So whats the endgame to the anthem protests?

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What ? me up is that the conservative types all say the college campuses have gone crazy with political correctness (even tho I do agree with that,) but these ? on the right go insane over someone being politically incorrect and kneeling for the national anthem.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    What ? me up is that the conservative types all say the college campuses have crazy with political correctness (even tho I do agree with that,) but these ? on the right go insane over someone being politically incorrect and kneeling for the national anthem.

@Will Munny what is your stance on the protests? You one of the better posters on this site but i think ive never seen u in the kap thread unless i overlooked it, how u feel bout it?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all so corny at this point
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As if the deflection wasnt bad enough, trump made the ? worse. Everyone is gonna forget its about racial inequality and police brutality and that Kap is STILL being blackballed.

The meaning is being dilluted now
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its simple, Kap getting his job back, along with back pay or whatever might have been affected. He has the right to kneel and play ball like its just another day.

Or at least being offered his job back, able to kneel again if he feels like it, because that his right as a citizen. I wouldnt work for them people again after all this, but i aint paying Kaps bills, so....
  • farris2k1
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Its simple, Kap getting his job back, along with back pay or whatever might have been affected. He has the right to kneel and play ball like its just another day.

Or at least being offered his job back, able to kneel again if he feels like it, because that his right as a citizen. I wouldnt work for them people again after all this, but i aint paying Kaps bills, so....
    Yea i think at this point that aint happinng, all these teams with ? qbs just gonna say ? it and continue to lose in hopes of getting a good qb out the draft
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    i hear when people say alot of them have foundations and such but they should be the main ones making a statement...otherwise whats the point of your foundation?

Tax shelters bruh.

I remember the TNT Crew lowkey called Kenny Smith out on that a few years back.

They always have some kind of contest each year and have to donate the money to a charity of their choice.

What had Kenny been doing?

Always picking his Aim High foundation as the charity of his choice.

I guess he got embarrassed and/or didn't want the scrutiny because he hasn't chosen his foundation for the contest in at least the past 3 or 4 years.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all so corny at this point

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end game is as clear as day, but many can't handle the truth of what's to come.

https://youtu.be/GPHkGS25ksg

Too many homers out there. Amen.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t know why you dummies sing the anthem before every single game anyway. ? ridiculous. NFL is too caught up with fake patriotism and sucking the troops ? . Don’t your government pay them to do that ? and have jets flying over the stadiums? Lmao smh. Just play some ? football.

I don’t blame the dudes for kneeling though. Props to them.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    They'll keep doing it till Trump finally pulls off his wig in a fit of rage and eats it for lunch on live TV.

on a light note, that would be awesome....I would forgive America and Trump at that very moment and go back to my sheep routine

Max. wrote: »
    "It gets people talking"

on a serious note, thats all its meant to do......"getting people talking" sounds pointless but its about awareness and making the people that wanna support the ? behind the scenes have to either take the mask off or eat their words and die internally (not really but they're very uncomfortable right now).

So its been 14 months n people talked about it every day...nothings changed...

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/26/packers-ask-fans-to-lock-arms-on-thursday-night/

Check this out.

Packers asking the fans to link arms during the anthem.

"Weak" you're probably thinking.

Yet CACS still flip the ? out in the comments....................

Even Trump endorsed linking arms, but these far-right conservatives ? always demand ? they can't get. (see: health care, immigration, war)

Way I see it....you keep up even the mildest form of the protests, you'll get to watch these fascist cacs lose their damn minds.
  • farris2k1
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/26/packers-ask-fans-to-lock-arms-on-thursday-night/

Check this out.

Packers asking the fans to link arms during the anthem.

"Weak" you're probably thinking.

Yet CACS still flip the ? out in the comments....................

Even Trump endorsed linking arms, but these far-right conservatives ? always demand ? they can't get. (see: health care, immigration, war)

Way I see it....you keep up even the mildest form of the protests, you'll get to watch these fascist cacs lose their damn minds.

Lol cacs saying "stand and put your hand over your heart!!" Really???? So they against unity now too??? Man at this point i dont even give a ? anymore this ? has turned into a ? mess i ? hate white ppl sometimes
  • Will Munny
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    What ? me up is that the conservative types all say the college campuses have crazy with political correctness (even tho I do agree with that,) but these ? on the right go insane over someone being politically incorrect and kneeling for the national anthem.

@Will Munny what is your stance on the protests? You one of the better posters on this site but i think ive never seen u in the kap thread unless i overlooked it, how u feel bout it?

I think they are standing up for what they believe in an entirely peaceful and non-imposing way. I thinks thats really cool. Anyone who thinks someone be fired for doing something that has zero effect on their work performance is a ? sucka.

I stay out of the Kaep thread tho cause there's nothing more obnoxious that someone trying to be a white savior.

But lets be real, the only reason the owners are speaking now is because they're all rich as ? dudes that don't like being told what to do. If they really didn't give a ? about smoke one of them would have signed Kaep because event tho I don't think he's a very good QB, he's better than a few guys starting and most back-ups in the NFL.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The players should continue to protest and make sure they mention the original reasons as well. This is bigger than a game.

Trump changed the narrative to the anthem being about going against him,he is a very savvy mainstream media manipulator,he puts the bait out and the media and people bite onto every word.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think they are standing up for what they believe in an entirely peaceful and non-imposing way. I thinks thats really cool. Anyone who thinks someone be fired for doing something that has zero effect on their work performance is a ? sucka.

I stay out of the Kaep thread tho cause there's nothing more obnoxious that someone trying to be a white savior.

But lets be real, the only reason the owners are speaking now is because they're all rich as ? dudes that don't like being told what to do. If they really didn't give a ? about smoke one of them would have signed Kaep because event tho I don't think he's a very good QB, he's better than a few guys starting and most back-ups in the NFL.

Bolded...i respects the self awareness.

*daps*
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The players should continue to protest and make sure they mention the original reasons as well. This is bigger than a game.

Trump changed the narrative to the anthem being about going against him,he is a very savvy mainstream media manipulator,he puts the bait out and the media and people bite onto every word.

"Celebrity In Chief"
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Will Munny

btw dont "stay out of it". Atleast lurk to see wtf is up n what ppl are sayin.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me there is no end game.. in the first place kap sat because he didn't feel compelled to stand.. what compells one to stand? The current climate wont change, especially under trump, so...
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theyll just make players wait in the locker room

This used to be the norm.
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

bcgsomm433a0.gif

So here's my question @Will Munny

Do you talk to other white people about the issue and do they seem concerned or interested in changing conditions like police brutality ?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These white people burning jerseys and NFL ? is hilarious. This time next year they'll be on NFL.com coppin all their gear back. Suckas..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They won't show it
  • farris2k1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    They won't show it

And ppl will still complain, plus social media will show the ppl that are still kneeling anyway, worst case i think theyll just have erbody in the locker room like it used to be
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »

bcgsomm433a0.gif

So here's my question @Will Munny

Do you talk to other white people about the issue and do they seem concerned or interested in changing conditions like police brutality ?

I'm a loner. I don't talk to anyone about anything.