With the success of "It", what other classic king movies you think should be remade?

Options
2»

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Candyman for sure
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Make This A 2-Parter As Well

The_Tommyknockers_%28miniseries%29.png

HEEEELLL NO LOLOLOLOLOL

I Was Being Sarcastic...? Even King Thought The Book Was Trash I Can Imagine What He Thought About The Adaptation
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've been hoping for years to see a dope remake of the following............

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    tumblr_mut57zHJFv1s3rlr2o2_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo4_400.gif
    tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo3_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo6_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

And my personal favorite................

tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo1_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    The_Riffs_Begin_to_Marshall.jpg
    war3.jpg

tumblr_lf23wou5H51qbjg2uo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nwch21P2Pt1smsmqro1_500.gif

tenor.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUrWYv2vtU

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pet cemetary, cujo
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ? been ? for years bout Hollywood having no creativity and doing remakes, now ONE is a hit. Now all of a sudden remakes is cool and they can hit some classics while their at it.

tenor.gif
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? been ? for years bout Hollywood having no creativity and doing remakes, now ONE is a hit. Now all of a sudden remakes is cool and they can hit some classics while their at it.

tenor.gif

It's different though cause the original was a TV movie/miniseries and an It adaptation definitely needs an "R" rating and not be watered down for TV.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ecks Vs Sever

Bruuuuuuuuuh
    .the first one shouldn't have been made
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the one where the devil was the long hair Caucasian and ? was the old black lady? thats the movie he should remake that was good
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Brother @Black_Samson

Stephen King movies bruh. Focus brother, focus.
    Movies like It and Shawshank Redemption worked so well because of the choice in directors and producers. It had a relatively unknown cast with a very underrated and we'll respected director.

When you have too much "Hollywood" out on something it never comes out properly because the guys on the yacht don't care about respecting the source material they want box office numbers SMMFH. They must understand that if you make a good movie and respect the source material it will do well SMMFH. Disney Marvel knows that, Harry Potter knows that....
    Actually I think it has more to do with money and the type of stories they choose to make into a film. Of coarse the producers/directors play a role but they can only do so much with what they have to work with. The really big story's that are turned into two parters usually fall a bit short. The shorter stories usually turn out better. A lot of them take shortcuts and ? and that ends up taking away from the film in the end.

tenor.gif
    Don't know if you pulled a jamel and didn't really read my post, but this is about king movies specifically. I also addressed what you are talking about as well.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep seeing cujo, I don't know if that will translate well with this new generation. Unless they make the dog kinda supernatural. A dog with rabies terrorizing people would seem stupid nowadays.
    Needful Things
    Damn, I forgot all about this one. Definitely needs an upgrade. The special effects we have now will really do this ? justice. Especially the twist at the end. One of kings best and most slept on stories. Cuzzo was playing the whole town.
    jay83 wrote: »
    That ? awful langoliers movie
    LOL as corny as the movie series turned out, the story made it a good movie like a lot of his works. But as I said before, the budget was a major part of the cornyness. The acting by most of the cast was horrible and the special effects had to be the worst of all his movies. The langliers was a huge story that had to be split up into two parts. This set them back a lot. You can tell that they spent most of their money on part one. Then used the leftover money for part 2 special effects lol. Part 2 was full of obvious cut scenes, rushed scenarios, and obvious mistakes.

This one most def needs redemption lol. The story was a crazy and unique take on time/space. That would really work today. This remake needs to be done. I forgot all about this one, I think they should have remade this before "IT" now. The time keepers special effects were ass smh. Take some of that "IT" money and put it into this remake. Make this close to 3 hours, that should cover both parts very well.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They Live - yeah, first one is a classic in its own regard, but let's not act like an updated version of it wouldn't be dope.

Critters - ? actors, dope creatures, this one would be a ridiculous, ? -fun movie.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - ? hilarious and dope concept behind everything, even for it being as dated as it is, those clowns still hold up to this day. Their molding work on those clowns were phenomenal. Keep it the same today in aesthetics, update some make-up and clothing, keep the CGI minimal.

