BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    40 years in the desert. 40 days in the desert for jesus.... its a pattern
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JOHN 8:31-40
    31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in ? to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? (here, the Jews mistaking Jesus statement to be in reference to something physical)

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. (Jesus informing them that being free is not true freedom to the person enslaved to sin is still a slave) T/S left this part ou.
    If only reading one extra line maybe it would understand.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. (the slave will die eventually)

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (informing them that true freedom only comes from the everlasting Son)

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to ? me, because my word hath no place in you. acknowledging that they are Abraham descendants ( Israel)

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. (they are talking about two different things here. One is physical the other is spiritual. They lack the spiritual discernment to tell the difference.)

40 But now ye seek to ? me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of ? : this did not Abraham.
    (EXPOSED)

• SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Galatians 4:21-26 talks about how the Abraham story is an allegory
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »

Simply no it doesn’t.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

Simply no it doesn’t.

then it's a ? story..

You ever sit back and question what the ? the test was for? ? is all-knowing, so him testing Abraham is ? stupid. Abraham knows his own heart, as well. The whole damn thing was pointless and stupid.

Unless it's all symbolic (which it is) for ones faith and salvation. It wasn't a true event.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The omniscience paradox
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

did he take benadryl?
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    exclusive film of this thread happening live

c75.jpg
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »

c75.jpg

Had to flag you for that pic B.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i did too....

wft???
  • Fosheezy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Simply no it doesn’t.

then it's a ? story..

You ever sit back and question what the ? the test was for? ? is all-knowing, so him testing Abraham is ? stupid. Abraham knows his own heart, as well. The whole damn thing was pointless and stupid.

Unless it's all symbolic (which it is) for ones faith and salvation. It wasn't a true event.

i used to be puzzled as to what the test was for, but after studying and digging for the proper understanding it became more clear. At the very minimum most basic level, the test was so we reading can learn from it as it leaves an example of how to trust ? . What makes you think Abraham wasn't as thrown off when he was first put to that test as any of us now probably were when first reading about it? Everything in his feelings was probably telling him not to do it, because it didn't make sense. But Abraham trusted ? enough to know that ? wouldn't contradict himself, even if it seems to be that he is, so he decide to go through with what he was being told anyway. And ? stopped him which further shows Abraham was right in trusting ? anyway. ? created opportunity for Abraham to make the choice himself, even though ? does know his heart. Yall be missing the most powerful reveals of these lessons. Another thing, "all knowing" applies to things that can be known in the present active tense. Until Abraham made his choice, it wasn't presently and actively known what his choice was.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »

c75.jpg

Why did you think about a bunch of half naked men in a Jacuzzi watching this thread? Your thoughts are in a strange place, is Empire your favorite show?

A woman posted here too btw.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love the New Testament, but the Old Testament is frankly a bit weird.

Like it's hard for me to understand how Job's story could possibly paint ? in anything but a negative light. He pretty much turned his most faithful and righteous servant's life into a living hell just to win a bet with Satan. Kinda crazy.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Negros don't study or know about the scriptures, Yahshua is talking about those who sit Moses seat, who are not Hebrews. Abraham is a father to many, but only those who descended from his son Issac seed are the blessed seed, They are Hebrews by Blood, Israel by Nation.

Yes they are descendant of Abraham and no they wasn't slaves because they wasn't Hebrews.

This is elementary
  • Fosheezy
    Options

Like it's hard for me to understand how Job's story could possibly paint ? in anything but a negative light. He pretty much turned his most faithful and righteous servant's life into a living hell just to win a bet with Satan. Kinda crazy.

It is kinda messed up, yea... it wasn’t because some bet though. The scriptures don’t even reveal why Job went through all that and even after it was all done Job was never told by ? why he went through it either.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting! Listening 2 Coast 2 Coast right now if someone could assist here. Dude just spoke on in the Bible there was a war where a weapon was used by the losing party which basically fried the Earth @ the heat of 10 Suns, birds fell to ashes, food burned and flesh fell from human bodies. Any1 know what book this is? I heard about the battle where sum1 struck Mars surface and within 3 days rendered the planet uninhabitable. All the movies do start off with "There was a great battle in the Heavens" too so it must hold some validity.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited October 2017
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Simply no it doesn’t.

then it's a ? story..

