'DJ Premier Explains The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Kick In The Door" Disses'

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just being difficult for no reason. It was a nas sublim... U can tell who young tho how u not know who jeru is?
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I swear to ? I never ever had this much trouble explaining something this obvious! Gotta be trolling at this point if you don't believe XXL articles either. It's whatever tho people gonna think what they wanna think. Lol
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course the Destiny line was about Nas why is this even a discussion
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? just being difficult for no reason. It was a nas sublim... U can tell who young tho how u not know who jeru is?

close thread
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    @KneeGro_DuperMan

Schitt Ruck and Rock wernt the ones to play with, wernt they both Decepticons??? With them all being from Brooklyn they arnt the best dudes for BIG to be been beefing with, as although BadBoy artists like BIG etc were 'high priced assets' and would of been heavily protected by dudes like Gene Deal, Wolf and their boys etc but 'less important' dudes to BadBoy and affiliates who still had to walk BK and New York dolo could be terrorised and caught up with beef...

Back n 96 deathrow had enuff money to whip out the whole bad boy camp & Being that bcc was fuking with pac that could've happened......that ? would've been krazy too see pac n a video n 96 n Brooklyn ? on big on his own backyard with bk katz big couldn't go too Cali & play with pac like that...
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    None of that matters when ya too ? 2 come out & face the man ya dissin.... that's y pacs disses will always sting more then bigs cuz he wasn't a koward beating around the bush makaveli was kurupt calling out names!

This is what makes Bigs disses better, especially if he/puff actually had any hand in Pacs death.

You see, only a simpleton like u would be impressed by them Wolf Tickets pac was sellin on Hit em Up.

You see, when your intentions are to actually take it there, you keep quiet to the public and not incriminate yourself.

Pac had NO intentions of doing anything he said on hit em up.

You cant have it both ways...cant call Pac a genius on one hand, then say he was dumb enough to pre-incriminate himself on hit em up.....even he knew that......WOLF TICKETS

So Bigs vague form of rhyming in this situation is actually smarter, just incase he planned on taking it there.

• lethal5
    Options
    @KneeGro_DuperMan

Schitt Ruck and Rock wernt the ones to play with, wernt they both Decepticons??? With them all being from Brooklyn they arnt the best dudes for BIG to be been beefing with, as although BadBoy artists like BIG etc were 'high priced assets' and would of been heavily protected by dudes like Gene Deal, Wolf and their boys etc but 'less important' dudes to BadBoy and affiliates who still had to walk BK and New York dolo could be terrorised and caught up with beef...

@water ur seeds

I luv me sum Boot Camp Click, but its no secret Big had Starang gun-butted at his own studio session...and I dont remember any physical retaliation from BBC
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie replied with a few verses that contained subliminal jabs aimed at Nas. Nas says on “Last Real N***a Alive,” that “Kick in the Door,” was about him. The track contains a few subliminals that could be about Nas, but is mostly aimed at Raekwon and Jeru the Damaja.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Notorious flow sounds nothing like Wu-Tang .... but boys be rah rah rah rah trippn

the south is different cuz tripping without a cuz is considered hatin

Nas was pulled into a beef that was already going on between Raekwon and Ghostface Killah of the Wu-Tang clan and the Notorious B.I.G. One that is noted by Nas:

“BIG was ahead of his time, him and Raekwon my n***as/ But dig it, they couldn’t get along/That’s when Ghostface said it on the Purple tape/ Bad Boy biting Nas album come awake/ BIG told me Rae was stealing my slang/ And Rae told me out in Shaolin BIG would do the same thing.”

The beef between Rae and Big came from Rae feeling slighted that Biggie was blowing up so big in 1994 and taking Raekwon’s place as the “rotund rapper that embodied the voice of New York.” Ghostface and Raekwon then created a famous mixtape that was released on a purple cassette which is what Nas is referring to. Ghost criticizes Biggie for stealing his album cover concept on 94’s Ready to Die, which shows a young Christopher Wallace, and is indeed much reminiscent of Nas’s cover for Illmatic, which shows a young Nasir Jones. There is also a threat to throw bleach in Big’s eyes, a line that Big took and used back against Raekwon on “Kick in the Door”

Nas appeared on “Verbal Intercourse” with Raekwon and Ghostface off of Raekwon’s 1995 release Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. The disc also featured a skit called “Shark N****s (Biters),” in which Ghostface and Raekwon are supposedly talking about how Big bit his ideas, flow, and style from Raekwon and others.

(Im sure there are rappers that felt Wu-Tang took some of their ideas too)
  • gee757
    edited September 2017
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    None of that matters when ya too ? 2 come out & face the man ya dissin.... that's y pacs disses will always sting more then bigs cuz he wasn't a koward beating around the bush makaveli was kurupt calling out names!