The Warriors - would just bad ass

The Addams Family - could do well, keep their release dates around October

Breakfast Club - in today's society of technology, current race relations, politics, styles, genders etc this could be ? dope updated

Spawn - it needs it

The Neverending Story - because CGI and the technology to do more today, expand the exploration and meet/see new creatures
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long they leave The Lost Boys and The Breakfast Club alone, I'm good.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Whats the one where the devil was the long hair Caucasian and ? was the old black lady? thats the movie he should remake that was good

The stand hell yeah
  • Rampage12
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    I keep seeing cujo, I don't know if that will translate well with this new generation. Unless they make the dog kinda supernatural. A dog with rabies terrorizing people would seem stupid nowadays.
    Needful Things
    Damn, I forgot all about this one. Definitely needs an upgrade. The special effects we have now will really do this ? justice. Especially the twist at the end. One of kings best and most slept on stories. Cuzzo was playing the whole town.
    jay83 wrote: »
    That ? awful langoliers movie
    LOL as corny as the movie series turned out, the story made it a good movie like a lot of his works. But as I said before, the budget was a major part of the cornyness. The acting by most of the cast was horrible and the special effects had to be the worst of all his movies. The langliers was a huge story that had to be split up into two parts. This set them back a lot. You can tell that they spent most of their money on part one. Then used the leftover money for part 2 special effects lol. Part 2 was full of obvious cut scenes, rushed scenarios, and obvious mistakes.

This one most def needs redemption lol. The story was a crazy and unique take on time/space. That would really work today. This remake needs to be done. I forgot all about this one, I think they should have remade this before "IT" now. The time keepers special effects were ass smh. Take some of that "IT" money and put it into this remake. Make this close to 3 hours, that should cover both parts very well.

LOL about the first part, they already did and it was called Man's Best Friend and had Lance Henriksen in it.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »

Movies like It and Shawshank Redemption worked so well because of the choice in directors and producers. It had a relatively unknown cast with a very underrated and we'll respected director.

When you have too much "Hollywood" out on something it never comes out properly because the guys on the yacht don't care about respecting the source material they want box office numbers SMMFH. They must understand that if you make a good movie and respect the source material it will do well SMMFH. Disney Marvel knows that, Harry Potter knows that....

tenor.gif
    Don't know if you pulled a jamel and didn't really read my post, but this is about king movies specifically. I also addressed what you are talking about as well.

? , and I wasn't addressing you. I was talking bout the folks naming movies like The Last Dragon and Candyman needing or wanting to be remade.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    They Live - yeah, first one is a classic in its own regard, but let's not act like an updated version of it wouldn't be dope.

Critters - ? actors, dope creatures, this one would be a ridiculous, ? -fun movie.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - ? hilarious and dope concept behind everything, even for it being as dated as it is, those clowns still hold up to this day. Their molding work on those clowns were phenomenal. Keep it the same today in aesthetics, update some make-up and clothing, keep the CGI minimal.

The Warriors - would just bad ass

The Addams Family - could do well, keep their release dates around October

Breakfast Club - in today's society of technology, current race relations, politics, styles, genders etc this could be ? dope updated

Spawn - it needs it

The Neverending Story - because CGI and the technology to do more today, expand the exploration and meet/see new creatures

Fun fact, Leonardo DiCaprio made his film debut in Critters III.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    I've been hoping for years to see a dope remake of the following............

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    tumblr_mut57zHJFv1s3rlr2o2_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo4_400.gif
    tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo3_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo6_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

And my personal favorite................

tumblr_o4cuqsxJso1ur81opo1_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    The_Riffs_Begin_to_Marshall.jpg
    war3.jpg

tumblr_lf23wou5H51qbjg2uo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nwch21P2Pt1smsmqro1_500.gif

tenor.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUrWYv2vtU

The Russo Brothers signed on last year to do a TV series for Hulu on The Warriors.