x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the higher power just using him as a ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't make it past 40 seconds or so. Not for me
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    i ro ny wrote: »
    ...I don't faux with Chance like that...but for Joey to say its too positive...Joey wrong for that...Hip-Hop could always use positivity...

...On another note...Is my eyes phuckin' wit' me or is Joey really rockin' yoga pants b??...

joe words things horribly.

i dont think he really meant it was too positive. i think he was saying that chance is in that territory of making positive music and church ? to where it escapes criticism.

Chance's biggest single to date has a hook that is about having his ? run up in the lobby of a record label though..
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So y'all wouldn't consider this spoken poetry?
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    LMFAO Can’t believe I’m saying this bust absolutely agree with Joe Budden. Im sorry but positive rap is trash.

Nah it ain't. Native Tongues dropped some of the illest albums of all time. So did Brand Nubian, Main Source and Public Enemy. Even more recent acts like Cunninlynguists.

It's just that this brand of positive rap isn't as effective because the flavor is not as authentic. Doesn't make that subgenre of rap trash though.

I wouldn't consider PE "positive" music. More like "militant" music.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was too dope and my fav cut off tape
  • Lurkristocrat
    I kept checkin the time like aint no jay showin up lolol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Dude always been wack to me. I laughed during the first verse of this song.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I do like about this dude is that he's kept it independent. Not letting these major labels hoodwink him at all.

Lmao i ? up anytime ? say chance "kept it indipendent". Chance is an industry plant and he is restricted due to the deal with apple music as far as how a project like coloring book can be released and sold.

tumblr_mrh5f5O2441s794spo1_500.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I do like about this dude is that he's kept it independent. Not letting these major labels hoodwink him at all.

Lmao i ? up anytime ? say chance "kept it indipendent". Chance is an industry plant and he is restricted due to the deal with apple music as far as how a project like coloring book can be released and sold.

tumblr_mrh5f5O2441s794spo1_500.gif

I don't follow this clown like that. I was under the impression that he was self made. If he's really signed to Apple Music then.....welp!
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    gum989 wrote: »
    LMFAO Can’t believe I’m saying this bust absolutely agree with Joe Budden. Im sorry but positive rap is trash.

Nah it ain't. Native Tongues dropped some of the illest albums of all time. So did Brand Nubian, Main Source and Public Enemy. Even more recent acts like Cunninlynguists.

It's just that this brand of positive rap isn't as effective because the flavor is not as authentic. Doesn't make that subgenre of rap trash though.

Pro black does not neccessarily equal militant its about pride and self love which are positive attributes. Even if they did have some occassionally militant cuts. The most militant element of PE was always Griff.
  • Lurkristocrat
    gum989 wrote: »

Pro black does not neccessarily equal militant its about pride and self love which are positive attributes. Even if they did have some occassionally militant cuts. The most militant element of PE was always Griff.

Word dead prez is militant rap
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    chance-rapper-chicago.jpg

Dressn up like steve jobs

Cornball

Dog... Why this ? shoulders the same width as his waist? LMAO!

And ? seriously can't tell when Joe is just talkin ? ? Y'all and y'all homeboys don't never shoot ? back and forth? That's all most the ? he talk be.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    This ? is fake as ? . Isn’t his pops some politician?

Yeah his dad is a politician and you can get the politician vibes from chance nowadays. I think it's great chance has donated to causes but ? be extra extra with him as opposed to when other rappers donate to causes.

Also the ? Chance and his team behind the scenes get bitter and try to bully companies over some sucker ? . Some MTV blogger reviewed a chance show last year and critiqued how his live show after coloring book wasn't as good as the acid rap shows the blogger had been to. The review was from the fall of 2016 and nobody really read it. Chance said he would refuse to get on MTV's wildin out until MTV pulled the review from its site (that again had no buzz or attention at the time it dropped).
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where all my fellow Chanceman we need to fight back in here!
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a chance fan

...but i cant defend that opening verse about how pretty the stars are n ? .

I will say it wasnt anywhere near as bad as JColes Foldin Clothes song

Thats the corniest rap song ever made and Cole fans were defending it in the album thread
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where's Big Ghostfase....

aka the illustrious ? Biceps aka the world renowned Thor Molecules aka Bandana Guitars aka Shampoo Bracelets the panty melter aka Galaxy Knuckles aka Lamborghini Saxophones

....to help me make sense of this ? !
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole AND Chance are both corny ? ...but I can tolerate Cole a bit more than Chance just cause i Know I'll fall aslleep if i listen long enough

...but Chance's flow Infuriates me
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I was dissapointed when i clicked play bcuz i wanted to hear this song he teased on IG

I kinda like the song in o/p, but this ? here?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go figure wrote: »
    Where all my fellow Chanceman we need to fight back in here!

We fight back with Chance doing numbers!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Chance is far from an industry plant lol. I never met s plant who used to actually go up to high schools trying to sell cds and ?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Chance is far from an industry plant lol. I never met s plant who used to actually go up to high schools trying to sell cds and ?

That may have been the case on his grind up. But somewhere after acid rap and right before coloring book he became a plant. The way apple music signed his ass and how the media coverage is on Chance compared to other rappers who give is night and day.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    chance-rapper-chicago.jpg

Dressn up like steve jobs

Cornball

ROFLMAO!