This is what makes Bigs disses better, especially if he/puff actually had any hand in Pacs death.

You see, only a simpleton like u would be impressed by them Wolf Tickets pac was sellin on Hit em Up.

You see, when your intentions are to actually take it there, you keep quiet to the public and not incriminate yourself.

You cant have it both ways...cant call Pac a genius on one hand, then say he was dumb enough to pre-incriminate himself on hit em up.....even he knew that......WOLF TICKETS

So Bigs vague form of rhyming in this situation is actually smarter, just incase he planned on taking it there.

It don't matter wat pac wanted if suge wanted the whole bad boy camp wiped out n 96 he could've had it dun cuz deathrow was selling more records & was making more money then bad boy........that's like when rza went n the deathrow club 662 popping ? & them deathrow goons beat his ass & took his chain & pac had to get the chain back for rza

https://youtu.be/aAqZBNYkOm4
  • lethal5
    Options

It don't matter wat pac wanted if suge wanted the whole bad boy camp wiped out n 96 he could've had it dun cuz deathrow was selling more records & was making more money then bad boy........that's like when rza went n the deathrow club 662 popping ? & them deathrow goons beat his ass & took his chain & pac had to get the chain back for rza

Thats kinda my point. If pac really wanted to take it there, im sure suge woulda did so on pacs behalf while pac was still alive. The fact pac didnt push the button for suge to go get them lets me know hit em up was just lip service. Pac had plenty time to push the button while he was alive but didnt.
  • gee757
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thats kinda my point. If pac really wanted to take it there, im sure suge woulda did so on pacs behalf while pac was still alive. The fact pac didnt push the button for suge to go get them lets me know hit em up was just lip service. Pac had plenty time to push the button while he was alive but didnt.

All I'mma say is makaveli was only alive 3months after hit em up dropped...I believe pac was not gonna physically ? big he was gonna ? big alive ...that's y 2pac was linking back up wit ny Kat's doing 1nation & deathrow east so big would b fuked coast2coast
  • lethal5
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    your fam, destiny lays in my hands"

explain how that is a Nas diss?

@ear2thastreet

Welp, it sure caught Nas' attention.

His words.......

http://www.mtv.com/news/1459118/nas-doesnt-mind-bootleg-hassle-over-gods-son/

On 'The Message' from It Was Written, I said, 'There's one life, one love, so there could only be one king,' " Nas explained of a subliminal barb he threw Biggie's way. "His was 'Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns' on the beginning of 'Kick in the Door.' We were going at it. It's a long story of different lyrics we would take offensively. Even down to the point where he says, 'Your fam's destiny lays in my hands,' and Destiny being the name of my daughter. I'm not saying he would say that about her, but it came so close. It was tense and we had big respect for each other."

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All you ? take them nosigns from my post
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ear2thastreet

His words.......

On 'The Message' from It Was Written, I said, 'There's one life, one love, so there could only be one king,' " Nas explained of a subliminal barb he threw Biggie's way. "His was 'Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns' on the beginning of 'Kick in the Door.' We were going at it. It's a long story of different lyrics we would take offensively. Even down to the point where he says, 'Your fam's destiny lays in my hands,' and Destiny being the name of my daughter. I'm not saying he would say that about her, but it came so close. It was tense and we had big respect for each other."
    Thanks so much for putting this dumb arguement to rest...still can't believe these guys couldn't see through something that is crystal clear
  • lethal5
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »

@ear2thastreet

His words.......

Thanks so much for putting this dumb arguement to rest...still can't believe these guys couldn't see through something that is crystal clear

Somehow i still think they wont admit there wrong, hard headed people are incredible, lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    You hesitatin, I'm in your mama crib waitin
    Duct tapin, your fam, destiny

if you cant see that as a Nas diss i dont know what to tell you.

poor Destiny caught wild disses from Big,Jay and Cam
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    type the rest of the verse a-hole
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You hesitating, I'm in your mama crib waiting Duct taping, your fam destiny lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist -Biggie
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lol at ? in denial that Biggie threw a shot at Nas using a slick line with his daughter name y'all acting like he went "condoms in the baby seat" with it and y'all saying Biggie wouldn't dare be that disrespectful to Nas... it was just a lil shot but used in a slick way..... Basically it was a double entendre
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    20c09a2e993f79fd579c66771dc563e0.gif

So when Jay said "in the future other ? playing football with your son" did you also google the meaning of future to convince yourself that it wasn't a subliminal shot at future?

u know I don't mess with j-z lyrics

im not a follower just cuz people say oh look at j-z
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    J-Z pushed a girl face for everyone to see so we talkn 2 different people here