Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dupac wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What would you do if a friend of yours hit you up about an internet stalker who wouldn't leave her alone??

How would you guys handle that??

Asking for a friend btw

Lol

First, let's determine whether or not actual......."stalking"..........is taking place.

In order to determine that, we need to find out what this............"friend's"............"alleged stalker"................is actually doing.

Basically, just because this friend is annoyed ..........it doesn't mean that they're being "stalked."

So please, give us more details so that we can determine whether or not these are legitimate concerns.

Very valid points.....

In a total hypothetical...

What would constitute "stalking"??

Like if the chick is bothered.....tells dude multiple times to cease communication....yet he still dropping paragraph after paragraph explaining himself and professing his love....

What would that be considered...?

It depends on the type of communication.

Meaning, is it taking place in public in full view of the board............or is it taking place in private in the form of pm's, dm's, text messages, voicemail, etc?

If it's simply a message board thing, then.....like @AZTG said........they just need to block the person and keep it moving.

However, if the person is making direct contact.........unless they're threatening to harm them in any way..........I'm not sure if that constitutes stalking.

At least in terms of dm's, pm's, texts, etc.

Now, if this person is making direct physical contact by showing up at their workplace or place of residence..........then they may have legal grounds to file a restraining order or some other legal action.

Were these 2 people ever in any kind of a relationship?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey guys,

What would you do if a friend of yours hit you up about an internet stalker who wouldn't leave her alone??

Asking for a friend btw

Lol

First, let's determine whether or not actual......."stalking"..........is taking place.

In order to determine that, we need to find out what this............"friend's"............"alleged stalker"................is actually doing.

Basically, just because this friend is annoyed ..........it doesn't mean that they're being "stalked."

So please, give us more details so that we can determine whether or not these are legitimate concerns.

Very valid points.....

Like if the chick is bothered.....tells dude multiple times to cease communication....yet he still dropping paragraph after paragraph explaining himself and professing his love....

Meaning, is it taking place in public in full view of the board............or is it taking place in private in the form of pm's, dm's, text messages, voicemail, etc?

If it's simply a message board thing, then.....like @AZTG said........they just need to block the person and keep it moving.

However, if the person is making direct contact.........unless they're threatening to harm them in any way..........I'm not sure if that constitutes stalking.

Now, if this person is making direct physical contact by showing up at their workplace or place of residence..........then they may have legal grounds to file a restraining order or some other legal action.

Naw just a simp situation that got way too deep. Chick tried to explain to dude they not really friends and to leave her alone.

But the dude can't handle the rejection.

He keeps trying to figure out where he went wrong and profess his love towards her..yet she just wants him to leave her alone....

I mean...If I had to make up something....This would be a close enough scenario. .

My advice would be to block dude on all media and keep the screenshots on deck just in case he persists....

I would even suggest sending those screenshots to several folk just in case....

I mean....If this was a real life situation.

I appreciate your feed back...This has been most helpful
  • Dupac
    Options
    Hey guys,

Asking for a friend btw

Lol

Very valid points.....

Naw just a simp situation that got way too deep. Chick tried to explain to dude they not really friends and to leave her alone.

He keeps trying to figure out where he went wrong and profess his love towards her..yet she just wants him to leave her alone....

I mean...If I had to make up something....This would be a close enough scenario. .

My advice would be to block dude on all media and keep the screenshots on deck just in case he persists....

110zrd961rs9.gif

If these two people are on the IC, I think I know who you're talking about.

Not gonna put him on blast, but it seems as if this individual has a pattern.

I have no idea of what which you speak...

Care to enlighten us ?????
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I know who this about..
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So everyone knows except me?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't make this a thing you guys. This totally had nothing to do with exactly who you all think this about.

I'm fairly certain that the complete vagueness and ambiguity of my hypothetical situation has absolutely no similarities to anything that's ever happened on this board.

Then who is this about fam....if we don't know the person then it dont matter does it....name names
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey guys,

Asking for a friend btw

Lol

Very valid points.....

110zrd961rs9.gif

Nah, I did that before.........and hilarity ensued.

Plus, I'm cool with this individual now.........and he seems like a good dude, so I'm gonna leave it alone.

I will say this though.

If it was a simping situation, and the young lady in question was benefiting financially from this simping.........then it's not right to cry foul just because things aren't going your way and the situation became inconvenient.

I honestly saw this ? coming when it first manifested and couldn't understand how this young lady would entertain this gentleman considering his history.

However, as time went on.........it seemed to be a genuine friendship so I thought I may have been wrong about the situation.

Not my business either way, so.........if she doesn't have a problem with it.......who am I to judge.

But again, you can't just be cool with someone........cut them off out of the blue.......and then not expect that person to question what happened.

Unless he did something that crossed the line, it's not cool to treat people like that.
  • Dupac
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Lol I know who this about..

Really my ? ? You gonna pull this after you been begging to know when ic doomsday was coming......

full

Lol well only out of respect. I feel like it's not my place to do that

#maturebeta
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du-guys don't make this weird

iCsem8pp8jg67z.gif
  • Dupac
    Options
    Hey guys,

Asking for a friend btw

Lol

Very valid points.....

110zrd961rs9.gif

Nah, I did that before.........and hilarity ensued.

Plus, I'm cool with this individual now.........and he seems like a good dude, so I'm gonna leave it alone.

I will say this though.

If it was a simping situation, and the young lady in question was benefiting financially from this simping.........then it's not right to cry foul just because things aren't going your way and the situation became inconvenient.

I honestly saw this ? coming when it first manifested and couldn't understand how this young lady would entertain this gentleman considering his history.

However, as time went on.........it seemed to be a genuine friendship so I thought I may have been wrong about the situation.

Not my business either way, so.........if she doesn't have a problem with it.......who am I to judge.

But again, you can't just be cool with someone........cut them off out of the blue.......and then not expect that person to question what happened.

Unless he did something that crossed the line, it's not cool to treat people like that.

All extremely valid points that I also would point out if asked about certain situation.

However my advice tends to be a bit more abrasive, considering the history of assumed individual.

Like the way your described it almost made it sound habitual....Like a sickness.....

But that's just speculation.....

This is amazing insight though.....any further you'd like to add.

Call me crazy, but I feel like you dropping some gems.to those in need of it
  • Dupac
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Does this friend realize Du isn't a mod anymore?

Considering I'm now free to start ? whenever I please, with absolutely no representation of or protected interest of the board/site in consideration what so ever

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Does this friend realize Du isn't a mod anymore?

Considering I'm now free to start ? whenever I please, with absolutely no representation of or protected interest of the board/site in consideration what so ever

I see ya
This discussion has been closed.