Anyone ? w Fortnight Battle Royale?

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also, early on get as much material as u can.. use wood early on for quick structures..

Save the brick and steel for the end where u have to build strong structures to survive
  • VIBE
    Options
    I get into the top 10 often w that tactic
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    ? pretty fun. Highest I got to Surviving was 32 lol. I always die as soon as I land it seems. Someone pops up behind me and shotguns me. Sometimes I drop on a place solo though, but then I get sniped looking for people lol.

I don't jump until the last 3 seconds then skydive the furtherest near the edge of the map. I scavenge then search for kills.

Ive kinda been doing that. I usually dont jump until a little passed halfway, but I will start trying out the opposite end of the map. Funny seeing everyone jump at the very beginning, then before i even leave the plane there are a shitload of kills.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    How do i get material? just chopping trees and rocks with the pickaxe you spawn with? I saw you can build different structures, but i havent done it yet.

Before you get to the plane, there is that minute where you and all the players are at a spawn point just running around and waiting, some folks are able to build stuff while in the waiting period, but i never spawn with materials. Do the materials stick with you after you mined them?
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I got two spots where I always land. One is on top of the prison because there is always a treasure chest inside the guards tower and once you go inside theres a ? load of weapons in all the cells. #2 is on the farm because for some reason its never a lot of people landing there and theres always guns.

The best kills are when u first land and you catch people slipping without any weapons lmao.

• VIBE
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    I got two spots where I always land. One is on top of the prison because there is always a treasure chest inside the guards tower and once you go inside theres a ? load of weapons in all the cells. #2 is on the farm because for some reason its never a lot of people landing there and theres always guns.

The best kills are when u first land and you catch people slipping without any weapons lmao.

I hate getting caught w/o weapons. I seen a dude and just left him, thought this is gonna come back to bite me. Then, I hear footsteps and it's him. Dude is right there but doesn't ? me. He respects me for letting him live. So I move on and he follows. He's teaming w me on solo. Nah. Killed him.

Never again. These closet homos get too in their friendly feelings.
  • VIBE
    Options
    How do i get material? just chopping trees and rocks with the pickaxe you spawn with? I saw you can build different structures, but i havent done it yet.

Before you get to the plane, there is that minute where you and all the players are at a spawn point just running around and waiting, some folks are able to build stuff while in the waiting period, but i never spawn with materials. Do the materials stick with you after you mined them?

When you're in the lobby waiting room, it means nothing. They build bc they find wood around but it can't be harvested raw.

For that you gotta wait until you're on the map. Everything is destructible except the map itself. Cars, trucks, buildings, trees and those giant rocks.

Building is frustrating, though. I still get all ? up in there.

But it's cool cuz u can build stairs up a mountain instead of going around..

Or stairs to get above your opponent

I like to use flooring to cover the upstairs while I run around or walls to cover certain areas. They gotta break the ? to get through so I'm ready w the shotgun in their faces.

Basically, the building aspect of it is highly necessary to ensure your survival

I don't know how to place traps yet. I get them but can't figure it out. It says square but idk..
  • VIBE
    Options
    ? pretty fun. Highest I got to Surviving was 32 lol. I always die as soon as I land it seems. Someone pops up behind me and shotguns me. Sometimes I drop on a place solo though, but then I get sniped looking for people lol.

I don't jump until the last 3 seconds then skydive the furtherest near the edge of the map. I scavenge then search for kills.

Ive kinda been doing that. I usually dont jump until a little passed halfway, but I will start trying out the opposite end of the map. Funny seeing everyone jump at the very beginning, then before i even leave the plane there are a shitload of kills.

You can skydive a long ass ways, too. Instead of going straight down, fly almost flat (not w hands and let's upward) no one really utilizes that flight style so you can fly out further than the rest and usually end up alone, id say like 80% of the time
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I see you can solo queue and then squad queue. I havent tried squad yet, but what happens if its down to your 4 man squad in the end? you guys just have to ? eachother to get a winner? Or does it make your whole squad a winner?
  • VIBE
    Options
    I see you can solo queue and then squad queue. I havent tried squad yet, but what happens if its down to your 4 man squad in the end? you guys just have to ? eachother to get a winner? Or does it make your whole squad a winner?

Squad wins

and if you're the only one left, then you rep your squad until the end

I held it down for a 5th place win. Killed a whole team, worked on another then got overwhelmed by structures and rockets. Went out in a glory of bullets and explosions.

then there's your trolls who will automatically ? the whole squad by friendly-fire. They need to disable damage/death done to each other by teammates. ? that. It's annoying. 2x so far in my experience.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Servers is down
  • VIBE
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    for a sec I thought dubbz got me

4rswmr2pcetx.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VIBE
    Options
    don't jump when everyone else does.. have patience lol
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    ? this game. Too long to load into a match and then die soon as you touch down.

The servers just experience a few issues from time to time they trying to get it right.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options

When you're in the lobby waiting room, it means nothing. They build bc they find wood around but it can't be harvested raw.

For that you gotta wait until you're on the map. Everything is destructible except the map itself. Cars, trucks, buildings, trees and those giant rocks.

Building is frustrating, though. I still get all ? up in there.

But it's cool cuz u can build stairs up a mountain instead of going around..

Or stairs to get above your opponent

I like to use flooring to cover the upstairs while I run around or walls to cover certain areas. They gotta break the ? to get through so I'm ready w the shotgun in their faces.

Basically, the building aspect of it is highly necessary to ensure your survival

I don't know how to place traps yet. I get them but can't figure it out. It says square but idk..

If it's anything like the main portion of the game you can't just place a trap flat you have to place down either floor or a ceiling and then drop your trap onto that. It can't be dropped on just plain ground or anything u have to build the foundation for it
  • VIBE
    Options
    yeh, also hide in the bushes.. it's just enough to cover you almost completely, dudes run right past me then I jump out and slaughter him/them..
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ? this game. Too long to load into a match and then die soon as you touch down.

You're not playing it right. I usually don't go to the heavily populated areas unless I'm squad up. Too many people going for the same ? .

And you gotta keep your head on a swivel when you're out in the open. Stay near cover so you don't get sniped.

I'm still struggling with setting traps.
  • VIBE
    Options
    my son got 1st finally.. ? .. dude had great tactics tho.. the last gun battle he was down to 13 health
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TonyDubbz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yea bruh, we can run it @Trollio I was tryin to hop on last night but ended up staying out later than I planned. What time you tryin to hop on? Hit me on the ps4 when u on cause i got the app, itll come to my phone
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited October 2017
    Options
    my son got 1st finally.. ? .. dude had great tactics tho.. the last gun battle he was down to 13 health

Just got my first squad win. I died top 8 but we won so technically I'm a winner. You get an umbrella to drop after you win. Think it makes you land faster.

I got second in a solo but killed myself after my grenade bounced back. :s
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I got 6th! Bastard snuck up on me after I killed someone.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    Got 2 squad wins, but I'm the Buffalo Bills of this ? in solo. Three 2nd places finishes and four 3rd place finishes.