If money were not an issue, what would you do with your life?

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
For me, I'm not lazy in the sense of not wanting to expend any effort on anything. I just don't like being obliged to do anything. If I was rich, I'd probably try to start some charities helping kids or the homeless or something and go back to school to get my PhD. Basically, I'd more or less do ? that I could either partake in at my own discretion or completely blow off altogether if I lost interest.

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd become one of the beautiful people you see in the music videos all happy and ? on a beach somewhere surrounded beautiful and diverse babes.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd travel the world and become a psychologist.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I die whenever Munny says 'babes' lmao

The altruistic answer is I'd probly be more active in the community...I donate and ? when I can, but I'd feel like I'm making more of a difference if I interacted with the ppl I'm supposed to be helping rather than throw money at em. The reason i dont do it more often is cuz I ain't got time and time=money. So removing money from the equation I'd have all the free time to give back and help out.

The most likely answer tho is that I'd be some typa world scholar/intellectual...I'd learn mad languages, travel everywhere and study in all these foreign institutions so I can ? on ppl with my brilliance wherever tf I go. I'd be a supreme ? .

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Traveling, give back... with money not an issue time wouldnt..to a large degree
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I'd be a straight menace. I would attack every institution that white supremacy appears to have a hold on.

I would build schools with a Black only curriculum from k-8. European studies wouldn't be introduced until High School.

I would build a University dedicated to Arts and Sciences.

I would build truly affordable housing 300-500 monthly. And offer free housing for anyone who holds a civil servant position in there community.

I would start a private police\protection force and the required qualification would be a degree in psychology or some type of human counseling.

I would build a drug treatment center and offer services at no cost to those in need.

I would build a mental health and wellness center with Moorish and Asian Garden themes with the objective to treat patients through holistic and spiritual methods with modern medicine as a last resort.

I'd want to do something like the bold too. How would you suggest keeping something like that from turning into a crime slum? It's just a fact, that regardless of race, low income housing tends to have that problem.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be a straight menace. I would attack every institution that white supremacy appears to have a hold on.

I would build schools with a Black only curriculum from k-8. European studies wouldn't be introduced until High School.

I would build truly affordable housing 300-500 monthly. And offer free housing for anyone who holds a civil servant position in there community.

I would start a private police\protection force and the required qualification would be a degree in psychology or some type of human counseling.

I would build a drug treatment center and offer services at no cost to those in need.

I would build a mental health and wellness center with Moorish and Asian Garden themes with the objective to treat patients through holistic and spiritual methods with modern medicine as a last resort.

I'd want to do something like the bold too. How would you suggest keeping something like that from turning into a crime slum? It's just a fact, that regardless of race, low income housing tends to have that problem.

I would have a very strict organization similar to an HOA and leases that specify, tenants would be fined for littering, not keeping up their property and the community they live in. Also, the objective would be for the tenants to eventually purchase the property. Off the top of my head if, a tenant wanted to buy the property their lease amount would increase and the additional money would be used as a down payment on the home\condo or go directly toward paying for the property.

The objective wouldn't be for me to profit.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I would have a very strict organization similar to an HOA and leases that specify, tenants would be fined for littering, not keeping up their property and the community they live in. Also, the objective would be for the tenants to eventually purchase the property. Off the top of my head if, a tenant wanted to buy the property their lease amount would increase and the additional money would be used as a down payment on the home\condo or go directly toward paying for the property.

Cool, I basically always wanted to do something like that too. I was thinking more about just combating homelessness than anything racial, but my hope was that it would disproportionately help blacks since we hard disproportionately impoverished. In additions to just providing housing, the collective could also provide job hunting services, educational outlets, counseling, and other things that are necessary to build people up so that they could essentially "graduate" from the cheaper housing and make their own way. I feel like you could start off a model for something like this in a city like Atlanta or maybe NYC depending on your situation, and if it worked you could spread it nationally.

It's kind of a pipe dream because I don't have the resources or expertise to go about starting something like that, but I'd love to see it happen and would contribute to it however I could if someone else was able to make it work.
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -Get my own place (outside of CT)
    -Get a car
    -Travel a whole lot more
    -Help my mom out (she could really use it)
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Cool, I basically always wanted to do something like that too. I was thinking more about just combating homelessness than anything racial, but my hope was that it would disproportionately help blacks since we hard disproportionately impoverished. In additions to just providing housing, the collective could also provide job hunting services, educational outlets, counseling, and other things that are necessary to build people up so that they could essentially "graduate" from the cheaper housing and make their own way. I feel like you could start off a model for something like this in a city like Atlanta or maybe NYC depending on your situation, and if it worked you could spread it nationally.

It's kind of a pipe dream because I don't have the resources or expertise to go about starting something like that, but I'd love to see it happen and would contribute to it however I could if someone else was able to make it work.

I don't have the resources either. And the main obstacle with getting something like this off of the ground would be, it's not a initiative designed to make money. The objective is to give those who want a better quality of life the opportunity to obtain it.

