The Founder - Story of McDonalds

Options
Koltrain
Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
https://youtu.be/ksLZEepQ0nA
Just watched this movie last night on Netflix. It was pretty good.. I heard about the relationship between the founders being controversial, but I didn't know Ray Croc was that ruthless.

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    highly slept on movie. ? got real towards the end
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? was COLD BLOODED at the end. Kroc basically stole McD's up from under the Brothers, and snatched dude wife up.

You'd think he'd get his in the end. ? no. Ray Kroc ended up owning the San Diego Padres up until his death.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is the definition of why Karma doesn't exist.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been putting this off for a long time. Gonna check it out this weekend when i get some time.
  • Koltrain
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah, this movie was slept on. Kroc was a real life villain...He basically stole everything he could and took credit for it all.. With no remorse. And casting Michael Keaton was perfect cause he killed that role.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    He is the definition of why Karma doesn't exist.

For white people with all the evil ? they've done unfortunately it doesn't exist.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kroc finessed the ? out them brothers stole the name had them calling the original Mickey d's M's or some ? and that went belly up after a couple years and he still didn't give them royalties. Deebo'd them ? for real lol
    z79vl0cost8c.jpg
    What McDonald's???
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This was a good movie, definitely slept on.

Keaton was terrific in this, i can't even knock the hustle of what Kroc did.

Look at what McDonalds became because of him.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great movie. I downloaded the book after watching it,. Ray Kroc was an ? , but he got tired of losing in life and did something about it
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Yea this movie was dope
  • Koltrain
    Options
    I wonder if ol boy realized he was bout to share his wife when Ray did a duet with her
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let me dl this an watch it
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at them ? agreeing to get royalties on a handshake they should have at least recorded it. Ray Croc is the original finesse kid
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Lol at them ? agreeing to get royalties on a handshake they should have at least recorded it. Ray Croc is the original finesse kid

That was crazy...Why not lawyer up to get something in writing and overlooked. Good hearted brothers that were taken advantage of in the worst way. Felt like a horror movie the way it ended... They couldn't even use the logo or name anymore...good grief...

The trailer definitely gave a different impression for this film.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I wonder if ol boy realized he was bout to share his wife when Ray did a duet with her

Did you see the look on his face towards the end of that song? Ray Kroc is franchising in hell
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was crazy...Why not lawyer up to get something in writing and overlooked. Good hearted brothers that were taken advantage of in the worst way. Felt like a horror movie the way it ended... They couldn't even use the logo or name anymore...good grief...

Ray said that the investors wouldn't agree to give them the 3 million if them getting royalties was in the contract. I would have said ? that but Ray pretty much had them by the ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Ray said that the investors wouldn't agree to give them the 3 million if them getting royalties was in the contract. I would have said ? that but Ray pretty much had them by the ?

Still would have sued him. They would have gone bankrupt doing it but they would have won. I'd go in the gutter with my enemy just to say ? him