With the success of "It", what other classic king movies you think should be remade?

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
EDIT: STEPHEN KING MOVIES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a huge horror/mystery fan and king is my all time favorite. I pretty much seen everything of his and read a few books as well. I enjoyed everything, anything that drops by him I ? with it off top.

With that being said. I, and most of you have gotten tired of these random remakes that have been dropping for a few years now. A lot of the remakes were from movies that didn't even have time to age lol. The remakes of classics mostly failed. The classic movies that did have good remakes really didn't need one. The production and everything else was on point and they really needed to just be left alone. Now one thing that always held most of king's classic movies back was their low budgets. Usually the actors they used were cheesy/corny as well. But the story was so good we pretty much let all that slide. The weird creepy classic soundtracks add on to us letting it slide as well. There's a good amount of classic movies that really need a remake for the new generation to experience. But king's need them the most, in my opinion.

I been saying for years that "IT" seriously needed a remake the most. The horror gawds granted my wish and it was GLORIOUS!!(just like I thought it would be). With this new hope, it got me to thinking about his other classics that need a serious upgrade. Here's some I think out of all of them need one the most.

1. sleepwalkers(made me look at cats differently)
2. Thinner
3. Maximum overdrive(CHUNN!! CHUNN!!! CHUNN!! CHUNN!!)
4. The running man

All of these movies would make a killing today with a proper budget and today's special effects. I can just see certain scenes in my head done properly. The great scenes made even better. Maximum overdrive updated to modern times would be insane with all the machines/tech we use today. Sleepwalkers was already weird as ? . But with upgraded non cheesy looking monsters it would be even weirder. The running man with an upgrade to the weapons, costumes, and death traps would be amazing. Thinner just needs a remake period. It just deserves to be shown again with a new coat of paint.

Comments