JEK
    Options

You making it harder than the ? has to be. Destiny is Nas's daughter and the way he used that line was a double meaning dude. Why would he have to duck tape nas rap crew? If he going at Nas it make more sense diss wise to tie up his actual blood relatives. I think that would ? wit Nas more than Big capturing Foxy Brown or Nature. Lol why wouldn't he instead say I'm at the studio waiting, instead of his moms house if it's just some ole rappidy rap ? ? That's why it's a dope subliminal because guys like you still don't get the depths in which he spun wordplay around.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even XXL thinks the "Destiny lays in my hands" line is going at Nas.....

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/03/the-notorious-b-i-g-subliminal-disses/

Puff Daddy's "Victory" Featuring The Notorious B.I.G. and Busta RhymesAssumed Target: Nas

"The son of (Satan), they say my killing's too blatant/You hesitatin', I'm in your mama crib waitin'/Duct tapin', your fam' destiny/Lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist"

Read More: 15 Memorable Subliminal Disses From The Notorious B.I.G. - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/03/the-notorious-b-i-g-subliminal-disses/?trackback=tsmclip
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

You making it harder than the ? has to be. Destiny is Nas's daughter and the way he used that line was a double meaning dude. Why would he have to duck tape nas rap crew? If he going at Nas it make more sense diss wise to tie up his actual blood relatives. I think that would ? wit Nas more than Big capturing Foxy Brown or Nature. Lol why wouldn't he instead say I'm at the studio waiting, instead of his moms house if it's just some ole rappidy rap ? ? That's why it's a dope subliminal because guys like you still don't get the depths in which he spun wordplay around.

u really think im gonna argue with on what makes sense in that situation?

ole it is cuz we say it is azz ...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    I asked way earlier move on to the so called rae and ghost disses ...
  • water ur seeds
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @KneeGro_DuperMan

Schitt Ruck and Rock wernt the ones to play with, wernt they both Decepticons??? With them all being from Brooklyn they arnt the best dudes for BIG to be been beefing with, as although BadBoy artists like BIG etc were 'high priced assets' and would of been heavily protected by dudes like Gene Deal, Wolf and their boys etc but 'less important' dudes to BadBoy and affiliates who still had to walk BK and New York dolo could be terrorised and caught up with beef...
  • water ur seeds
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yo with regards to that line 'Your fam, Destiny, lays in my hands'...

What makes me think it could be a subliminal is the way BIG paused so it made it like he said 'a name' and didnt use FAM as a plural so it sounded like he was talking about a single person too...

If he had said: 'Your fams destiny lays in my hands' it wouldnt sound to me like a subliminal, but he said:

'Your fam, Destiny, lays in my hands', which to me does sound like a subliminal...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    thats how his flow was going with slight pauses
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    thats how his flow was going with slight pauses

Yeeeeah and??? That was my point, he *coulda* fit the rhyme to fit his rhyme pattern... Or just not said it...