What's the most you ever made per hour? (spin off)

123457»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    before i started my business i was making $19 an hour. and that was a come up.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basic math and writing skills are money makers believe that.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah numbers was always my thing I got a minor in Mathematics, Major BS/MS in EE then brushed up on my technical writing skills while in the industry.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    I got like 5 cats into IT and got them contracting jobs using my connects.

Next step is for me to start a mini staffing firm.

I've been looking into the staffing ? too. Middle-man caking off your hourly wage unnecessarily.

I stopped trying to talk MFs into this IT ? . I mention it, but trying to put MFs on when they doubt themselves was too tiring. Kept gettin hit with that - yeah, you gotta be real good at math, etc...

That's what's up tho - glad you was able to put people on.

Man some ppl u cant blame. All thru school i would study my ass off for a math test and still end up no better than a C or D.

Then write my ass off an A on every essay/final on the spot, wrote some essays for other ppl n got em A's, even tutored one of my friends.

Numbers were just never my thing but it seems to get u farther in most higher paying careers.

Same here. With that said I'm still planning on making use off my IT degree after all. I figured since I already have a STEM degree I might as well use it. Like ? said above unless you're programing mathematical formulas are a non factor.

How much time/money does it take to get these degrees?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking into the staffing ? too. Middle-man caking off your hourly wage unnecessarily.

I stopped trying to talk MFs into this IT ? . I mention it, but trying to put MFs on when they doubt themselves was too tiring. Kept gettin hit with that - yeah, you gotta be real good at math, etc...

Man some ppl u cant blame. All thru school i would study my ass off for a math test and still end up no better than a C or D.

Then write my ass off an A on every essay/final on the spot, wrote some essays for other ppl n got em A's, even tutored one of my friends.

Numbers were just never my thing but it seems to get u farther in most higher paying careers.
    Man, I could never get the numbers, but I went to Chicago State for Professional and Technical writing in the Journalism field. But they say if you good in math most people can't write and vice versa

I saw a dope Technical Writer position (in the IT field) the other day. I have no doubt, with that degree, you'd have been able to finesse that ? whether or not you had IT experience. ? was paying bank and was remote if I remember correctly.

Man, the thing with that field is it's real tight. And when I was in college I was already working full time and living on my on, they wanted me to intern and I couldn't work for free @ time
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, I could never get the numbers, but I went to Chicago State for Professional and Technical writing in the Journalism field. But they say if you good in math most people can't write and vice versa

I never got this. I've always been good at math and writing.

I have a friend that went to school for Tech Writing at Michigan Tech. Last I heard she was doing pretty well in the field. The tech writers at my engineering job were stacking, but the chicks that were tech writers when I was in security were caked for real. Two of them had their CISSP certs but got them just to understand the ? better, not to actually use it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »

Same here. With that said I'm still planning on making use off my IT degree after all. I figured since I already have a STEM degree I might as well use it. Like ? said above unless you're programing mathematical formulas are a non factor.

How much time/money does it take to get these degrees?

It took me 2 years but you can just go for certs. It takes less time.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a friend that went to school for Tech Writing at Michigan Tech. Last I heard she was doing pretty well in the field. The tech writers at my engineering job were stacking, but the chicks that were tech writers when I was in security were caked for real. Two of them had their CISSP certs but got them just to understand the ? better, not to actually use it.

Yeah @king hassan, I'll show you a link to that job when i get a chance but just check out those tech. Writer IT jobs. They damn sure aint asking you to work for free right now. Right now, documentation sucks on a lot of ? .
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tech writing is a goldmine. Only reason im getting back into IT is to eventually transition there.
  • king hassan

Yeah @king hassan, I'll show you a link to that job when i get a chance but just check out those tech. Writer IT jobs. They damn sure aint asking you to work for free right now. Right now, documentation sucks on a lot of ? .

Cool, right on
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this. This is great advice. For people with any type of literary degree, if yall just add a few certifications that are concept based in software engineering, it wont be impossible to find 25-50 an hour jobs
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look like i'm gonna have to rob some of you ?

protect ya neck yo

word
  • The Lonious Monk
    BedStuy wrote: »

protect ya neck yo

word

I don't know bruh. You know what money can buy? Big guns.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info being shared in here. I make decent money supporting myself but cant see myself continuing long term and been looking to change it up. A lot of these posts are inspiring.

Oh n ? retail!!
  • konceptjones
    Cain wrote: »
    IceManKam wrote: »
    ~$34 an hour as an entry-level Software Engineer in Denver. Money tends to stretch longer than I imagine when you grow up poor and cheap.

Too blessed to be stressed.

The bold is fact.

I know we like to think that way, but a lot of cats that came up po' tend to blow through money like it ain't ? .
  • king hassan
    ~$34 an hour as an entry-level Software Engineer in Denver. Money tends to stretch longer than I imagine when you grow up poor and cheap.

The bold is fact.

I know we like to think that way, but a lot of cats that came up po' tend to blow through money like it ain't ? .

Cats be spending more than they make and on the wrong thing. Some dudes would rather have a fly ride instead of a place to live. And they make 35k a year and driving a 25k car
  • The Lonious Monk
    BedStuy wrote: »

protect ya neck yo

word

Ok...

1413936726922.jpg
    1442036272205.jpg
    1430423965738.jpg
    1429558252463.jpg
    Sick+battlestation+comp+_2f798c_5491387.jpg

Well damn. We know one ? that's ready for the Race War.
  • konceptjones
    edited September 2017

The bold is fact.

Cats be spending more than they make and on the wrong thing. Some dudes would rather have a fly ride instead of a place to live. And they make 35k a year and driving a 25k car

and that's exactly the problem.

If you makin' $35K a year, you really ain't in the position to have a car note. Save about $2k and get a decent lil used joint. Grown ass man too? You need to get handy with the wrench to maintain your car to save money. I know dudes like to complain about "I ain't got time to be ? around under the hood of no car", but realistically what do you have to do that's more important? Definitely nothing job related on a $35K/yr gig so the chances of a cat having something to do so important they can't pick up some tools to maintain their car is slim to none. You prolly ain't got the hoes lined up daily or even every other day, so that's out of the picture. Maybe you're in school but even then there's time on the weekends.

Damn that. When I was making $33K/yr I bought a '91 4 door ? w/5 speed stick for $1000, threw some music in that ? and drove it to 190K miles before getting rid of it.