The test wasn't for ? it was for abraham. People say all sorts of things they'd do for ? , all sorts of things they'd give up or sacrifice, but then it gets put off. Rationalizing they can* give it up later or maybe never at all. It was also a test of love, because the love of ? should be above all, including your kids.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Options

The funny thing about the Bible is that it itself proves just how demonic and evil the Bible ? truly is. If Satan was truly real, he did the right thing turning his back on such an evil being.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Interesting! Listening 2 Coast 2 Coast right now if someone could assist here. Dude just spoke on in the Bible there was a war where a weapon was used by the losing party which basically fried the Earth @ the heat of 10 Suns, birds fell to ashes, food burned and flesh fell from human bodies. Any1 know what book this is? I heard about the battle where sum1 struck Mars surface and within 3 days rendered the planet uninhabitable. All the movies do start off with "There was a great battle in the Heavens" too so it must hold some validity.

That sounds like some of the Hindu stories of gods fighting other gods with nuclear weapons and dragons. At least that's what I remember from watching Ancient Aliens.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It is kinda messed up, yea... it wasn’t because some bet though. The scriptures don’t even reveal why Job went through all that and even after it was all done Job was never told by ? why he went through it either.

Nah dog, it's pretty clear. Satan goes to ? bashing humanity. ? brings up Job. Satan says Job is only good because ? protects him. ? gives Satan permission to take everything from Job as long as he doesn't harm Job. They even revisit the washer when Job's faith holds.

The funny thing about the Bible is that it itself proves just how demonic and evil the Bible ? truly is. If Satan was truly real, he did the right thing turning his back on such an evil being.

I wouldn't say Demonic. Basically ? is the creator and he can do what he wants. He makes use of that freedom. There is very little in the Old Testament that he does that isn't justified. It just doesn't jive with our understanding of a merciful ? . The theme of the Old Testament is that humans are a ? creation and we're lucky ? didn't just wipe us out. Now what that says about ? as a creator is debatable. Lol
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Nah dog, it's pretty clear. Satan goes to ? bashing humanity. ? brings up Job. Satan says Job is only good because ? protects him. ? gives Satan permission to take everything from Job as long as he doesn't harm Job. They even revisit the washer when Job's faith holds.

I wouldn't say Demonic. Basically ? is the creator and he can do what he wants. He makes use of that freedom. There is very little in the Old Testament that he does that isn't justified. It just doesn't jive with our understanding of a merciful ? . The theme of the Old Testament is that humans are a ? creation and we're lucky ? didn't just wipe us out. Now what that says about ? as a creator is debatable. Lol

Well it says the Bible ? made some mistakes during creation lol. Humans are a reflection of ? supposedly, so that speaks for itself. And the Bible ? does some pretty ? up things in the OT, it even admits to creating evil and calamity, what a guy.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Old testament is old consciousness, NT is new consciousness. Well soon to be old, the new new consciousness been coming for a while.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Well it says the Bible ? made some mistakes during creation lol. Humans are a reflection of ? supposedly, so that speaks for itself. And the Bible ? does some pretty ? up things in the OT, it even admits to creating evil and calamity, what a guy.

This is one thing me and my pastor always disagree on. He says the that ? is incapable of mistakes. I say the Bible clearly suggests otherwise. It says that when ? saw how murderous humans were, he regretted making them and wished he hadn't done it. To me, that clearly means that ? saw making humans as being a mistake. My pastor believes that regret for ? doesn't mean what we think it means. That was just the best way of describing ? 's feelings since his ways are different than ours. I don't buy it. I agree that ? 's ways may be beyond our understanding, but if the Bible says he regretted something, I'm going to take it at that.

On another note, I don't think ? created evil in the way you mean it. After all, evil is kinda defined as being the opposite of ? 's will, so evil and sin were created more or less as a consequence ? 's existence and will. ? did do some weird things though. Like if you read the story with Pharaoh and Moses, it clearly says that on more than one occasion, Pharaoh was ready to let the Jews go and be done with it all, but ? hardened his heart. It's unclear why, but ? really wanted to ? the Egyptians over.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    Regretting making something doesn’t mean he did anything wrong as “mistake” implies. ? made everybody upright.

You think ? had direct control over Pharoah when it comes to him letting the Hebrew slaves go?