D.L. Hughley on the Black Church: It's the Gayest Place on the Face of the Earth

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He telling the truth
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His Vlad series has been stellar.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been boarderline atheist/agnostic for a long time. He's right when talking about there's very few of us. Growing up with a grandfather as a reverend put me on some ? that just made me question everything. I got no issue with anyone believing that there's a ? ... but the way it's influenced people in our race, it just feels like another means of control.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not prematrial sex if it's ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    It’s time to have a serious conversation about this religion thrust upon our people.

People had religion and religious beliefs before white folks spread Christianity...
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    No other institution emasculates black men more while simultaneously robbing black women of their femininity.

All that suppressing of personal identity, then they act shocked when the choir director gets caught sucking ? in the bathroom while the pastor is ? all of the deacons' wives.

Don't get me started on the innuendo of bowing down to a man, screaming a man's name nonstop, "letting" said man into your heart, etc. ? is disgusting.
    kzzl wrote: »
    Folks might start waking up to ? after the 1804 movie makes its rounds.

Taking on the religion of your oppressors is spiritual corruption for black people. Thats something conquered people do. Ive seen nothing indigenous of our ancestors in that abrahamic ? . All the while black people are conditioned to fear or not know the roots our spiritual connection.

But go on youtube and its some white guy trying to search for Papa Machete. New Orleans been throwing Legba in folks faces for years and yall dont know thats black peoples diety.
    marc123 wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Folks might start waking up to ? after the 1804 movie makes its rounds.

Taking on the religion of your oppressors is spiritual corruption for black people. Thats something conquered people do. Ive seen nothing indigenous of our ancestors in that abrahamic ? . All the while black people are conditioned to fear or not know the roots our spiritual connection.

But go on youtube and its some white guy trying to search for Papa Machete. New Orleans been throwing Legba in folks faces for years and yall dont know thats black peoples diety.

Bolded.....*ding ding ding*

How blk ppl take on the religion of their slave masters is beyond stupid. Put aside all the nonsense fairy tales n stone age stories that logically make zero sense. White ppl clearly gave us that bs to keep us deaf, blind n dumb. Yet we still claim it. SMH

Facts
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, this past week, i woke up on Sunday. Fell asleep wit the tv on. And it's some black pastor preaching. Dude goes..

If you dream big, all ur troubles are gods troubles

If you put ur money up, that's not ur debt..that's gods debt

Those aren't your bills, that's gods bills

Wife is upset cause there's no food in the home, that's not ur wife, that's the devils wife

1wpquq71f70t.png

You got the break room looking at me like im crazy lol

Damn that was funny
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coaign both @mar123 and @atribecalledgabi. Plus my own life experiences made me an atheist. I covered up all my Religious tattoos and have a half sleave now because of it too. I don't knock people who believe in to each is there own. I just couldn't believe in it anymore.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahh man, I feel like I've been an atheist for a long ass time now.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven made me an atheist

Knowledge n rational thought made me a atheist.

Forreal tho...if I had to label myself I'd be agnostic I guess...religion, especially Christianity is based on irrational entitlement. ? created this entire universe of which we know probly 5% about but ? is over here making sure your menial ass got a bill paid. Foh....all the ? he supposedly created he ain't worried about you bruh lmao.

I think all atheists should be labeled agnostic.

I've been getting science involved into my reading more often and I realize that to claim "there is no ? ", one needs evidence to prove that.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

Stating Gods existence is unknown is the truth. It doesn't mean it exists by that thought, either. We just don't know.

Carl Sagan told this story about a dragon in his garage

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Dragon.htm

and we have to be able to test for a ? or gods, we haven't even found life on another planet yet

it's an unknown, so everyone should be agnostic, imo
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baby Jesus owe me 5 dollars