My objective would be to create a community where people own property and commune with like people. When people are given ownership of something I believe they cherish it more thus, they feel obligated to take care of it. Also, lower rent\mortgages gives people the opportunity to invest in other areas to enhance their quality of life.

I would tackle homeless through drug treatment and mental health facilities. As, these seem to be the biggest contributors to homelessness.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Travel and help random people and families

I would just try to touch every place I could and help somebody there

and learn as much as possible about each place and culture while im there, maybe even share some things they might not know or do

that would be dope
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I don't have the resources either. And the main obstacle with getting something like this off of the ground would be, it's not a initiative designed to make money. The objective is to give those who want a better quality of life the opportunity to obtain it.

My objective would be to create a community where people own property and commune with like people. When people are given ownership of something I believe they cherish it more thus, they feel obligated to take care of it. Also, lower rent\mortgages gives people the opportunity to invest in other areas to enhance their quality of life.

I would tackle homeless through drug treatment and mental health facilities. As, these seem to be the biggest contributors to homelessness.

Fair enough. I think a potential way to get something like this done would be get it to be a government initiative or at least find government funding for it. It's way too big for anyone other than someone who is super rich to do alone largely for the reason you said, there's no profit in it. However, this is exactly the type of the the Federal government should be doing. Unfortunately, we know that could never happen especially in the current government climate.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Fair enough. I think a potential way to get something like this done would be get it to be a government initiative or at least find government funding for it. It's way too big for anyone other than someone who is super rich to do alone largely for the reason you said, there's no profit in it. However, this is exactly the type of the the Federal government should be doing. Unfortunately, we know that could never happen especially in the current government climate.

Well I thought money wasn't an issue, in this hypothetical. LOL.. No way would I collude with the govt. I would rather look for another philanthropist than do business with Govt. crooks. They too would be in it for profit.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Do 2 chicks at the same time
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Well I thought money wasn't an issue, in this hypothetical. LOL.. No way would I collude with the govt. I would rather look for another philanthropist than do business with Govt. crooks. They too would be in it for profit.

Yeah, you answered the hypothetical. lol I was just giving an idea in how it could be done realistically. I agree with with your point about the government. I'm just saying that idealistically, that's who should be footing the bill for something like this.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Travel the world. Ride motorcycles, skydive, scuba and surf at the best locations on the globe. Learn multiple languages and smash beautiful broads of all races, creeds and nationalities.

After I got all that out of my system I would buy farmable land all over the world and open agricultural education centers to teach the world self sustainable farming techniques. The food would be free for everyone who worked the land. What ever food was left over would be sent to any and everyone any place on this earth that was in need. I would also invest heavily into water purification and clean renewable energy. Then I would open libraries throughout the US that focused specifically on black history.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No doubt I'm putting mad Black kids through school - on some anti-? , militant curriculum. Too many brothers and sisters out here empathizing with other races but quick to ? on our own.

I'm starting Black-oriented organizations and companies and websites, that benefit us. ? all this biased ass FB, youtube, and media ? , and companies low-key supporting our enemies while we patronize them.

Helping out the fam and friends, in an independent way of course - health ? , living ? , becoming self-sufficient and all that. Don't want them just coming back to me for more.

Gotta think of some more.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint read the wholw thread yet.

But my answer is i really dont know. My whole life and all my thoughts have been to make money and set a foundation.

I never been a flashy dude or even wanted to live in luxury, so its not even that I want money so that I can ball out.

The issue is that I come from a poor family so no financial foundation existed for me to build on. My parents neve taught me how to manage finance, cause they never had finances. The list goes on. Whatever I get done, I got to do it solo on my own.

So growing up on that, I always had a drive to build a foundation and then have my kids build on that how they see fit.

So with that said, all my drive is how to make money to make sure that foundation is built. Im not consumed by money, but making money is a big part of my reason for being.

All that to say, if I didnt have to worry about making money, I dont know what I would be doing as I am now.

Id have to make it there and then have my outlook on life to change to really know.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I aint read the wholw thread yet.

But my answer is i really dont know. My whole life and all my thoughts have been to make money and set a foundation.

I never been a flashy dude or even wanted to live in luxury, so its not even that I want money so that I can ball out.

The issue is that I come from a poor family so no financial foundation existed for me to build on. My parents neve taught me how to manage finance, cause they never had finances. The list goes on. Whatever I get done, I got to do it solo on my own.

So growing up on that, I always had a drive to build a foundation and then have my kids build on that how they see fit.

So with that said, all my drive is how to make money to make sure that foundation is built. Im not consumed by money, but making money is a big part of my reason for being.

All that to say, if I didnt have to worry about making money, I dont know what I would be doing as I am now.

Id have to make it there and then have my outlook on life to change to really know.

That's reasonable. To be honest, I'm like you in that I don't care about a lot of the things money brings. I'm not flashy or luxurious either. I don't want to be famous or powerful. To me, the only thing money really represents is freedom. If you have enough of it, you can live above most of the concerns that weigh us down. That's kinda what I was getting at with this topic.